Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Hindu

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Atheist

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • any I forgot

Votes: 6 24.0%

• Total voters
raised a mix of Southern Baptist (mother's side) and Methodist-Episcopalian (father's side) but don't really like any 'organized' religion as I see too much infighting over petty issues within the churches.

FYI - There are some of us out there that claim Chritianity, but do not affiliate it wih "Catholocism (sp)", "Protestant" etc. Probably moot, but a point I felt compelled to make.

Originally posted by HGROKIT
FYI - There are some of us out there that claim Chritianity, but do not affiliate it wih "Catholocism (sp)", "Protestant" etc. Probably moot, but a point I felt compelled to make.

Agreed. I am not there.

My Mom was a Lutheran.

On my Dad's side,I come from a long line of liberal Irish Catholic Democrats. My older brother and I are the black sheep of the family (LOL).

I don't belong to any church in particular - I'm just a Bible believer. You know, one of those dangerous, intolerant members of the Radical Christian Right.

Originally posted by acludem
I'm a Soka Gakkai Buddhist. You can learn about us at www.sgi.org

acludem

I studied Buddhism in great detail while getting my degree.
I also travelled to Thailand for nearly 6 months where I had the wonderful opportunity to learn from some wonderful people; monks and the like. I even got to study for 4 weeks with Jhapu.

The temples honoring Buddha and Quan Yin there were incredible!

Originally posted by dilloduck
SO overcome by it all---------agnostic

Come on, you can do it, go for it all. Atheism.

Not to just pick on you, but either you believe or you don't. You're a theist or you're atheist. Sure, I concede the statistical possibility of just about anything, until it is unequivocally proven wrong, but it doesn't follow that I believe in just about anything.

Maybe I'm splitting hairs.

Just a non-denominal Christian who lives by the bible. Don't really belong to a church any more, too many open minds in the congregation...
Tolerance over Justice isn't any way to live.

Originally posted by Zhukov
Come on, you can do it, go for it all. Atheism.

Not to just pick on you, but either you believe or you don't. You're a theist or you're atheist. Sure, I concede the statistical possibility of just about anything, until it is unequivocally proven wrong, but it doesn't follow that I believe in just about anything.

Maybe I'm splitting hairs.
[/QUOTE

I believe that human effort and reason to define a God and his "will" to be futile and leads to prideful claims and dissentions. It has divided people throughout human history and has indeed been the cause of wars. I came to this conclusion after much study and obsevation. It is not necessary to chose between god or no god. One can simply live according to a personal code of right and wrong. If there is a god with absolute power and control then I will naturally be subject to the consequences. If there is no god, I'll be in the same boat everyone else is. Succumbing to one belief system to save ones soul assumes that the individual is certain that he knows the unknowable and makes it necessary to judge other people as being right or wrong.
Until I "know it all " I feel unqualified to judge.

that is making the assumption that those that believe in one religion over another judges. you, therefore, are making a judgement.

Forum List

Back