What resrictions should be placed on the right to bear arms?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I would favor restricting private ownership of nuclear weapons and aircraft carriers. If you own a tank, that should be registered with the DMV.

I would change the whole thing around, to the point that in a time of war between the US and any other country, or in a certain category of threat to terrorism, the people who are registered owners of certain types of weapons mentioned before (machine guns, tanks, nukes) should be allowed to keep them on open display, as long as they have a triple lock system and are not loaded at the time that they are on display, with certain battle time exceptions.
This should also be applied to battle against domestic terrorism, and government forces, when their own use of force is exceedingly too high for the task at hand.

There is no better system of checks and balances when the people and the government are armed equally.

I think I would favor restricting private ownership of nuclear weapons and aircraft carriers. If you own a tank, that should be registered with the DMV.

Here in Arizona one has to get an "off-road permit" as well from the Game and Fish Dept. This permit is required for every vehicle operating on unpaved forest roads and trails, even if you make your own tank trail. I think in some counties another permit is required to dig the tank in from ADEQ. Depends on how much dirt you move and how much dust you make.

☭proletarian☭;1852088 said:
Ever heard of Mogdishu? Enough angry fuckers with Aks and RPGs can defeat the entire American military machine.

In a battle? Sure. Long term? No way.

Also, we intentionally played with a soft hand in the Islamic world for the whole hearts and minds bit.

There are two ways to fight an insurgency. Soft hand or Ghengis Khan. We have to go soft hand in Iraq/Afghanistan because we still want to maintain some sort of moral high ground and the rest of the world is watching.

When the war is on our own soil and for all the marbles? Forget it. It will be brutal and ruthless.

Just as it was in 1861. There were insurgents in that war too. They just weren't important in the long run.

I suppose you think Sherman's "March To The Sea" was an athletic exercise.

@pro - You forgot about the rest of the statement. He is quite right. The only times when the American military leaves is on a political decision to save face or we have not fully committed to a battle. If it is all or nothing within our own borders there is no chance of a civilan victory over the military. The weapon systems that the military has at its disposal are insane. We can put an aircraft in the air that can strike almost 200 separate targets anywhere in the world right on top of any target without the need to refuel and flying at a height that cannot be shot down equipped with amazingly accurate surveillance equipment. This is with DUMB fire weapons. Smart weapons are another story all together. If you have seen footage of what a 130 gunship can do I can’t see what chances a civilian force would have.

The insurgency won in Iraq? Did I miss something?

Thank you. That was exactly the point I was trying to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back