What should happen to a man accused of beating his wife?

K9Buck

Platinum Member
Dec 25, 2009
So let's say that you have your own company. You find out that one of your employees has been accused by his wife of beating her. In fact, she has called the police several times with this allegation. The problem is, the police came and went on multiple occasions without making an arrest.

Does it matter that the police never made an arrest? Does it matter that the husband denies ever touching his wife? In today's climate, I think the employer has no choice but to fire the husband. That's not likely to improve their home situation, particularly if they have children, but at least outsiders won't be able to accuse the owner of "protecting" and/or "enabling" an "abuser". Right?

While it might be better for that troubled family to get counseling and to see if the marriage can be saved or, at least, help them to make a peaceful and amicable divorce so that the husband doesn't have to lose his job, so as not to eliminate what might be the family's only source of income. But again, in today's climate, that's a risky thing to do because much of the public will excoriate the owner if things go south.

I think the answer is that the owner, at the first claim of any domestic abuse, has to fire the employee and let that couple and their children figure it out on their own and with, possibly, little to no income. It's what the public demands.

Your thoughts?

I would want to know what the wife did to deserve the beating.It may be justified

Innocent until proven guilty, and, the National Anthem is a show of allegiance to this country. This kneeling bullshit was an idea given to them by George Soros. The NFL contributes to his organizations that promote the destruction of our country.

Innocent until proven guilty, and, the National Anthem is a show of allegiance to this country. This kneeling bullshit was an idea given to them by George Soros. The NFL contributes to his organizations that promote the destruction of our country.
This thread has nothing to do with kneeling in protest of police brutality and no mention of Soros.

So let's say that you have your own company. You find out that one of your employees has been accused by his wife of beating her. In fact, she has called the police several times with this allegation. The problem is, the police came and went on multiple occasions without making an arrest.

Does it matter that the police never made an arrest? Does it matter that the husband denies ever touching his wife? In today's climate, I think the employer has no choice but to fire the husband. That's not likely to improve their home situation, particularly if they have children, but at least outsiders won't be able to accuse the owner of "protecting" and/or "enabling" an "abuser". Right?

While it might be better for that troubled family to get counseling and to see if the marriage can be saved or, at least, help them to make a peaceful and amicable divorce so that the husband doesn't have to lose his job, so as not to eliminate what might be the family's only source of income. But again, in today's climate, that's a risky thing to do because much of the public will excoriate the owner if things go south.

I think the answer is that the owner, at the first claim of any domestic abuse, has to fire the employee and let that couple and their children figure it out on their own and with, possibly, little to no income. It's what the public demands.

Your thoughts?
Some big problems come with the Domestic abuse and I just heard a story from a Local cop. He arrived at the scene and found a female with red eyes and a bloody nose. She claimed her "old man" beat her up. Under state Law the cop had no choice but to arrest the guy. The Man claimed he was not home and had just got there before the Cops. He went to jail. My friend states that three or four hours later he was at a bar with a distrubance and saw the woman with her "boy friend" and they had gotten into a fight and she claimed he hit her. The boy friend claimed he went to the restroom and upon returning to the table she started a scene claiming the A and B. The Cop wised up and arrest the female and up taking her to jail got the husband releasted, and changed the female to False rpt of a crime. She had signed the report at a true statement.

Alliance for Justice: Best known for its activism vis a vis the appointment of federal judges, this group consistently depicts Republican judicial nominees as "extremists."
America Coming Together: Soros played a major role in creating this group, whose purpose was to coordinate and organize pro-Democrat voter-mobilization programs

He should be put in a jail cell with gay Bubba right after he OD'd on V!agra.

Your thoughts?
Unfortunately, the line of thinking that the abuser's career must be protected at all costs is mirrored by many individuals within our criminal justice and other systems. And it deserves more than just a passing comment in my opinion which I don't have tie to do at the moment but I hope to get back to your thread this evening.

There are police, courts, social agencies churches, friends, families, and neighbors who might be in a position to assess and deal with these accusations. It has nothing to do with his job performance. Until it does, the emp.oyer should stay out of it.

The company I worked for had zero tolerance for employee's "convicted" for domestic violence and would fire them.

Notice the operative word is "convicted", not alleged or arrested. ... :cool:

There are police, courts, social agencies churches, friends, families, and neighbors who might be in a position to assess and deal with these accusations. It has nothing to do with his job performance. Until it does, the emp.oyer should stay out of it.

But then the employer is accused of protecting and enabling an abuser and then people may boycott the business.

The company I worked for had zero tolerance for employee's "convicted" for domestic violence and would fire them.

Notice the operative word is "convicted", not alleged or arrested. ... :cool:

In the court of public opinion, an accusation equals a conviction. At least it seems that way.

Your thoughts?

Why does an employer need to fire his/her employee over allegations? An allegation is just that.

Why does an employer need to fire his/her employee over allegations? An allegation is just that.

To protect their business from being accused of protecting or enabling an alleged abuser.

I Allege that every poster on this thread kicks little puppies.........

Your all FIRED...................

I know a lot of people who can easily pass a multitude of background checks but when it comes to things like integrity, honesty and ethical behavior they leave a lot to be desired. Physically abusing, threatening, stalking or otherwise terrorizing a spouse, significant other or other family member isn't just bad or unethical, it's criminal so much that it has it's own set of laws (domestic violence) to address this scourge. If a person is abusing someone and lies about it, what makes you think they won't lie to their employer as well?

Depending on the job, these deficiences do impact the individual's ability to do their job, at least for me it would.

Forum List

Back