What sport do you play or have played in the past?

Sport you play or have played previously

• Softball

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Football

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Tennis

• Golf

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Soccer

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Basketball

• Hockey

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Rugby

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Lacrosse or Field Hockey

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Raquetball

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Other

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Baseball

• Total voters
And really it wasn't very physically demanding my instructor had a fat belly and smoked like a fucking chimney
So it's someone else's fault you weren't athletic and didn't compete.

Sorry but again your assumptions fail
I've been athletic since I was a kid and the skydiving I did required no specialized training no real physical endurance just a some basic motor control
Just like sitting in a raft with a guide and a bunch of tourists is not physically demanding

Just like many of the things you listed as sports

Surfing is my main sport to this day. But I also play in a softball league in the summer. I played baseball most of my time throughout school and took up wrestling for a little while until I got tired of it

Curling, Baseball, Basketball, Football, Pole vaulting, High Jumping, High Hurdles, White Water Kayaking, Ocean Surfing W/Kayak, Extreme Rock/Ice Climbing, Hang Gliding, Tennis, Golf, Ping Pong, Horseshoes, Ice Hockey and Vollyball

Curling, Baseball, Basketball, Football, Pole vaulting, High Jumping, High Hurdles, White Water Kayaking, Ocean Surfing W/Kayak, Extreme Rock/Ice Climbing, Hang Gliding, Tennis, Golf, Ping Pong, Horseshoes, Ice Hockey and Vollyball

And that's just on Mondays!

The last I played together with a large group was 3 years ago. We played Ultimate Frisbee, and I ALMOST completed a 35 yard pass.

When I was in my early 20's, I found the onshore breeze perfect, at Santa Cruz beach and boardwalk. I would throw the Frisbee out over the water, and once I got to dive into the water and catch it.

I once played Frisbee golf in the forest, with my sister's longtime boyfriend.

I like to go to the driving range and hit some golf balls once in a long while.

I have played with my wife's church in softball games. The picnic was also great.

In grade school, I was in the minor league and PCL league. My first year, as a starting pitcher, I won every game and went undefeated.

I have bicycled a lot in the last 20 years. The favorite part of one of my rides is coming down from the summit on Kings Mountain Road, in the Santa Cruz mountains.

Descent of Kings Mountain Road with Bike Telemetry Pro vs. VANITY FARE HITCHIN' A RIDE.wmv | YouTube Doubler | Mashup Helper

(@6:10) He passes Huddart Park. A couple of times on this short downhill stretch, it would feel just like I was parachuting.

Last edited:
Our football team (on which I was one of the captains) were state champs my senior year. That was as far as I could go in football. Wrestling, which paid for my undergraduate degrees, is of course the greatest sport in the history of man. There are a lot of sports and other ways to stay in shape, and they are all good, I suppose. Whatever floats your boat.

Our football team (on which I was one of the captains) were state champs my senior year. That was as far as I could go in football. Wrestling, which paid for my undergraduate degrees, is of course the greatest sport in the history of man. There are a lot of sports and other ways to stay in shape, and they are all good, I suppose. Whatever floats your boat.

Mark Schultz Wrestler Biography | Mark Schultz

Mark Schultz, a friend of mine at Jordan Junior High, won the gold medal in wrestling in the '84 Olympics.

He wrote in my '75 yearbook, "Mark... Gee, I'm the second to sign this book, listen you Brain don't read to many books or you might sprain your brain... Stay cool man... Schultz"

I last saw him while I was bicycling through Palo Alto High school in the late 90's. He was coming out of the gym, and we talked awhile.

World Championship Wrestling - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mark Schultz turned pro in 1985 and right away won a World Championship.

In 1984 Mark and Dave Schultz both won Olympic Gold in wrestling events, as did the American twin Banach brothers. The following year Mark won the World Championships and faced competitors from all the Eastern bloc countries who had boycotted the 1984 Olympics. In the World finals, Mark built a 10-2 lead after one minute and won 10-5. ... When Schultz won another World Championship in 1987, he became the first Olympic Champion to add two additional World titles; he also tied Lee Kemp's U.S. record for World golds. In 1991 Mark Schultz, Lee Kemp, and John Smith were recorded in the Guinness Book of World Records as "The most world titles won by a U.S. wrestler."

Mark Schultz (wrestler) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Played football, baseball, soccer, basketball, volleyball, target shooting in High School. Did some league bowling with work buddies. Wasn't very coordinated so was mostly a bench warmer. Target shooting was the only sport I ever excelled at.

Can be from the past, or even present....

I play tennis, golf (badly) - and occasionally work out in the gym (but I guess that is not really a sport).

I fence, and I shoot competitively.

Can be from the past, or even present....

I play tennis, golf (badly) - and occasionally work out in the gym (but I guess that is not really a sport).

Played mostly baseball. also played basketball a couple of years only cause my dad pushed me into it. From time to time I will have some bitterness towards him creep up on me even though he is gone now because as I said,he pushed me into playing basketball.I did not want to but he pushed me into it.

Football I had the same passion for when I was little same as I did baseball but my dad never let me play the sport so thats why sometimes I have bitterness towards him emerge form time time.Not near as often as it used to though since i have let it go for the most part.

Football I loved and had a passion for but the other sport I had passion for baseball was the only one that I got to play while growing up that is.

I finally got to play football in high school when I was a junior.Got to play it for two years because when I got big enough to make decisions for my own life,I stood up to my dad and cussed him out.Thats what it took for me to finally get the chance to play it.

For baseball I played it from little league till high school when it was not fun anymore cause I was not good enough to play at that level.

Now the only sport i ever play is bowling,thats pretty much it.

Last edited:
I can't believe you people have played or taken part in only a couple of sports in your life. Really?

Skydiving. 'It may not be the sport of kings but it's the king of sports', as an old Irish fella I used to jump with would say.

Windsurfing, river rafting, spearfishing, target shooting, clay shooting, hunting, fishing, tennis, rugby, soccer, mountain biking.

Oh, softball, martial arts. You guys aren't serious are you?

I tried out for track ... I was actually quite fast at the 50 yard dash ... was the 2nd fastest in the class.
I was never encouraged to do sports. My mom was a worry wart, so, I never really got to do much.

so you did not get to play any sports same as I wasnt with football then?

***Chinese Kempo
***Climbing / bouldering/ repelling/ belaying/ etc
***Sprinting
***Distance running
***Weight training
***Dancing
Kendo
Basketball
Softball/ baseball
Volleyball
Track & field
Powerlifting
Cross country
Swimming

And others. I've always loved participating in sports and other athletic activities.

arent you female? If so,this is a major surprise that you are into so much sports and shocking as well since you never post here in this section.

I run, bicycle, golf, bowl, play tennis (singles and doubles), lift weights, hike, do tai chi, and take naps regularly. Of the foregoing, golf, bowling, and tennis are the only ones I consider "sports."

As a yoot, I played baseball, softball, ping pong, volleyball, basketball, and football, all badly.

***Chinese Kempo
***Climbing / bouldering/ repelling/ belaying/ etc
***Sprinting
***Distance running
***Weight training
***Dancing
Kendo
Basketball
Softball/ baseball
Volleyball
Track & field
Powerlifting
Cross country
Swimming

And others. I've always loved participating in sports and other athletic activities.

arent you female? If so,this is a major surprise that you are into so much sports and shocking as well since you never post here in this section.

This site lost its allure for me aeons ago.

I may post on occasion for whatever reason, but I realized that I enjoy discussing religion and spirituality far more than politics... in a productive manner that allows everyone involved an opportunity to grow and evolve in strength, power, wisdom, and beauty. I naturally gravitated towards other sites where this was more likely, and more deserved.

Also, I decided to distance myself from the rampant racism, the intellectual and psychological inadequacy, and the noxious and appalling vibe I get from the abhorrant collective Weltanschuung of USMB.

Forum List

Back