What role does Affirmative Action play in the events playing out in Ferguson?

[

Do not believe

Yeah, anything that challenges your worldview.

Hey, what's this "Governmetn department" that takes care of these things, anyway? Is it Sarah Palin's "Department of Law"?

Harassment

We had a supervisor at this same company who tried to file a sexual discrimination case with EEOC because she got demoted and fired. After 3 years of litigation, they found she had been illegally fired... and fined the company all of $300.00.

Sorry, man, nobody shits their pants if EEOC shows up in the Lobby. Now, the IRS and OSHA, that's another story.

[

Do not believe

Yeah, anything that challenges your worldview.

Hey, what's this "Governmetn department" that takes care of these things, anyway? Is it Sarah Palin's "Department of Law"?

Harassment

We had a supervisor at this same company who tried to file a sexual discrimination case with EEOC because she got demoted and fired. After 3 years of litigation, they found she had been illegally fired... and fined the company all of $300.00.

Sorry, man, nobody shits their pants if EEOC shows up in the Lobby. Now, the IRS and OSHA, that's another story.

Didn't happen.

Oooookay, you keep telling yourself that.

I was there and it did.

The only bad thing was, I didn't take THAT oppurtunity to realize the Capitalist system was all bullshit and cure myself of Republican stupidity. I just chalked it up as "that really bad one". The problem is, they are all that "Really bad one".

[

On the contrary, Joe...my industry is "notorious" for paying quite well. If you're a bartender at a top club you're walking out at the end of the night with a lot of cash in your pocket. I was a history major in college but I put myself through school working as a bartender. It was the highest paying job around for the hours worked by far!

Hmmm... do you want to make anything else up to prove your point?

I worked at Lily's in Faneuil Hall as a bartender back in the 70's. Ask anyone from Boston if that would have been a good gig, Joe! I made HUGE money at that job.

Okay, that was back in the 1970's when "Minimum Wage" was actually a living wage.

Not impressed.

Do you have any experience from THIS CENTURY?

I ran clubs in Vegas, Aspen, Boston, Myrtle Beach and Wilmington. All this century...all of which you'd probably have had to wait in line to get into. :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Sounds like you had trouble holding down a job.

This is another example of the decline of Marriage as a desirable social institution. Children of unwed or divorced parents are much more likely to have emotional problems for which our society pays the price.
In a few years we'll be trying to deal with the dysfunctional children raised in gay households. Added to the other dysfunctions we will have a huge price to pay.

Forum List

Back