What Sort Of Funeral Do You Want?

My husband and I have done all the necessary checking here where we live. We both have made it clear to our extended families that we are to be buried here on our property. All we need is a very cheap permit and we can be buried in whatever means we want in our own private little cemetary. I do so love living in the country. Barring all of that, if for some reason we don't still own this place, we've both opted for cremation. I want to be spread off the Blue Ridge Parkway and he wants a small bit of himself "dumped" in every in a line from the East Coast to the West Coast by someone on a motorcycle. I've already told him that if he goes first he's going to be stuffed and sat up in his recliner so I can throw darts at him until it's my time to go.

My father, the old Marine Captain died Memorial Day at age 88. In 1980 he prepaid for cremation.
Cremation is the best way to go. Funeral homes, cemetery lot sales people, memorial stone manufacturers, casket makers and funeral directors are some of the most corrupt folks on earth. In most states you HAVE to buy your casket from the funeral home as it is illegal to do so otherwise. A $48dollar card board one for cremation- the remains have to be put into something-start at $1800 in those mandatory states.
Cremation saves the family the head aches and exorbitant and outrageous fees of a ground burial. If one is thinking about not being a burden to the family, that is the way to go.

That is your opinion.
While funeral homes and the like do rip people off here and there, there is the other side to the coin as well...

Established funeral homes where families for generations have provided the service to the communities they live in. And wood and metal artisans who are able to explore their creativity by creating caskets and the like.

To each his or her own. Personally, I like the idea of extended mourning, mourning clothes, sitting wtih the bodies, the whole shebang.

But that's me. Any excuse for a long, drawn-out family gathering.

No, it is fact.
I have nothing against those that want a ground burial, to sit with the dead or whatever turns you on. That is okay with me.
If your family members want you to mourn for them that is fine. Our family wants our relatives to celebrate our lives and not mourn. Nothing wrong with either way.
All I did was post facts.

Nothing too elaborate, I want to be dressed like King Tut, then given a Viking funeral down the East River aboard the QEII.

I'm hopeful that as my last act on Earth the ashes from the ship will reduce the carbon footprint I made in life, or increase it, I'm not sure it fucking matters.

It also would be great if some of my ashes got in a Liberals eye and they got distracted and walked into a lamppost. How cool would that be?

Nothing too elaborate, I want to be dressed like King Tut, then given a Viking funeral down the East River aboard the QEII.

I'm hopeful that as my last act on Earth the ashes from the ship will reduce the carbon footprint I made in life, or increase it, I'm not sure it fucking matters.

It also would be great if some of my ashes got in a Liberals eye and they got distracted and walked into a lamppost. How cool would that be?

Frank wants his ashes to be thrown into the air at the acceptance speech of the 2012 Democratic National Convention. :clap2:

I'm sorely tempted to do what Hunter S. Thompson did.

Have my remains shot out of a cannon while Bob Dylan's 'Mr. Tambourine Man' plays.

Do you have strong feelings about how you'd like your remains to be disposed of? What sort of service you'd like held for your loved ones after you are gone? If you don't mind sharing, please tell us a bit about your plans.

My biggest fear is being buried alive, so I want to be cremated, and my ashes spread in the ocean or something. I want my funeral to not be so serious, and I want them to play Girls just Wanna have Fun. :D

Forum List

Back