What Teachers Make

• Banned
I have a heart for teachers. My maternal grandmother was one, and one of her classmates later became my 3rd grade teacher! That was a good feeling. :)

in the state prisons, and had students running to the classroom so they could start working.
In 13 years i produced the system's best students 10 times!
I gave them the skills and desire to get out, stay out, and become taxpayers rather than tax suckers.
Recidivism from 66% to 22%. Then along came super buttlick Rick Perry, and his Lege who cut our budget to the point of massive layoffs of quality teachers, substituting alternative certification civilians who had been laid off and didn't know how to teach another person.

T

I watched it.

Not impressed. He's a teacher bfd. He works part time has summers off uses the same hackneyed lesson plan over and over.

I never understood why teachers think they are so fucking noble.

What teacher's make is often considering the base pay of beginning educators. The inside joke amongst them is to always talk bad about how they have it. Lets look at some facts.

They make more than most firemen, policemen, and other bureacrats on average in any same county of the United States. At the same time, they get all holidays and nearly three months off in the summer for that same average pay. They get weekends off. They get evenings off without having to work late unless they choose to do so.

Teachers have health plans better than the average American. Many have perks, such as a free pair of contacts or glasses every year. Many districts encourage professional travel outside the district for conventions and seminars that are luxurious, to say the least.

Let's not forget that they work inside weather it be rain, sleet, snow, or hot desert sun. Now that is an undervalued plus.

Keep perpetuating the myth that teachers have it so bad. I did for years for obviously all too selfish reasons.

Teaching in the United States is one of the most pampered professions in the country.

Last edited:
The teachers unions have destroyed the opinions on teachers by most Americans.
I cannot think of a more tragic story than the American education system and teachers unions.
Good teachers whose care for their students matches their skill do not get paid one penny more than the worthless f*cks who absolutely suck at teaching and don't care.
The unions do not allow pay by merit. Teachers also enjoy the lowest termination percentages in the nation - THINK ABOUT THAT. The people who are responsible for teaching our next generation have almost zero chance of ever losing their job no matter how bad they are....outrageous.

And BTW - 25 days a year off for holidays plus 45-60 days off for summer and get paid for all of it - I would trade for that any day.

I'm going to assume he's a Canadian.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww]Miss Teen USA 2007 - South Carolina answers a question - YouTube[/ame]

If he's "making a difference" then why is the US Public Education system so bad?

Liberals can spout "slogans" all day long but when it comes to getting actual results they're silent.

While "teachers" as a class cannot be blamed for the sorry state of American public education, teachers' unions can be blamed for protecting the jobs of incompetents and thwarting any initiative that does not benefit their members (e.g., longer class days).

The states are largely to blame for allowing local control of education, when regional utilization of resources could produce better results and provide more equitable treatment of everyone involved.

A good teacher is worth $100k/yr and a poor one is worth less than nothing.

While "teachers" as a class cannot be blamed for the sorry state of American public education, teachers' unions can be blamed for protecting the jobs of incompetents and thwarting any initiative that does not benefit their members (e.g., longer class days).

The states are largely to blame for allowing local control of education, when regional utilization of resources could produce better results and provide more equitable treatment of everyone involved.

I totally agree. I was a member and officer of the Association of Texas Professional Educators, who fought the AFT/TSTA after they illegally joined with the national union. We believe in no striking, collaborating with parents, school boards and administrators.

By the way, teachers draw a salary for nine months, paid out over 12 months. Weekends are not free. There are student activities that teachers have to participate in without pay, parking cars, selling tickets, and being security at sporting events, having to find a part time job during the summer to make ends meet.
At the end of 5 years teaching with two Master's degrees, I made $13,000 (1982), no medical benefits for my family or myself, no eyeglasses or anything else. When I attended a conference, I was expected to foot the bill myself, or get a room for 6, carpool there and back, and eat a lot of Big Macs.

Sorry, saymyname, but it didn't happen in Texas. You are spouting B.S.:disagree:

T

Most teachers do a damn good job......but, I have met a few who don't do shit....they won't make a difference in any kid's life.
But...some teachers will make a huge impact on some children....but.....they don't get paid nearly enough.

I watched it.

Not impressed. He's a teacher bfd. He works part time has summers off uses the same hackneyed lesson plan over and over.

Part of it comes from dealing with punks like you on a daily basis....

I watched it.

Part of it comes from dealing with punks like you on a daily basis....

I was a straight A student and it wasn't because of any teacher. People learn more out of the classroom than in one.

I totally agree. I was a member and officer of the Association of Texas Professional Educators, who fought the AFT/TSTA after they illegally joined with the national union. We believe in no striking, collaborating with parents, school boards and administrators.

By the way, teachers draw a salary for nine months, paid out over 12 months. Weekends are not free. There are student activities that teachers have to participate in without pay, parking cars, selling tickets, and being security at sporting events, having to find a part time job during the summer to make ends meet.
At the end of 5 years teaching with two Master's degrees, I made $13,000 (1982), no medical benefits for my family or myself, no eyeglasses or anything else. When I attended a conference, I was expected to foot the bill myself, or get a room for 6, carpool there and back, and eat a lot of Big Macs.

Sorry, saymyname, but it didn't happen in Texas. You are spouting B.S.:disagree:

T

Why do you feel the need to assault our eyes with an oversize font of an obnoxious color?

Is it a cry for attention?

Forum List

Back