What role does Affirmative Action play in the events playing out in Ferguson?

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by Oldstyle, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Oldstyle

Oldstyle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,710
    If someone "had the goods" on someone for sexual harassment then they should bring charges against them in court.

2. JoeB131

JoeB131 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,287
    Here's the problem, guy. Most people don't go to court. Going to court is actually a very expensive process and usually kills future job prospects.

3. JoeB131

JoeB131 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,287
    Didn't say they did. I said that theft is usually a symptom of a larger problem. If you have 1/4 of your employees stealing from you, it means the other 75% know what's going on and don't say anything.

4. Oldstyle

Oldstyle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,710
    You missed the gist of what I was getting at, Joe! The 25% that my former employer was talking about that would always steal are the ones that you need to get rid of. They are the ones that you don't want to hire in the first place but if they DO get hired you need to find out who they are and fire them because they will destroy your business.

These are the people that will steal no matter how well they are treated by management because it's who they are. They will always come up with a justification as to why they were "owed" that money. They're the people that think the owner makes more money than he or she "deserves"! They're the people that think the owner "deserves" to be stolen from if they aren't smart enough to catch them! They're the people who think they "deserve" the money they steal because they have to deal with demanding customers! They are the people who think they are "owed" that money because other people have things that they don't!

The 50% he spoke of are the "sheep" that go along with what they see others doing. If what they observe is people stealing without repercussions then they will also start to steal. If they observe people acting properly then they will also act properly.

Then there are the 25% of the people out there that would never steal no matter what! They are the rare people that find a wallet full of cash and return it. They are the rare people that you can trust to do the right thing simply because it's the right thing and not because they are worried they might get caught. Those were the people that my old boss wanted me to identify and reward! Those were the people that got bonuses in their paycheck. Those were the people who didn't get laid off during off season when someone had to go. Those are also the people that generally go above and beyond when it comes to performing their jobs. They are the people that build your business.

I was told this theory almost forty years ago, Joe and it's as valid today as it was back then if not more!

5. SmarterThanTheAverageBear

SmarterThanTheAverageBear BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,600

actually you don't take someone to court when they sexually harass you, you file a complaint with the government and they take care of it.

Anyone who "has the goods on someone" and doesn't do anything about it, is a damned fool..

6. JoeB131

JoeB131 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,287
    Right. You know, sounds great on paper, in the real world with real people, not so much.

Real world, management confronted this clown, and he got all apologetic and she felt sorry for him. Then the petty little shit started after that.

7. SmarterThanTheAverageBear

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,600

Do not believe

8. JoeB131

JoeB131 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,287
    90% of people I know would return a wallet if they found it. the two times I misplaced things from my wallet, they were returned. (on time it was my Cell phone. The cleaner called to tell me I left it in my pocket... and got the phone I left in my pocket. they held onto it until I came back for it the next day. I wasn't even aware it was missing.)

But yeah, fuck them working people, 75% of them are evil. Vote Republican!!!

9. JoeB131

JoeB131 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,287
    Yeah, anything that challenges your worldview.

Hey, what's this "Governmetn department" that takes care of these things, anyway? Is it Sarah Palin's "Department of Law"?

10. SmarterThanTheAverageBear

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,600
    Harassment