What spending cuts are the dems willing to make?

Wiseacre

Retired USAF Chief
Apr 8, 2011
San Antonio, TX
We know that Obama's 1st budget got shot down in the Senate with no votes at all for it. He has not put forth another one, nor has the dems inthe House or the Senate to compare with the House budget. They talk about reducing spending, how are they planning to do that? What do they think can be cut? And what kind of leadership doesn't put up an alternative budget? That's lame guys, really lame.

We know that Obama's 1st budget got shot down in the Senate with no votes at all for it. He has not put forth another one, nor has the dems inthe House or the Senate to compare with the House budget. They talk about reducing spending, how are they planning to do that? What do they think can be cut? And what kind of leadership doesn't put up an alternative budget? That's lame guys, really lame.

Basically cuts in our income corporate income, and in defense spending. Everything else is untouchable, and even should be increased.

Cut tax breaks to billionaires for one.

2994934040_030a9f8ffb_o.gif

Second, stop taking money from Blue States and giving it to Red States. It's not our fault that Republicans, Rednecks and Conservatives are the laziest people on earth and don't know anything about money. It's not our fault and I'm sick and tired of seeing my tax money fund those people who keep threatening to secede. Let them. Good riddance.

Second, stop taking money from Blue States and giving it to Red States. It's not our fault that Republicans, Rednecks and Conservatives are the laziest people on earth and don't know anything about money. It's not our fault and I'm sick and tired of seeing my tax money fund those people who keep threatening to secede. Let them. Good riddance.

Funny how all those "Blue" States are now Red States

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qItugh-fFgg]YouTube - ‪All Your Base Are Belong To Us‬‏[/ame]

One has to take the numbers with a grain of salt. States with more military bases will have more federal spending, as well as states with more federal land. Most of the higher ranked states have more of either one or the other, therefore higher spending.

A more accurate table would be one of federal grants/program spending per state per $ of taxes paid.

What Democratic proposals have been made to do that?
What tax breaks do billionaires get?

How about we do not pay to repair any levees that fail this year. No more welfare for properties in places which are uninhabitable w/o my financial aid.

This will end the aid cycle as well as saving us directly. Also it will increase demand for newer properties built in the modern age out of the floodplain

So the dem position is to cut defense spending and raise taxes on the rich and corporations.

Sounds good. Can we eliminate the CIA now that we have the Department of Homeland Security?

Not to be rude, but instead of PT can domestically stationed troops do highway department work or something so we can get more value out of them?

Again, I have much respect for our military men but like the Roman and British Empire, the size and quality of our military is somehow supported by and fixed to our GDP.

What Democratic proposals have been made to do that?
What tax breaks do billionaires get?

Now that I am better off than the average American I receive all sorts of deductions for interest on mortgages, student loans, costs of home improvement, business machine expenses. Lol if you cant find business / personal vehicle deductions. Retirement contributions, health care costs...

Presumably if the Donald is a billionaire he has an accountant who is better than mine and can find even more.

The only cuts they all support is cuts to bases and ports that are not near where they collect votes.

It's a shitty thing to cut defense spending, b/c the last time the dems did it, they broke enlisment contracts to do so.

so really the dem plan is to fuck the rich and the Vets. Keep the poor chained into welfare and ensure that public unions keep getting more and more until we collapse.

So the dem position is to cut defense spending and raise taxes on the rich and corporations.

Sounds good. Can we eliminate the CIA now that we have the Department of Homeland Security?

Not to be rude, but instead of PT can domestically stationed troops do highway department work or something so we can get more value out of them?

Again, I have much respect for our military men but like the Roman and British Empire, the size and quality of our military is somehow supported by and fixed to our GDP.

Why not people on welfare?

So, raise taxes on the rich, get maybe 70 billion a year. Raise corp taxes to be the highest in the world, probably get less than 70 billion there, and cut oh, maybe 100 billion in defense spending. Out of a 1.6 trillion deficit you got it down to maybe 1.3 trillion, way to go. Of course, the economy will tank and we'll have a real depression to equal or surpass the 1930s, but BY GOD we raised taxes on those rich bastards. You guys are insane.

And, no answer for why Obama and the dems will not put up an alternative budget to the GOP's? Cuz right now I'm thinking cowardice and a total lack of leadership.

What spending cuts are the dems willing to make? I've heard it said they are willing to let their subscriptions to Rush Limbaugh's web site expire.

There's only one spending cut that the Dems are every willing to make, and that's to national defense...but they are always willing to wage "kinetic military actions" off budget.

Cut spending?

First thing is to put teeth into fraud laws on medicare and such.
Make the finiancial fine for medicare, etc fraud to be 200% of the wamount that the govt was defrauded. No more of this just a cost of doing business.

Cut off 25% of foreign military bases.
Cut off all corporate welfare. Including farm subsidies and such.
Pull troops from Afganistan and Iraq.
Reduce sixe of military by 25%. We would still be the worlds largest in terms of spending.

Increase benefits age for SS benefits and raise the withholding. Also do not allow any surplus to be spent.
Allow Medicare Pard D to bargain for prescription drug prices even going out of country to obtain cheaper drugs.

Make gas tax a percentage of gas price not a flat per gal tax to enable the tax to provide for road upkeep.

Pass a flat income tax on ALL personal income with no deductions.

Yes this went beyond cuts but more than just cuts is needed.

Cut spending?

Make the finiancial fine for medicare, etc fraud to be 200% of the wamount that the govt was defrauded. No more of this just a cost of doing business.

Reduce sixe of military by 25%. We would still be the worlds largest in terms of spending.

Increase benefits age for SS benefits and raise the withholding. Also do not allow any surplus to be spent.
Allow Medicare Pard D to bargain for prescription drug prices even going out of country to obtain cheaper drugs.

Make gas tax a percentage of gas price not a flat per gal tax to enable the tax to provide for road upkeep.

Almost all of this is raising taxes and cutting defense. Very little of it is actually feasible, politically speaking. I like the idea of the flat tax with no deductions and getting tougher on medicare cheats.

Cut spending?

Almost all of this is raising taxes and cutting defense. Very little of it is actually feasible, politically speaking. I like the idea of the flat tax with no deductions and getting tougher on medicare cheats.

Ahh you hit on the main reason we are where we are. Political feasability.
We need logic and reason not politics.

Forum List

Back