What represents civilization

In this country, the government is made up of people ELECTED into office. The right is so terrified of government because they work overtime to frighten each other. Some things the government has to do because the pitchfork crowd up the block just can't.
Like the military.
Or the Katrina clean-up (which Republicans failed at miserably).

I don't know what you are so afraid of. You didn't link any studies.

I know I worked at the Jane Addams center for 15 years as a volunteer until I got too old. Everyone I worked with was a liberal. Our president worked with the community.

The Lt. Governor of South Carolina is hardly an unknown. So go ahead and babble about all the "help" conservatives give. I only know their health-care plan is "die quickly" and they want the "occult" to be taught as an alternative to science. I have no respect for this current batch of conservatives. They are NOT the "party of ideas".

The study has been linked on this board over a dozen times. I really don't see the point in pointing out a study that I know you are already aware of. But if you'd really like Ill look it up in the search.

I really wish you weren't so predictable and actually answered my questions.

Judeo-Christian belief system
Rule of law
Free will
Individual freedom and responsibility
Education
Expansion of freedoms, not limits

Yes, worth defending.

western thought was started by people who explicitly rejected religions stronghold on progression of thought and human rights. the morals and rules you see today that intersect with jeudo-christian beliefes were around long before those religions.

The U.S. of A. is a nation of civilized culture well worth defending . One thing I personally hate is when people state that we are a nation of immigrants , in an apparent attempt to rationalize immigration of people to America , regardless of the person's cultural background . Our culture is worth defending , that includes preventing the immigration of people whose culture is to far different than our own . Stoning people to death is fine in the Middle East , if that's what they want to do , go for it . But , it is uncivilized from an American point of view . Our death penalty is reserved for those who commit the most heinous of crimes , not adultery . And even then , the criminals are put down humanely . I don't want anything in my country that represents an uncivilized culture such as those found in many Islamic countries . I don't want to see a Mosque , I don't want to see head scarfs , or men wearing robes . That is all identified with a backwards , uncivilized culture ,if they want those things , stay home . If on the other hand somebody recognizes our culture for what it is ,and wishes to be a part of that , I wouldn't mind them emigrating to our nation . We've got to realize though , the lifeboat is almost full .

The U.S. of A. is a nation of civilized culture well worth defending . One thing I personally hate is when people state that we are a nation of immigrants , in an apparent attempt to rationalize immigration of people to America , regardless of the person's cultural background . Our culture is worth defending , that includes preventing the immigration of people whose culture is to far different than our own . Stoning people to death is fine in the Middle East , if that's what they want to do , go for it . But , it is uncivilized from an American point of view . Our death penalty is reserved for those who commit the most heinous of crimes , not adultery . And even then , the criminals are put down humanely . I don't want anything in my country that represents an uncivilized culture such as those found in many Islamic countries . I don't want to see a Mosque , I don't want to see head scarfs , or men wearing robes . That is all identified with a backwards , uncivilized culture ,if they want those things , stay home . If on the other hand somebody recognizes our culture for what it is ,and wishes to be a part of that , I wouldn't mind them emigrating to our nation . We've got to realize though , the lifeboat is almost full .

id take a non-extremist mosque over a backwoods baptist/other crazy group christian church

I don't want to see a Mosque , I don't want to see head scarfs , or men wearing robes . That is all identified with a backwards , uncivilized culture ,if they want those things , stay home .

Wow, that's the CRADLE of human civilization you're talking about there (Africa too). You do know that Jesus was born in the middle east, huh? He was probably a brown person who wore robes and turbans. Idiot. And I think that fundamentalist christians are just as dangerous as suicide bombers, if not more so.

Last edited:
At one time , from what I hear , the Middle East was considered an advanced civilization , aparrently they've devolved . The original question is what makes up western thought and is it worth defending ? Culture and thought are closely related . Islamic culture is far different than western culture . Muslims have their own countries in which to practice their culture free from controversy . They don't need to bring it here , not to MY country .

Forum List

Back