What scares right wingers to the bone? Freedom.

It sounds terrible. Can't imagine an official person asking for someones death, not even as a joke or something. I mean those things DO happen. For real.

But this behaviour isn't restricted to liberals is it?

Speaking of radio talk show hosts

"Why should Blacks be heard? They're 12% of the population.
Who the hell cares."

"One of the things I want to do before I die is conduct the homeless olympics...the 10-metre shopping cart relay, the dumpster dig, and the hop, skip, and trip."

"I don't give a hoot that [Columbus] gave some Indians a disease that they didn't have immunity against" (Ought to Be, p. 45).

"Exactly. Exactly my point! This is no different than what
happens at the Skull and Bones initiation and we're going
to ruin people's lives over it and we're going to hamper
our military effort, and then we are going to really
hammer them because they had a good time. You know, these
people are being fired at every day. I'm talking about
people having a good time, these people, you ever heard
of emotional release? You of heard of need to blow some
steam off?" Re: Abu ghraib abuses

"Kurt Cobain died of a drug-induced suicide, I just -- he was a worthless shred of human debris."

"Just another dead doper. And a dirt bag." -- on the occasion of Jerry Garcia's death.

Unlike my liberal counterparts, I do not hate them

Then why can you never shut up about them?

Can you recall how media reported during the last democratic leader?
Can it be measured...? And I only know about the Lewinsky stuff.

I have a feeling that media usually take the role of against whom is in power and for underdogs of any kind.

Latley media has started to keep an eye on media, which is great.

By the way, does media and politicians have mutual economical interests? Like in Italy where Berlusconi owned most newspapers and TV channels?

With Clinton, the media circled the wagons and instead of actually reporting the news and digging for the facts - they attacked Repblicans and acted as defense lawyers

They ignored as much as they could about the Clintons and his abuse of power

Who the hell cares."

"One of the things I want to do before I die is conduct the homeless olympics...the 10-metre shopping cart relay, the dumpster dig, and the hop, skip, and trip."

"I don't give a hoot that [Columbus] gave some Indians a disease that they didn't have immunity against" (Ought to Be, p. 45).

"Kurt Cobain died of a drug-induced suicide, I just -- he was a worthless shred of human debris."

"Just another dead doper. And a dirt bag." -- on the occasion of Jerry Garcia's death.

My pointing out liberal love and tolerance seems to getting under your skin

I must be doing a good job

Who the hell cares."

I get the picture.
I think you are used to a more harsh language really. Aren't alot of this said in some sort of humorus ways too? (Bad taste anyway)

We have had our foreign minister killed a few years back and I can imagine someone making a political joke about her. She was liberal and she was killed in a high-class shopping mall. I don't know. But I can't imagine someone saying that it was a good thing - from a political standpoint.

With Clinton, the media circled the wagons and instead of actually reporting the news and digging for the facts - they attacked Repblicans and acted as defense lawyers

They ignored as much as they could about the Clintons and his abuse of power

I don't think you are totally objective about this, but it surley sounds like a bias. Was Clinton "caught" by media? I mean, would you think the bias is to the extent of NOT telling news because it's "bad" news? (And actually failing the objective of being a reporter - the thing they always speak themselves warm about)

I have a distrust in media too, but sometimes (at least here) I think the bias isn't exactly political but economical. They focus so hard to sell that the quality, insight and fact checks are compromised.

I don't think you are totally objective about this, but it surley sounds like a bias. Was Clinton "caught" by media? I mean, would you think the bias is to the extent of NOT telling news because it's "bad" news? (And actually failing the objective of being a reporter - the thing they always speak themselves warm about)

I have a distrust in media too, but sometimes (at least here) I think the bias isn't exactly political but economical. They focus so hard to sell that the quality, insight and fact checks are compromised.

Newsweek knew about Monica months before the 96 election - they sat on the story.

Fast forward in the 2004 election and CBA runs a fake story about Pres Bush and used forged documents as their proof.

Newsweek knew about Monica months before the 96 election - they sat on the story.

Fast forward in the 2004 election and CBA runs a fake story about Pres Bush and used forged documents as their proof.

Monica thing, well I don't know if that is of anyones concern at all (private stuff) you might be a better judge of that. But if it IS news and reporters hold that information they are not doing their job. Or even worse, they are traitors of their own kind. They have the strongest protection there is to publish everything, that right isn't a just a right - it is an obligation. Not following up on that is the same as *** you know, on that very right.

Fake story. Media might sometimes be wrong, I guess it is a risc we need to take with information. But knowingly publish something false is... well criminal. What happened after that? Did justice intervien?

Monica thing, well I don't know if that is of anyones concern at all (private stuff) you might be a better judge of that. But if it IS news and reporters hold that information they are not doing their job. Or even worse, they are traitors of their own kind. They have the strongest protection there is to publish everything, that right isn't a just a right - it is an obligation. Not following up on that is the same as *** you know, on that very right.

Fake story. Media might sometimes be wrong, I guess it is a risc we need to take with information. But knowingly publish something false is... well criminal. What happened after that? Did justice intervien?

The Monica "thing" was about lying to a grand jury and how Clinton had Monica sign a false statement thay both of them KNEW was false

Evem after it was proven the documents were fake, Rather still stood by the story

Today the liberal media no longer reports what happened. They report what they want to happen. The rabid hatred of Pres Bush is so thick, the liberal media no longer gives the illusion of objectivity - their bias is out in the open

The Monica "thing" was about lying to a grand jury and how Clinton had Monica sign a false statement thay both of them KNEW was false

Evem after it was proven the documents were fake, Rather still stood by the story

Today the liberal media no longer reports what happened. They report what they want to happen. The rabid hatred of Pres Bush is so thick, the liberal media no longer gives the illusion of objectivity - their bias is out in the open

As I said, you would know better about Monica stuff. Here it emerged like a total embarressment. But honestly I didn't follow it much back then.

The reporter stood by the story? Didn't other media sorces rip him to shreds?

Well, I accept the bias you describe here. Not only because you say it, but also because no one has said anything else here. I also belive this bias goes in the other direction too, even if those sources are fewer. You have a really bad media culture right now. We have too, but people here don't pick news sources from an political stand point as much as before. So media is more "bad" generally - not in only political context.

Worth mentioning: left-bias IS a tradition here that slowly is disappering. Our government owned televised and radio news was populated by communists from the very beginning.

As I said, you would know better about Monica stuff. Here it emerged like a total embarressment. But honestly I didn't follow it much back then.

The reporter stood by the story? Didn't other media sorces rip him to shreds?

Well, I accept the bias you describe here. Not only because you say it, but also because no one has said anything else here. I also belive this bias goes in the other direction too, even if those sources are fewer. You have a really bad media culture right now. We have too, but people here don't pick news sources from an political stand point as much as before. So media is more "bad" generally - not in only political context.

Worth mentioning: left-bias IS a tradition here that slowly is disappering. Our government owned televised and radio news was populated by communists from the very beginning.

24 hours after Dan Rather went on the air, the cracks began to appear in his evidence. Days after the story, it was clear the documents were fakes, but Rather went on the air every night ignoring the evidence

After about a week, he finally reported the evidence but maintained he still believed the story was correct even though there may be a "problem" with the documents

The main evidence against the documents was they were supposed to be from the 1970's and the impression of the typewriter keys did not exist in the 70's. It has been determined the documents were created on an modern day computer and Rathers's source was a liberal activist who had it in for the Bush family

A great source for the Bush hating liberal media. The real objective of Rather and CBA news was to tilt the election to Kerry, and it blew up in their faces

The bias of the media is getting worse here in the US, as the liberal media becomes more bias and more rabid in their distain for conservatives

24 hours after Dan Rather went on the air, the cracks began to appear in his evidence. Days after the story, it was clear the documents were fakes, but Rather went on the air every night ignoring the evidence

After about a week, he finally reported the evidence but maintained he still believed the story was correct even though there may be a "problem" with the documents

The main evidence against the documents was they were supposed to be from the 1970's and the impression of the typewriter keys did not exist in the 70's. It has been determined the documents were created on an modern day computer and Rathers's source was a liberal activist who had it in for the Bush family

A great source for the Bush hating liberal media. The real objective of Rather and CBA news was to tilt the election to Kerry, and it blew up in their faces

The bias of the media is getting worse here in the US, as the liberal media becomes more bias and more rabid in their distain for conservatives

That is a nasty story, for real.

The media situation, it is hard to remedy. It takes time to build a credible news source. I hope it will emerge something though. Not anti-liberal since it would only make matters worse. But WHY does CBA want to tilt the election? In what purpose?

Media here was accused of tilting the last three election, both to right (who won last) and left (before). It is because they usually focus on the strong. Late in the election period the leading party faces a strong media opposition. The right-party-coallition was "behind" for a while. That might have made the "turn" for them. But this is ugly:
Right after the victory media slaughtered two party-members. Only "because" it seems. A debate then broke out about medias behaviour, which is a positive thing. Media does take responsability after all (since they make the debate possible).

That is a nasty story, for real.

The media situation, it is hard to remedy. It takes time to build a credible news source. I hope it will emerge something though. Not anti-liberal since it would only make matters worse. But WHY does CBA want to tilt the election? In what purpose?

Media here was accused of tilting the last three election, both to right (who won last) and left (before). It is because they usually focus on the strong. Late in the election period the leading party faces a strong media opposition. The right-party-coallition was "behind" for a while. That might have made the "turn" for them. But this is ugly:
Right after the victory media slaughtered two party-members. Only "because" it seems. A debate then broke out about medias behaviour, which is a positive thing. Media does take responsability after all (since they make the debate possible).

Dems and the liberal media see their grip starting to slip away. With the growth of Fix news and talk radio, the liberal media can no longer slant the stories the way they once could

This is why the Dems want to bring back the Fairness Doctrine. They cannot compete with Fox News, Rush, Sean, and other conservative voices - so they want to silence them

As far as CBS wanting to tilt the election to Kerry - the liberal media wanted Kerry to win

Terry Moran (ABC WH reporter) admited in a radio interview last year "there are some pretty big fish in the White House Press Corps that hate Pres Bush"

Dems and the liberal media see their grip starting to slip away. With the growth of Fix news and talk radio, the liberal media can no longer slant the stories the way they once could

This is why the Dems want to bring back the Fairness Doctrine. They cannot compete with Fox News, Rush, Sean, and other conservative voices - so they want to silence them

As far as CBS wanting to tilt the election to Kerry - the liberal media wanted Kerry to win

Terry Moran (ABC WH reporter) admited in a radio interview last year "there are some pretty big fish in the White House Press Corps that hate Pres Bush"

I will try to follow the progression.

Here are stories you will not see on the liberal media:

Did John Edwards Vote to Authorize the Iraq war for Political Reasons?

Veteran Democratic consultant Bob Shrum, who advised both John Edwards and John Kerry during the 2004 Presidential cycle, says Edwards was disinclined to vote to authorize the Iraq war, but was talked into doing so for political reasons.

In a book to be published in June, parts of which were obtained by the AP, Shrum describes a meeting in Edwards' Washington living room in the fall of 2002. He says the Senator was leaning against voting to authorize force in Iraq and that his wife was strongly against it.

But Shrum says he and other advisers argued that Edwards, as a freshman Senator, would appear unserious about national security, if he voted no and that Edwards reluctantly went along.

Edwards says he has "no idea" what Shrum is talking about and that his vote was a mistake but not a political calculation.

Weak Reid?

And speaking of political calculation, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid is described as reacting to an online poll by a left-wing Web site when he gave in to pressure to agree to canceling the Democratic party debate co-sponsored by FOX News.

The Politico newspaper says it all happened during a conference call last Thursday between Reid and a group of liberal bloggers. Reid had previously called the planned FOX debate "great news," but the bloggers were strongly opposed and one of them told him that his straw poll standing on the far-left Daily Kos Web site had dropped from 80 percent to the forties.

Reid then declared that, "I don't like Fox News," and claimed he had nothing to do with the original decision. By that night, the debate was cancelled.

Bracing for '08 Bid

Rudy Giuliani has given up some of his business connections as he mounts a presidential campaign but he remains a partner in the growing law firm of Bracewell and Giuliani.

One of the firm's clients is CITGO, the oil company wholly owned by the government of Hugo Chavez's Venezuela. The Giuliani firm represents CITGO in Texas.

The Giuliani campaign says the former New York Mayor regards Chavez as "no friend of the United States," but did not answer a question from Bloomberg News about whether Giuliani knew of the CITGO work, and whether he considered it appropriate
Hot Air Hog

Remember that story about the massive energy consumption by Al Gore's Tennesse mansion. It came to light through a tiny free-market think tank called the Tennesse Center for Policy Research, and spread quickly through the Internet to the national media.

But it now turns out that the esteemed Nashville Tennessean, perhaps the state's most influential paper, had been sitting on the story for a month. Tennessean editor Mark Silverman said the story "got put on the back burner simply because people were working on other stories."

—FOX News Channel's Martin Hill contributed to this report.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,258814,00.html

Forum List

Back