What Retaliation For Soleimani's Death Would Justify War With Iran?

State sponsored (or state ordered) assassinations don't make the world a safer place. They do the opposite.
It wasn't an assassination. Please educate yourself.
Yes it was. Please use a dictionary.

A dictionary doesn't count in US law, Us law counts.

Fact Sheet: Designation of Iranian Entities and Individuals for Proliferation Activities and Support for Terrorism

He was on the known terrorist list

We have a resolution that terrorists that are an immanent threat can be taken out.

We also have a resolution that details what an assassination is and isn't

Executive Order 11905 | United States history

We have been taking out terrorists targets for many many years. Obama used over 3,000 drone hits to accomplish the same thing - so I guess he assassinated people too?

Take your emotions out of it. This was a justified, legal threat elimination.
What does the word imminent mean, to you?

Did the assassination stop the imminent attack on us?

What proof do you have that the threat was imminent, and the threat was stopped in its tracks by the killing if him?

I don't need any proof. I actually have some modicum of trust in our government in this type of situation. If we find out later that there wasn't, it should be dealt with at that time.

He just orchestrated an attack against our embassy. Good enough for me at this time.
Without an imminent threat that would be stopped in its track, it was illegal.

I used to trust our gvt, until this president who wakes up and lies before his feet hit the ground....a peril he faces from being a chronic liar, is those who have not been blinded by his brainwashing through his repetitive talking, simply do not trust his word or the word of his lying minions who surround him, like Pompeo, a proven liar....

A chronic liar can not be trusted... the wise man said.

And that is what we face.... a bed the President made, for himself....

It wasn't an assassination. Please educate yourself.
Yes it was. Please use a dictionary.

A dictionary doesn't count in US law, Us law counts.

Fact Sheet: Designation of Iranian Entities and Individuals for Proliferation Activities and Support for Terrorism

He was on the known terrorist list

We have a resolution that terrorists that are an immanent threat can be taken out.

We also have a resolution that details what an assassination is and isn't

Executive Order 11905 | United States history

We have been taking out terrorists targets for many many years. Obama used over 3,000 drone hits to accomplish the same thing - so I guess he assassinated people too?

Take your emotions out of it. This was a justified, legal threat elimination.
What does the word imminent mean, to you?

Did the assassination stop the imminent attack on us?

What proof do you have that the threat was imminent, and the threat was stopped in its tracks by the killing if him?

I don't need any proof. I actually have some modicum of trust in our government in this type of situation. If we find out later that there wasn't, it should be dealt with at that time.

He just orchestrated an attack against our embassy. Good enough for me at this time.
Without an imminent threat that would be stopped in its track, it was illegal.

I used to trust our gvt, until this president who wakes up and lies before his feet hit the ground....a peril he faces from being a chronic liar, is those who have not been blinded by his brainwashing through his repetitive talking, simply do not trust his word or the word of his lying minions who surround him, like Pompeo, a proven liar....

A chronic liar can not be trusted... the wise man said.

And that is what we face.... a bed the President made, for himself....

And Obama and every president since the union began has lied. They all lie, all the time. That doesn't mean the administration and our Military can't be trusted.

Ummmmm, he was a enemy general, in a theater of war.....the fact that obummer kissed his ass only shows what a useless piece of shit obummer was, this dude was a legit target, just like Yamomoto during WWII.

We haven't declared war on Iran.

They declared war on us long ago.
Really? When was that?

When they took over the US embassy and held the hostages for 444 days. Look up international law. Attacking an embassy is tantamount to a Declaration of war.
I see..so your contention is that we have been at war with Iran since 1979?? Not that I'm shedding a tear over our assassination..and that is what it was, despite your desire to play with the semantics....But..among other things..when the hostages were taken..it was not by the formal Govt. of Iran, at the time. Also, if it was a declaration of war..it was settled by the Algiers accords

Algiers Accords - Wikipedia

Iran hostage crisis - Wikipedia

I've no problem with taking out Maj. Gen. Qassim Suleiman---just a hunch that playing the shadow game tit for tat..is not our strong point---I would rather we followed by a massive Desert Shield attack..taking out every stationary Iraqi military target..including C&C functions

Just let me fill my tank first..LOL!

The formal government of iran was running the show. They were using a proxy, go figure, that's what they do, but you have to bury your head deep in the sand to think otherwise

I see lot of confusion and short sightedness about Iran and the middle east in general on this board.

All I can say is trump helped Iran by killing Suleimani. The protests in Iraq were mainly against the influence of Iran...now after the airstrike that killed 25 and the killing of souleimani, trump simply gave a lifeline to Iran's influence in Iraq.
I told the fools in this board what's gonna happen. Read above.

Also for those that say , oh fuck the world, we will pull our troops and stop helping them. Sweet....be ready to loose influence and no one buys anything from The US because we have beef with them. And tell him how the economy will look like. China and other countries are itching to replace the US.

An interesting point:

Iran is flexing for the world right now. They have vowed to attack military installations (because, hey, the new caliphate doesn't have to resort to targeting civilians, right?).

This is somewhat comforting.

An interesting point:

Iran is flexing for the world right now. They have vowed to attack military installations (because, hey, the new caliphate doesn't have to resort to targeting civilians, right?).

This is somewhat comforting.

What is somewhat less comforting is that Trump said that he would attack cultural sites. Only problem with that is that it's not only against the Geneva Conventions, but it is also against American law.

Remember when ISIL was going into cities and destroying historical artifacts and museums and we all thought that was wrong? Trump has basically said he wants to do the same thing.

And..................if Trump keeps up with his rhetoric, some terrorist might decide that one of his properties overseas is a suitable target.

What is somewhat less comforting is that Trump said that he would attack cultural sites.
And now the mentally ill child president has walked that back. No doubt, this is because someone he listens to told him that it makes him look bad.

I would REALLY like to know who this person is.

Forum List

Back