What sort of depraved monsters boil turtles alive?

I don't know about boiling turtles, but I do know that some people like to eat them and say they are really good.

Crab and lobster I do know are boiled alive. And I'll admit that I've eaten both - not very often with crab and it's been years since I've had lobster. They are very good - especially Chesapeake Bay blue crab and as another poster said - soft shell is best.

People eat lots of different animals for different reasons and I, personally, see no real reason or healthy value in being a strict vegetarian. But that's me. I know there is some horrific animal abuse and I do not support that in any way - it's plain wrong. Abuse is defined differently from one person to another - to some, stepping on an ant or spider is flagrant abuse of an animal. To me, stepping on an ant is a matter of happenstance - I don't do it on purpose. But spiders? I'm going to kill every one that I see because I'm allergic to the damned things and have really bad reactions if I'm bitten.

Regardless, if I had to choose between killing an animal or a human, I would kill the animal.

Personally?

I try not to kill anything (except roaches and mosquitoes)

I'll take most bugs I find inside and let them go outside.

Racist thread is racist.
Exactly.

And those who sneer at rednecks and people in certain locales because there are those who shoot pigeons are also bigoted.

I don't recall ever having turkey for Thanksgiving or Christmas until I was a teen, and the Butterball ads sunk in. The men in my family always went out and brought in quail. When I went to Colonial Williamsburg last year, I had quail at one of their restaurants, and it isn't cheap either. We have some good eatin' here that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. I noticed there were no guinea fowl roaming around where the farmer down the way sells veggies. My guess is they are all either eaten or in the freezer. That is some more delicious eatin'. And venison is the bomb!

Last edited:
Why, minorities, of course!
Boiling alive isn't the only abuse they heap upon the head of our poor amphibian cousins:

".

Turtles aren't amphibians. They're reptiles. As to whether they are your cousins or not, I'd rather not speculate... but it seems you've failed basic biology.

Some turtles are terrestrial and some are amphibious.

Limbs

Terrestrial tortoises have short, sturdy feet. Tortoises are famous for moving slowly, in part because of their heavy, cumbersome shells, which restrict stride length.

Skeleton of snapping turtle (Chelydra serpentina)
Amphibious turtles normally have limbs similar to those of tortoises, except the feet are webbed and often have long claws.

Turtle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I guess they don't teach things like that in the ghetto.

Na they do. Turtles are amphibious, but are not amphibians. Check out a Petersons field guide for either coast. Must have books if you have kids.

Question for the day: If vegetarians are so passionate about saving the animals, why do they eat their food?

Turtles aren't amphibians. They're reptiles. As to whether they are your cousins or not, I'd rather not speculate... but it seems you've failed basic biology.

Limbs

Terrestrial tortoises have short, sturdy feet. Tortoises are famous for moving slowly, in part because of their heavy, cumbersome shells, which restrict stride length.

Skeleton of snapping turtle (Chelydra serpentina)
Amphibious turtles normally have limbs similar to those of tortoises, except the feet are webbed and often have long claws.

Na they do. Turtles are amphibious, but are not amphibians. Check out a Petersons field guide for either coast. Must have books if you have kids.

I did not say turtles were not reptiles. I said: "Some turtles are terrestrial and some are amphibious." Which is correct. We have a lot of the terrestrial ones around here and we call the terrapins.

Last edited:
We got crawdads in up in the White Mountain trout lakes....walk in barefoot and you'll get your toes pinched....they're real aggressive. So there's fellas that put out traps, snag a few dozen of the little critters and drop em in boiling water....no bad with some cocktail sauce

We got crawdads in up in the White Mountain trout lakes....walk in barefoot and you'll get your toes pinched....they're real aggressive. So there's fellas that put out traps, snag a few dozen of the little critters and drop em in boiling water....no bad with some cocktail sauce

Yes, I forgot about those boloney eating snacks.

I did not say turtles were not reptiles. I said: "Some turtles are terrestrial and some are amphibious." Which is correct.

Ya. While it was pointed out above that turtles are targets for abuse, they are also a good way to get kids out of the house. Terrestrial or amphibious, turtles are pretty cool critters. Mini crocodiles with shells. Sorry about the weirdness. I tend to pontificate shit different when stoned.

Last edited:

Never got the fascination with Crawdads.

They have no flavor. Even when you boil them in a very spicy broth.

And they are as hard as heck to eat.

Shrimps on the other hand.

Love em.

Last edited:

I did not say turtles were not reptiles. I said: "Some turtles are terrestrial and some are amphibious." Which is correct. We have a lot of the terrestrial ones around here and we call the terrapins.

Oh, lots of terrapins in the pet industry.

Oh for fuck sake. Minorities have no majority on animal cruelty. Stupid rednecks definitely own that spot. I live among them so I think I'm qualified to be an expert on this matter.

The damn turtles don't come out until spring. There are far more edible things to devour in a pinch.

agreed. This is a massive threadFAIL and putting it in current events? :eusa_eh: She played the race card in her first sentence.

Extrapolating the actions of two youths to an entire race :clap2: Republican voters :thup:

Love em.

It takes a mess of them to make a meal....but if you're lost in the high country you can catch them with your hands (or toes) and get a protein hit. The trout up there are hatchery trout....taste like mud....I'd rather eat what they bite on....a rig of a tiny marshmellow, a salmon egg, and a kernel of corn....now that's goot eatin. :doubt:

Love em.

It takes a mess of them to make a meal....but if you're lost in the high country you can catch them with your hands (or toes) and get a protein hit. The trout up there are hatchery trout....taste like mud....I'd rather eat what they bite on....a rig of a tiny marshmellow, a salmon egg, and a kernel of corn....now that's goot eatin. :doubt:

I love salmon eggs and corn!

Maybe not together...

:doubt:

And I went crawfishing as a kid..nasty little fucks.

Love em.

I love salmon eggs and corn!

Maybe not together...

:doubt:

And I went crawfishing as a kid..nasty little fucks.

We call that combo a waldorf salad....everybody in the high country knows what that means. Woods Canyon and Willow Springs on the Rim are for tourists and lazy anglers.....We that are serious about monster trout go fly-fishing up to Lees Ferry on the Colorado. They tried to introduce Kamloops and a trout called a "McGuire" I believe it was, to the big compound lakes (Roosevelt and Apache) where the water is cold year around....normally bass eat trout fry like popcorn but these species grow fast enough to put up a tussle....I hear they're doing pretty well but haven't been up there in awhile.

Forum List

Back