What should we do?

Im afraid the liberalism is starting to show through a little here. Cause all I'm hearing is we failed, we failed. Or this was dumb. Fine I get that. What should we do about it?

Im afraid the liberalism is starting to show through a little here. Cause all I'm hearing is we failed, we failed. Or this was dumb. Fine I get that. What should we do about it?

No, it's what they want, but we must give a chance for success. The alternative is unaccepable.

At this point, the country is in conflict with itself. I think that the two most plausible solutions are to get out until the dust clears, or break the country up into several countries and keep our troops there. If we get out, the dust settles, and the good guys win, then we're happy. If they don't, then perhaps we need to do something about it again.

However, I like the second solution better. The conflict is split up into several ethnic/religious groups, and even if we manage to pull off getting the country together at great cost, I can only see Iraq splitting into several other countries. I think we could save ourselves a bit of the violence by just splitting it up right now.

At this point, the country is in conflict with itself. I think that the two most plausible solutions are to get out until the dust clears, or break the country up into several countries and keep our troops there. If we get out, the dust settles, and the good guys win, then we're happy. If they don't, then perhaps we need to do something about it again.

However, I like the second solution better. The conflict is split up into several ethnic/religious groups, and even if we manage to pull off getting the country together at great cost, I can only see Iraq splitting into several other countries. I think we could save ourselves a bit of the violence by just splitting it up right now.

I can see the country split working as a political move. It would allow the poloticians to declare a solution if not so much a victory. I don't really see it lasting however. We need only look to Israel to see how well that will work in the long run.

I can see the country split working as a political move. It would allow the poloticians to declare a solution if not so much a victory. I don't really see it lasting however. We need only look to Israel to see how well that will work in the long run.

I agree, there must be resolution. Good call.

On the other hand, you could point to Africa, or the Balkans, as examples of countries not being split when they should have. It is worth considering that a situation like you have in Israel could be a best case scenario for the outcome in Iraq. It's possible that there's no perfect solution to this problem that many seem to have in mind, at least not in the near future.

Forum List

Back