What sport do you play or have played in the past?

Sport you play or have played previously

• Softball

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Football

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Tennis

• Golf

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Soccer

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Basketball

• Hockey

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Rugby

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Lacrosse or Field Hockey

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Raquetball

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Other

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Baseball

• Total voters

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
Can be from the past, or even present....

I play tennis, golf (badly) - and occasionally work out in the gym (but I guess that is not really a sport).

I played little league baseball and pop warner football as a kid

I played football in high school only because we didn't have a wrestling team

I played little league baseball and pop warner football as a kid

I played football in high school only because we didn't have a wrestling team

ooooh I forgot about wrestling! I was even the statistician for the wrestling team for a short time (I was no good at it). I wound up being that statistician for the tennis team instead (which I was better at because I play tennis). We didn't have a women's tennis team.

I can't believe you people have played or taken part in only a couple of sports in your life. Really?

Skydiving. 'It may not be the sport of kings but it's the king of sports', as an old Irish fella I used to jump with would say.

Windsurfing, river rafting, spearfishing, target shooting, clay shooting, hunting, fishing, tennis, rugby, soccer, mountain biking.

Oh, softball, martial arts. You guys aren't serious are you?

Rock climbing. Ice climbing. Mountaineering. Skiing. Ski mountaineering. Backpacking and long distance trail hiking. Surfing. Skydived once, and want to more.

"There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games." - Earnest Hemingway

I played soccer, football, basketball, and baseball as a kid. Those sports sucked or I sucked at them. I don't enjoy competing against others or not picking my team mates. In the USMC, we used to play platoon vs platoon tackle football. That was fun until someone broke a leg. The CO put the kabosh on that afterward.

I can't believe you people have played or taken part in only a couple of sports in your life. Really?

Skydiving. 'It may not be the sport of kings but it's the king of sports', as an old Irish fella I used to jump with would say.

Windsurfing, river rafting, spearfishing, target shooting, clay shooting, hunting, fishing, tennis, rugby, soccer, mountain biking.

Where have you gone rafting and mountain biking?

Where have you gone rafting and mountain biking?
Rafting? The Wairoa many times, the Mohaka once. Two of us were flown in with the raft and gear to a bush strip in a 206 with the seats out, took three and a bit days to get out. Mountain biking, sort of everywhere.

I tried out for track ... I was actually quite fast at the 50 yard dash ... was the 2nd fastest in the class.
I was never encouraged to do sports. My mom was a worry wart, so, I never really got to do much.

***Chinese Kempo
***Climbing / bouldering/ repelling/ belaying/ etc
***Sprinting
***Distance running
***Weight training
***Dancing
Kendo
Basketball
Softball/ baseball
Volleyball
Track & field
Powerlifting
Cross country
Swimming

And others. I've always loved participating in sports and other athletic activities.

Last edited:
I'd love to learn:

Skeet Shooting
Archery
Any self defense course (maybe Krav Maga?)

clay shooting

target shooting

bass fishing

to name a few

I fish. Mostly deep sea. Have fished from the pier several times also

awesome

I never thought I would like it.... I really love pier fishing because it's like a social too - if it's too crowded it sucks cause you have to be really careful about crossing lines etc. But it's nice being out there at 3 or 4 am.... we have been out fishing from 8pm to sun up....

Quite an assumption you make as usual

When someone says sports I usually think of organized sports

Skydiving is not a sport as I define it especially the oh so popular tandem jumps where you're just along for the ride
Kayaking around a lake is not a sport anymore than bowling

A one day river rafting trip is not a sport

I've trekked thousands of miles with a backpack and I do not call that a sport

There are activities and there are sports

clay shooting

target shooting

bass fishing

to name a few

I fish. Mostly deep sea. Have fished from the pier several times also

awesome

I never thought I would like it.... I really love pier fishing because it's like a social too - if it's too crowded it sucks cause you have to be really careful about crossing lines etc. But it's nice being out there at 3 or 4 am.... we have been out fishing from 8pm to sun up....

sometimes we shore fish out here mostly for crappies or cat fish

New Topics

Forum List

Back