What Seems To Be The Problem Exactly???

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
Auto Dealers Paid for Just 2 Percent of 'Clunkers' Claims, Congressman Says
The federal government has only reimbursed auto dealers for 2 percent of the claims they've submitted through the popular "cash for clunkers" program, a Pennsylvania congressman said, calling on the Obama administration to help speed up the process.

Rep. Joe Sestak, D-Pa., called for "immediate action" to address the problem in a statement Sunday, after writing a letter to President Obama Saturday expressing his concerns.

In the letter, Sestak said only 2 percent of claims have been paid and that four of every five applications have been "rejected for minor oversight."

In recent days, auto dealers across the country have been complaining that the reimbursement payments are slow to process. And they said some of their applications were being rejected because of apparent procedural issues. The statistics Sestak cited suggest those complaints are not based on isolated incidents.

Auto Dealers Paid for Just 2 Percent of 'Clunkers' Claims, Congressman Says - Political News - FOXNews.com

I posted this a few days ago. I guess there figuring a way NOW how to pay for it!!!
Second stimulus .... :eek:

I posted this a few days ago. I guess there figuring a way NOW how to pay for it!!!
Second stimulus .... :eek:

I thought they critters voted another 2 billion for the I'll buy you a new car program. :tongue:

We can always hope that our Gov't is actually acting as good stewards of the public funds by vigorously examining claims for fraud and abuse. It seems pretty clear that the only interest of the car dealers is moving product.

this program totally pisses me off....they will find a way to fuck the car deales who will try to fuck the car buyers...

minor paperwork mistakes will fuck a lot of them...that is the fault of the car dealers not the government but i wonder how many people have taken total advantage of this program by turning in cars that werent legal under the program? will the dealers be held at fault for the minor oversights on that paperwork?

this program totally pisses me off....they will find a way to fuck the car deales who will try to fuck the car buyers...

minor paperwork mistakes will fuck a lot of them...that is the fault of the car dealers not the government but i wonder how many people have taken total advantage of this program by turning in cars that werent legal under the program? will the dealers be held at fault for the minor oversights on that paperwork?

With one exception, I felt that I had been fucked by every new car salesman I've ever purchased a car from. And I didn't even get kissed. I don't have a whole lot of sympathy for them.

If dealers accepted cars that weren't legal under the program, they shouldn't be reimbursed.

As for being totally pissed, you're only hurting yourself. Try the AA prayer.

If you think the dealers are taking in cars that aren't legitimate you're crazy. They have no reason to and given the exceedingly broad range of possibilities here Almost anything will qualify.

If you think the dealers are taking in cars that aren't legitimate you're crazy. They have no reason to and given the exceedingly broad range of possibilities here Almost anything will qualify.

that's their game.. you've seen it.. Blame the victim! then they do a reach around. :lol:

We can always hope that our Gov't is actually acting as good stewards of the public funds by vigorously examining claims for fraud and abuse. It seems pretty clear that the only interest of the car dealers is moving product.

I know a few people who have taken advantage of the Cash for Clunkers program, and the dealers have been very strict about the guidelines for vehicles that they will accept, at least from the ones I have heard about. Dealers have a legitimate beef. At the same time, when programs are instituted quickly, it takes some time to get the processing in place. Government reimbursement or payment for non-entitlement programs tends to be slow anyway at all levels of government. With a brand new and temporary program this is not surprising at all. However, someone needs to get the ball rolling here.

The government is always slow to respond because they have no incentive to respond quickly. It makes one wonder about the mental state of anyone who votes for candidates who seek to increase the size of government... :eusa_whistle:

But while Congress just expanded the $1 billion program by $2 billion, the Department of Transportation says a staff of just 225 people is reviewing those claims.

Sestak wrote that he thinks 1,000 processors should be assigned to handle the claims. Sestak, who is challenging Sen. Arlen Specter in his state's Senate primary, wrote that auto dealers have contacted him to express their concern and ask for help.

Increase the staff 444%. If anyone doesn't read the writing on the wall...

Forum List

Back