what recent crime just pisses you off?

Speaking of horrible crimes, any word on the missing 7 year old boy last seen by his step mom?

All of mans inhumanity to man is awful, but the MOST tragic is crimes commited against children.

hubby filed for divorce...he and bio mom ask stepmother to co operate with the police...the police have not named her a suspect or person of interest...she took lie detector tests....no sign of the boy

Mary Winkler served 67 days? Unbelievable. As FA_Q2 mentioned, crimes against children really upset me too, and he rightly noted that they are often not punished judiciously. These are two NJ cases that really pissed me off:

Melissa Drexler (born 1978, a.k.a. "The Prom Mom", as labeled by the American media), gained infamy for delivering a baby in a restroom stall at her high school prom and putting the body in the trash before returning to the dance. She pleaded guilty to aggravated manslaughter, and was sentenced to fifteen years of imprisonment.[1] After serving nearly 37 months, she was released on parole.[2]

Drexler attended Lacey Township High School in Lanoka Harbor, New Jersey. Over the course of nearly nine months she kept her pregnancy secret from the baby's father, her parents and classmates. Five foot seven inches tall, and weighing 60 kg (130 pounds), she apparently showed no signs of her pregnancy.[3]

On June 6, 1997, Drexler gave birth in a toilet stall at her senior prom. She then retrieved the baby from the toilet bowl,[4] cut the umbilical cord on the serrated edge of a sanitary napkin dispenser,[5] wrapped the baby in several garbage sacks, and deposited the bundle in a trash can. She then returned to the dance floor.

The baby was discovered by a janitor who responded to reports of blood in the restroom and who became suspicious of the weight of the trash bag.[6] Emergency workers attempted to resuscitate the baby for two hours.

Originally charged with murder, Drexler pleaded guilty to aggravated manslaughter on August 20, 1998,[1] and Judge John A. Ricciardi sentenced her to 15 years in prison, the maximum penalty. On November 26, 2001, she was released on parole after serving a little over three years.[2]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melissa_Drexler

A New Jersey teenager who pleaded guilty to drowning her newborn in a toilet tank has been sentenced to 522 days in the Cumberland County Detention Center.

Sixteen-year-old Isamar Sanchez of Bridgeton admitted she gave birth to a baby boy and killed him in a bathroom stall at the Cumberland County Fairgrounds in May 2008. Sanchez was 14 at the time.
Cumberland County Prosecutor Ronald Casella initially sought to have Sanchez, who was already the mother of one child, tried as an adult.

Cumberland County teen sentenced to 522 days for drowning newborn in toilet | NJ.com

Babies have little value here in the garden state. I'm sure there are many on this board that would argue that these sentences are appropriate and even discussing them is "faux outrage". Good thread hellbitch.

Chanel, who are the people( you say )would say discussing this is 'faux outrage"?
Why do you think it's just NJ where this happens, this happens all over not only the US, but the world. It angers me, and saddens me to no end, because we DO have 'Safe Haven' laws here in the US, and there are so many people waiting to adopt babies.....my friend and her husband have been waiting for 3 years now.

As for the time in jail, they should do the same time as anyone that murders a human.

i think the boy is dead....he has been gone too long now....worse case scenario..she sold the kid....but i think for some reason she killed the boy....but that is just me..and really is there evidence of that...no...

a randon strange abduction could have happened....

i think had she failed the lie detector tests...the police would be all over her....

as i said in the beginning she will always be suspect...fair or not...

i think the boy is dead....he has been gone too long now....worse case scenario..she sold the kid....but i think for some reason she killed the boy....but that is just me..and really is there evidence of that...no...

a randon strange abduction could have happened....

i think had she failed the lie detector tests...the police would be all over her....

as i said in the beginning she will always be suspect...fair or not...

How can there be no clues, especially in this day and age? And with so many people around? WTF?

Mary Winkler served 67 days? Unbelievable. As FA_Q2 mentioned, crimes against children really upset me too, and he rightly noted that they are often not punished judiciously. These are two NJ cases that really pissed me off:

Melissa Drexler (born 1978, a.k.a. "The Prom Mom", as labeled by the American media), gained infamy for delivering a baby in a restroom stall at her high school prom and putting the body in the trash before returning to the dance. She pleaded guilty to aggravated manslaughter, and was sentenced to fifteen years of imprisonment.[1] After serving nearly 37 months, she was released on parole.[2]

Drexler attended Lacey Township High School in Lanoka Harbor, New Jersey. Over the course of nearly nine months she kept her pregnancy secret from the baby's father, her parents and classmates. Five foot seven inches tall, and weighing 60 kg (130 pounds), she apparently showed no signs of her pregnancy.[3]

On June 6, 1997, Drexler gave birth in a toilet stall at her senior prom. She then retrieved the baby from the toilet bowl,[4] cut the umbilical cord on the serrated edge of a sanitary napkin dispenser,[5] wrapped the baby in several garbage sacks, and deposited the bundle in a trash can. She then returned to the dance floor.

The baby was discovered by a janitor who responded to reports of blood in the restroom and who became suspicious of the weight of the trash bag.[6] Emergency workers attempted to resuscitate the baby for two hours.

Originally charged with murder, Drexler pleaded guilty to aggravated manslaughter on August 20, 1998,[1] and Judge John A. Ricciardi sentenced her to 15 years in prison, the maximum penalty. On November 26, 2001, she was released on parole after serving a little over three years.[2]

A New Jersey teenager who pleaded guilty to drowning her newborn in a toilet tank has been sentenced to 522 days in the Cumberland County Detention Center.

Sixteen-year-old Isamar Sanchez of Bridgeton admitted she gave birth to a baby boy and killed him in a bathroom stall at the Cumberland County Fairgrounds in May 2008. Sanchez was 14 at the time.
Cumberland County Prosecutor Ronald Casella initially sought to have Sanchez, who was already the mother of one child, tried as an adult.

Cumberland County teen sentenced to 522 days for drowning newborn in toilet | NJ.com

Babies have little value here in the garden state. I'm sure there are many on this board that would argue that these sentences are appropriate and even discussing them is "faux outrage". Good thread hellbitch.

Chanel, who are the people( you say )would say discussing this is 'faux outrage"?
Why do you think it's just NJ where this happens, this happens all over not only the US, but the world. It angers me, and saddens me to no end, because we DO have 'Safe Haven' laws here in the US, and there are so many people waiting to adopt babies.....my friend and her husband have been waiting for 3 years now.

As for the time in jail, they should do the same time as anyone that murders a human.

More. There is a special depravity in the attack of a child, particularly sexual attacks.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/law-a...6-would-the-death-penalty-be-okay-here-4.html

EZ - I read NJ news. I'm sure it does happen elsewhere, however I am not familiar with the justice system in other states. We also have a safe haven law here, and numerous agencies that can assist unwed mothers. There should be no excuses.

I hope your friends get a baby soon.

there are two orphanages here.....too bad they only want a perfect baby....easy to adopt older kids....

Yes, a lot of younger couples do want to adopt babies, but older couples, gay couples and religious couples are willing to adopt older children, AND children with special needs.

Forum List

Back