What Should I

OldLady

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2015
One morning in Spring, I was driving along and came upon a moose standing stock still in the road. It wasn't licking salt off the road or doing the Which-Way-Do-I-Go Cha Cha, it was just standing motionless, staring straight ahead and didn't even acknowledge my approach except with a flick of its ear. It was in the opposite lane headed my way, so I stopped a respectful distance back (I've been charged before) and waited. While I sat wondering if it was sick, worrying that a lumber truck would come barreling along and cream either me or the moose, and debating if I should lay on the horn to move it along, it happened.
From the verge behind the moose came a newborn moose, half clambering, half crawling out of the ditch and up onto the road. Its wobbly legs weren't working quite to order, yet, and one would swing out sideways instead of forward now and then, but with great determination, if not great aplomb, it tottered toward its mother. She took two steps forward and again stood waiting until the baby caught up, then took a few steps more, until they were both across the road and back into the woods.
I've seen a lot of wildlife in my travels, but that morning I felt a very special gift had been bestowed upon me by Mother Nature herself. Quite a blessing on a morning drive through the woods.
Anyone else got one?

Meant to title this, What Should I Call This--It's About a Moose.
But I guess I hit a button when I shouldn't.

Sounded like the start to a Bonzi thread...

We feed quite a few strays at my house. On occasion an possum, squirrel, blue jay or skunk joins in. The skunk decided last Halloween was a good time to grab a bite. In between kiddo visits. I was forced to change the skunk's mind.

Just this morning I had the opportunity to visit an free range local zoo, $175 bucks later I walked out of the Walmart exit..........

So much for trying to start a thread that wasn't full of unkind sentiments.

Hey Jude, don't make it bad
For well you know that it's a fool who plays it cool
By making his world a little colder

Forum List

Back