What Temp Is Your House?

Sinuses, headaches, skin. And yeah, I moisturize. I think heavier clothing pulls it out of my skin.
Getting sick of the daily sinus head though..grr

Try a nasal saline spray to moisturize your nostrils and use LOTS of body lotion morning and night and as much as you can in between.

But seriously, the humidifier will help you with all of this.

I do..believe me I do! Maybe I need to do it more, especially on certain places.
I think I gave my humidifier away..but can always get a new one. There is a humidifier connected to my heat, but I don't run the heat anymore than I can help.

I do run a ceramic heater all along.

I am miserable! :(

Get the humidifier and run it all day and night!!! Make sure you run it in your bedroom. You will be amazed at how may gallons of water the dry air will suck up.

There are different types of moisturizer too. If you are having a problem with itchy skin along with the dryness try Eucerin calming line.

Eucerin

Seriously, use body as many moisturizers as you can.

Try a nasal saline spray to moisturize your nostrils and use LOTS of body lotion morning and night and as much as you can in between.

But seriously, the humidifier will help you with all of this.

I do..believe me I do! Maybe I need to do it more, especially on certain places.
I think I gave my humidifier away..but can always get a new one. There is a humidifier connected to my heat, but I don't run the heat anymore than I can help.

Get the humidifier and run it all day and night!!! Make sure you run it in your bedroom. You will be amazed at how may gallons of water the dry air will suck up.

There are different types of moisturizer too. If you are having a problem with itchy skin along with the dryness try Eucerin calming line.

Eucerin

Yessum, and I am. I don't have any Eucerin. Another for tomorrow. (it's embarrassing how much I do have, but need more)

Eucerin

Yessum, and I am. I don't have any Eucerin. Another for tomorrow. (it's embarrassing how much I do have, but need more)

The quartz heater will keep a room warm, but it dries out the air. You can heat up the house and add moisture and end up with supper. Make a pot of soup!

Eucerin

The quartz heater will keep a room warm, but it dries out the air. You can heat up the house and add moisture and end up with supper. Make a pot of soup!

LOL Just like a man! But I do that sort of thing. I don't have a quartz heater.

Anyway, it got down to 59° in here, so I turned the heat on. :(

Winter:

Me- set it at 71.

Daughter-Dad I'm cold.

Me- bump it to 72.

Wife- It's cold in here.

Me- bump it to 73.

Daughter- Dad I'm cold.

Me- bump it to 74.

*silence*

Me- The utility bill is over $400!

bump it down to 71.

Daugher- Dad I'm cold.

Me- pop open a beer....

I have an old house so the room temp is about 20 degrees warmer than outside in winter and around 5 degrees cooler than the outside in summer. We have a pellet stove for when it gets real cold!

24 degrees in Alabama?

Hell yes! I was in Alabama the week before Christmas. That Sunday morning it was 21 about 25 miles East of Mobile, right on the Gulf.

I am HATING it!!

I know what you mean.

But on the bright side, my lawn care this coming year will be a lot less, with all the plants and palms dying from this cold. I don't know if my Sago are going to survive.

Doesn't anyone ever open the windows?

The wondful cross-breeze of spring's freshly-hewn air.

The crisp invigorating rush of fall's winter push.

Summer's lazily-rolling warmth, begging on the sill.

BREATHE, DAMNIT!

Winter:

Me- set it at 71.

Daughter-Dad I'm cold.

Me- bump it to 72.

Wife- It's cold in here.

Me- bump it to 73.

Daughter- Dad I'm cold.

Me- bump it to 74.

*silence*

Me- The utility bill is over $400!

bump it down to 71.

Daugher- Dad I'm cold.

Me- pop open a beer....
Ever notice that (according to the wife and kids) 74 is too cold in the winter and too hot in the summer? 'splain that?

Eucerin

Girl thing. Oceans of lotions! Keep yourself very hydrated too. Moisturize from the inside out ya know.

In just our bedroom the air can suck up 2 gallons of water PER day. So if the bedroom air can suck up that much moisture think of what the whole house can do.

I've used. They don't help. I have humidifier on the heat itself.

Kat, you may not think it help but it does.

what are you having the problem with, skin or breathing?

Sinuses, headaches, skin. And yeah, I moisturize. I think heavier clothing pulls it out of my skin.
Getting sick of the daily sinus head though..grr

I had a humidifier on the furnace in my other house, and I still used a small room humidifier. There was a humidifier hooked up to the furnace in this house too, but it was disconnected when they put in a new hot water heater. I told the owner don't bother hooking it back up on my behalf. I don't think they work anyway. I bought a large, whole house, in room humidifier and it works superb. It will pump a good three gallons of water into the air every ten to twelve hours. It has different fan speeds and a humidistat on it that you can adjust to your comfort level. I'd suggest you get one of those Kat. You wouldn't regret it. I used to get the same burning sinuses and such that you say you have, not any more. It's nice in here, and I keep my heat at 72 in the day and 66 at night.

Forum List

Back