What states are in play

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
I was just thinking about how difficult a time Obama will likely have winning Nevada for all the damage he's done there. What other states will Obama have difficulty keeping?

I was just thinking about how difficult a time Obama will likely have winning Nevada for all the damage he's done there. What other states will Obama have difficulty keeping?

North Carolina and Virginia come to mind. Florida isn't a shoo-in for either party. Wisconsin and Minnesota may be in play. New Mexico?

What "damage" has Obama done to Arizona? All the polling that I've been able to find has him tied in AZ.

No idea. But then I never mentioned AZ.

Damn Obama for causing the housing bust in Nevada. Oh that's right, he had nothing to do with that.

Yeah. him actively campaigning against tourism in Nevada really didnt have any effect whatsoever.

Assuming the Republicans run the Weird Mormon Robot, I think that Obama may lose Nevada, Colorado and New Mexico.

But he'll pick up Missouri, Georgia, and Arkansas.

Where I see the big risk- Texas.

Lots of Evangelicals who won't vote for Romney.

Lots of Hispanics who won't like the fact that Romney has demagogued the immigration issue.

And Rick Perry not making much of an effort to get Romney elected as he plots his 2016 run.

Every one that is not in the rich progressive liberal "do-good" NE.

It also depends on who he is running against...

A guy like Romney is getting hammered, Paul or Cain would smoke Obama in just about every state...

The big state is California and its up for grabs right now - that should be the goal in 2012.

Obama has Illinois and that is a huge advantage...

You gotta kinda work around that..... The fact he has Illinois is huge, thats why you need California...

I think Cain could actually win Illinois and I think Paul could actually win California...

California will go solidly Democratic, Nick. They need bailouts and they won't get them from Republicans.

The States that are in play are Colorado, Florida, Ohio, Wisconsin, Nevada, North Carolina and Virginia. If you're not sure just check Obama's travel itinerary for the past six months...he's been in full campaign mode and wherever he's been going is where he thinks he's in trouble.

Damn Obama for causing the housing bust in Nevada. Oh that's right, he had nothing to do with that.

Yeah. him actively campaigning against tourism in Nevada really didnt have any effect whatsoever.

That's what I thought you were referring to. How odd that Auditor missed the obvious.

North Carolina and Virginia come to mind. Florida isn't a shoo-in for either party. Wisconsin and Minnesota may be in play. New Mexico?

Uh, no. NC and VA will be GOP. So will Florida (OBama been to FL lately>). So will WI after the GOP governor turned a huge deficit into a surplus (fiscal responsibility works!).
Illinois, Oregon, and Pennsylvania will be up for grabs.

He hasn't been the president for 3 years and has had no policies to make the housing market recover? Oh, wait.

As I understand it 7 states will probably decide this election.

Political pundit, Larry Sabato, director of the Center for Politics at the University of Virginia,
says 12 states are locks for President Barack Obama and seven others are likely
to go Democratic, so the Democrats have or lead in 19 states for 247 electoral
votes.

Meanwhile the Republicans are a lock or lead in 24 states for 206 electoral
votes, Sabato observes in an opinion piece in Tuesday’s Wall Street Journal.

So seven “super-swing” states with 85 electoral votes will determine who wins
the White House — Florida (29 electoral votes), Ohio (18), Virginia (13),
Colorado (9), Iowa (6), Nevada (6), and New Hampshire (4).

There are 7 states that will decide the 2012 Presidential Race. Do you know which ones?

Pay attention to where 0bama goes. :)

Fla. He's fucked over the Jewish population and he's fucked over the seniors. Bad for him in Fla.

New Topics

Forum List

Back