What snacks are you making for the SB?

Looks good, WillHaftawaite. I'm not a big fan of hot dogs though. :)

I wonder how brats would work instead.....ya'd have to pre-cook em first though
Would you?

15-18 minutes in the oven should be long enough to cook the brats

would I what????? Make them? Prolly since I've been drooling over the video & already made my checklist of ingredients. I got everything except the dough so going to make a store run. I'm also thinking of doing both brats & dogs to compare and that will be our supper.

Sorry but you'll have to make them yourself cause I don't think you & yours are within driving distance to join us.

Would you have to precook them, considering the time they will be in the oven?

They were good, but I liked the dogs better than the brats, but that's just me. Your mileage may vary, just saying

My taco lasagna came out awesome by the way. I didn't drain the meat and I did add the sauce and it didn't get soggy. I put a little oil on the bottom of the pan before I put the tortillas in, and I think that helped.

My taco lasagna came out awesome by the way. I didn't drain the meat and I did add the sauce and it didn't get soggy. I put a little oil on the bottom of the pan before I put the tortillas in, and I think that helped.
Now you're going to have to give me your recipe and tell me exactly what you did. Please please please:) I'm so tired of my soggy tortilla lasagnes :sad:

Now you're going to have to give me your recipe and tell me exactly what you did. Please please please:) I'm so tired of my soggy tortilla lasagnes :sad:

I used soft corn tortillas, not the really big ones though. They were probably like 6 inches in diameter. I rubbed a little bit of oil on the bottom on a 13 x 9 inch glass baking pan. I laid out about 6 tortillas on the bottom. Put some taco sauce over them, put the taco meat on and tons of cheese, another layer of tortillas and sauce, meat and cheese, then I covered it with tortillas and sauce and cheese. Baked it at 375 degrees F for about 20-30 minutes until the cheese was all melted.

I was surprised that it cut so easily. I thought it was going to be really messy, but it was surprisingly neat and easy to cut. :)

Oh, Tilly, I baked it uncovered too. That might help make it less soggy. I don't know if you covered yours with foil or not.
Yes I did use foil fo some of the time it was in the oven :eusa_doh:
I was also topping mine off with a bechamel type sauce. Although it would be thick in consistency, it is yet more fluid. Also, I think I was putting it in the oven too long. A sprinkling of cheese on top is better than the bechamel I think. So I will try it your way next time. I love lasagne but I like to have a non wheat version too.
BTW, I once made a version with chilli meat sauce rather than bologniase/lasagne type sauce, and that was awesome (apart from soggy tacos) ha ha. Thanks ChrisL.

Forum List

Back