What sources do Republicans consider legitimate?

I always hear news being dismissed because of where it comes from. So I'm curious what news is considered legitimate to Republicans?

It depends on the subject as to which echo chamber the pea brains scurry to.

If it is climate change...

These are the people that can be trusted to fund REAL science...

industrial_pollution.jpg

And these are the experts...

12340-Clay-Sculpture-Of-A-Weatherman-Giving-A-Five-Day-Forecast-On-The-News-Clipart-Picture.jpg

"Eighty percent of Republicans are just Democrats that don't know what's going on"
Robert F. Kennedy Jr.

I'm willing to go to the Liberal Intellectual Elites for news: Jon Stewart, Colbert, Maddow and Wikipedia.

I'm willing to go to the Liberal Intellectual Elites for news: Jon Stewart, Colbert, Maddow and Wikipedia.

wikipedia is user submitted...how could...nevermind

I'll ask again incase you missed it.

What do you think are legitamate sources?

Ok gotcha, all the regs like NBC, abc, CNN, NPR (but it's sooo boring) Cspan and some websites and blogs as long as they back up their position with facts. I'm going to be honest, I don't consider Fox to be legit and the reason why is because everytime they report something incorrect they take the fall back positing of "they aren't reporters, they're commentators. Fox has, I believe 2 hours of reporting total. I consider it more entertainment than news.

Ok gotcha, all the regs like NBC, abc, CNN, NPR (but it's sooo boring) Cspan and some websites and blogs as long as they back up their position with facts. I'm going to be honest, I don't consider Fox to be legit and the reason why is because everytime they report something incorrect they take the fall back positing of "they aren't reporters, they're commentators. Fox has, I believe 2 hours of reporting total. I consider it more entertainment than news.

you don't consider Fox but consider some websites and blogs.... credibility lost.. sorry.. there is more than 2 hours of news reporting on Fox... yes there is commentary and entertainment shows, but way more than 2 hours of news reporting

Those blogs take things out of context.. leave out details, and interject unsubstantiated and baseless agenda into their supposed 'information'... the list goes on on the little tricks sites like those play... hence why I reference no blog, no matter the slant.. they are not legit sources...

So when they post the actual video, or the actual transcript of what someone said, what the fuck more are they supposed to do?

Not add their agenda, commentary.. not to mention not editing the video, only having partial quotes out of context, etc... Those sites and many more are not reliable nor are they legit news... it's that simple

The ONLY reason they are cited is because of a hyper-partisan agenda

A fact is a fact no matter who speaks it.

So when they post the actual video, or the actual transcript of what someone said, what the fuck more are they supposed to do?

Not add their agenda, commentary.. not to mention not editing the video, only having partial quotes out of context, etc... Those sites and many more are not reliable nor are they legit news... it's that simple

And a fact can be twisted by added commentary and when taken out of context.. which is status quo for sites like Huffy Puffy...

Sorry Carby... those sites are not legit nor credible

See... I am one who does not accept commentary or blogs from any side... while you are one to accept it if it fits your agenda

NBC leans to far to the left to be little more than opinion any more. Dont pay much attention to ABC and CBS lost all cred with the claim of 87k at 8/28. CNN is good, trust but verify though. NPR and Cspan put me in comas with the monatone drowne that they have. FOX is right leaning, but I still verify what they say. Thier primetime line up is all opinion shows, the day time leading up to Beck is news.

Think progress?? Epic fail... about as winger as you can get... what next? reaganbushdebt.org?

If you can give me one instance where ThinkProgress had lied about anything, I will never visit the site again.
TP isn't Brietbart. Yes they're opinion, but they don't lie and make shit up.

I always hear news being dismissed because of where it comes from. So I'm curious what news is considered legitimate to Republicans?

If both sides stopped viewing commentary and analysis as news (it's not) and focused specifically on the news broadcasts of all the major outlets, including foreign outlets, they'd have at least a 50% chance the stories are mostly to somewhat correct without specific bias.

you don't consider Fox but consider some websites and blogs.... credibility lost.. sorry.. there is more than 2 hours of news reporting on Fox... yes there is commentary and entertainment shows, but way more than 2 hours of news reporting

Well I gave you reasons why and I have more reasons than just that but I wanted to keep it brief. Whether you think I have credibility or not doesnt matter, I'm truthful about my opinion. I said Fox has (I BELIEVE) 2 hours of news total. If they have more please let me know but dont just say. "You're wrong" then just disappear.

Just because a host leans a certain way don't pretend that that is the entire network. Olbermann leans left...The OWNER of Fox not only leans right but falls over to the right, and worked with for Republicans and ADMITTED that they seek to influence others through their news. When News orgs get caught with bad reporting they apologize....Fox has (AS FAR AS I KNOW) has NEVER apologized, issued a retraction or anything. When they get caught, they attack ppl for pointing out their lies.

I don't consider 'news' outlets to be legitimate sources anymore. They are mainly agenda driven. I'll accept only those that provide context for any quotes they provide... other than that, I'll stick to my sources to confirm or dismiss any 'information' provided by any media.

I don't trust what the mainstream media SAYS about a story, but I do at least trust them that the story exists. A thread based on the Huffington Post is a waste of Internet space.

As for the details of a story, it depends on the detail in question.

There are also organizations I would trust. For straight stats on abortion, for example, I'll accept the Guttmacher Institute. Their interpretations of what the stats MEAN are crap, but their stats are always good.

And a fact can be twisted by added commentary and when taken out of context.. which is status quo for sites like Huffy Puffy...

Sorry Carby... those sites are not legit nor credible

See... I am one who does not accept commentary or blogs from any side... while you are one to accept it if it fits your agenda

No you can't reject a fact. You can reject the spin attached to it. But you can't reject the fact.

The reason people like you want to dismiss 'unfriendly' sources as evidence is because you know the friendly ones won't do your agenda any harm. It's a very transparent scheme.

For one, the right likes foreigners, as long as they lie about this country.

Rupert Murdoch from Australia and his partner, Prince Alwaleed bin Talal, a nephew of the Saudi king, owners of Fox news. The Prince supports terrorists, holds fundraisers for suicide bombers and sympathises with the 9/11 terrorists, yet the right insists Fox is unbiased.

Those Fox fuckers hate this country. It couldn't be more plain and their followers refuse to believe it.

fox-20080702-steinberg.jpg

fox-20080702-redicliffe.jpg

live-20090727.jpg

GettingItWrong.gif

That was Fox and Friends, you dick. They were mocking those idiots for altering a photo

Nigger_Innis_MSNBC.jpg

Then why didn't they say so? They didn't. Because I was watching when they presented these pictures as the real deal.

Worse, a few days ago, I saw a video they edited where Obama said, "I'm going to raise your taxes". But the from the speech, Obama said, "Republicans keep saying, I'm going to raise your taxes".

This is a dirty network. They have been caught padding Republicans rallies with fake video time and again.

They are foreigners who do not wish this country well. It's clear.

This is a dirty network. They have been caught padding Republicans rallies with fake video time and again.

They are foreigners who do not wish this country well. It's clear.

Stop watching it?

You realise that its your patronage, rdean, that keeps them in business....:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back