What Should Be The Punishment?

Having a 100 year old check for shoplifters is WAY beyond stupid!!!!!! Just what did they EXPECT to happen????? Even if the incident was just an accident Walmart knows damn well that many shoplifters bolt and make a run for it when confronted. She is lucky she didn't get killed and Walmart sued for wrongful death for pitting her in that position. Greeting is one thing..stopping potential felonies is a whole nother damn bag of stolen depends!!!

Walmart greeters are annoying as hell. I've only been in a Walmart a few times but they stopped me to check my bag and receipt before I could leave the store. I didn't like being made to feel like I'd done something wrong (and yes, that's exactly how it came across to me). Yeah it's the store's policy . . . I don't like it so I don't shop there.

As for the 37 year old woman, from the article she was clearly in the wrong and should be prosecuted accordingly.

MILWAUKEE -- A 100-year-old woman who works as a greeter at a Milwaukee Walmart said Monday she is bruised and sore but otherwise OK after a customer pushed her during a dispute Sunday.

Speelman was working at a Milwaukee Walmart when a 37-year-old woman pushed her after apparently becoming upset that Speelman was trying to verify that the woman had paid for water bottles that were inside her shopping cart, Milwaukee police spokeswoman Anne E. Schwartz said Monday.

Speelman said she hit her head and was taken by ambulance to Wheaton Franciscan-St. Francis Hospital, where she underwent a CT scan and was released.
9084422-large.jpg

Woman, 37, arrested after pushing, injuring 100-year-old Walmart greeter | cleveland.com

So what should happen to the woman who pushed her? Seems like fairly serious stuff to me...she easily could have killed her.

Your thoughts?

Depends. If she was actually walking out without paying, the prosecutor could make this a felony charge. If she had paid, and was just running late and annoyed, it is only a misdemeanor. Isn't that why they invented manslaughter, to get convictions in cases that are clearly not murder?

Forum List

Back