what recent crime just pisses you off?

This has to be the most egregious murder I've heard of in the last couple years.

Murders of Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Channon Gail Christian, 21, and Hugh Christopher Newsom, Jr., 23, were a couple from Knoxville, Tennessee. They were both raped, tortured and murdered by three black males and 1 female after being kidnapped early on the morning of January 7, 2007. Their vehicle had been carjacked.[1][2] Five suspects were arrested and charged in the case.[3] The grand jury indicted four of the suspects on counts of murder, robbery, kidnapping, rape and theft. Three of those arrested, Letalvis D. Cobbins, Lemaricus Davidson and George Thomas, have been convicted on multiple charges including several counts of felony murder. Vanessa Coleman has been convicted of federal charges as accessory after the fact to carjacking.[2]

Mine is the fact that people like zona are allowed to vote.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2010/07/newark_police_arrest_man_in_co.html

Recently posted in a thread here by channel. NOTHING pisses me off more than crimes against children. It takes a special type of monster to willingly hurt someone that is so helpless and innocent. The sad part is the likely small sentence that will accompany this one. I was just reading a case that resolved in 09 where 2 men raped and killed a one year old after months of abuse and they managed to get a whopping 18 months. Where is the outcry for defending the innocent as the law should?

Last edited:
Bernie Madoff's ongoing swindle is fairly egregious.

Violent crimes of passion don't much interest me because I don't think there's realy much we can do about those.

the crimes that piss me off the most break the laws of social justice

like the scotus decision to allow corporatism to rule here

or the fact that i have to read retirees, some of who are probably triple dippers here claim that 1 out of 5 Americans are too lazy to find work

ignorance of the law is no excuse, but then there's no law against being butt ugly plain ignorant ......

~S~

Mary Winkler served 67 days? Unbelievable. As FA_Q2 mentioned, crimes against children really upset me too, and he rightly noted that they are often not punished judiciously. These are two NJ cases that really pissed me off:

Melissa Drexler (born 1978, a.k.a. "The Prom Mom", as labeled by the American media), gained infamy for delivering a baby in a restroom stall at her high school prom and putting the body in the trash before returning to the dance. She pleaded guilty to aggravated manslaughter, and was sentenced to fifteen years of imprisonment.[1] After serving nearly 37 months, she was released on parole.[2]

Drexler attended Lacey Township High School in Lanoka Harbor, New Jersey. Over the course of nearly nine months she kept her pregnancy secret from the baby's father, her parents and classmates. Five foot seven inches tall, and weighing 60 kg (130 pounds), she apparently showed no signs of her pregnancy.[3]

On June 6, 1997, Drexler gave birth in a toilet stall at her senior prom. She then retrieved the baby from the toilet bowl,[4] cut the umbilical cord on the serrated edge of a sanitary napkin dispenser,[5] wrapped the baby in several garbage sacks, and deposited the bundle in a trash can. She then returned to the dance floor.

The baby was discovered by a janitor who responded to reports of blood in the restroom and who became suspicious of the weight of the trash bag.[6] Emergency workers attempted to resuscitate the baby for two hours.

Originally charged with murder, Drexler pleaded guilty to aggravated manslaughter on August 20, 1998,[1] and Judge John A. Ricciardi sentenced her to 15 years in prison, the maximum penalty. On November 26, 2001, she was released on parole after serving a little over three years.[2]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melissa_Drexler

A New Jersey teenager who pleaded guilty to drowning her newborn in a toilet tank has been sentenced to 522 days in the Cumberland County Detention Center.

Sixteen-year-old Isamar Sanchez of Bridgeton admitted she gave birth to a baby boy and killed him in a bathroom stall at the Cumberland County Fairgrounds in May 2008. Sanchez was 14 at the time.
Cumberland County Prosecutor Ronald Casella initially sought to have Sanchez, who was already the mother of one child, tried as an adult.

Cumberland County teen sentenced to 522 days for drowning newborn in toilet | NJ.com

Babies have little value here in the garden state. I'm sure there are many on this board that would argue that these sentences are appropriate and even discussing them is "faux outrage". Good thread hellbitch.

i can understand the shock of people harming kids....brutal crimes against kids amaze me...brutal crimes amaze and shock me..

the young couple christian and newsome...was shocking the lack of medica coverage..it is a story kept alive in the aryan sites....but someone needed to keep it alive

does anyone remember the story a good while ago...in la...the kid was maybe 8 or so...his karate instructor kidnapped him and took him to calif for 2 weeks....well they found the kid and the kidnapper...
the day the kidnapper was to go to trial..the father was talking on a payphone....as the kidnapper walked by...the father turned and shot the kidnapper in the head.. then dropped the gun

he got more time than mary winkler...

here ya go tech...the verdicts in the christian/newsom murders

[edit] Verdicts
On April 16, 2008, Eric Boyd was found guilty in Federal court of being an accessory to a fatal carjacking and for failing to report the location of a known fugitive.[27] Boyd's was the first case to go to trial, and he was the only suspect not charged with murder.[28] He was sentenced to the maximum of 18 years in Federal prison.[29] He is currently incarcerated at Beckley FCI.

On August 25, 2009, Letalvis D. Cobbins was found guilty of the murders of Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom. Cobbins faced the possibility of the death penalty because he was convicted of first degree felony murder in the murder of Christian. He was found guilty of facilitation of murder for Newsom but he was acquitted of Newsom's rape. The jurors worked about 10 hours Monday and on Tuesday morning before reaching a verdict. They never asked Judge Richard Baumgartner any questions during their deliberations.[30] On August 26, Cobbins was sentenced to life without parole.[31]

On October 28, 2009, Lemaricus Devall Davidson was found guilty on all counts. He was found not guilty on three counts of the aggravated rape of Christopher Newsom but was found guilty of the lesser included charges of facilitation of rape. The sentencing hearing began on October 29, 2009 at 9am EST. The sentence hearing ended the next day October 30, 2009 at approx 3pm EST when a jury, after deliberating approx 3 hours, sentenced Lemaricus Davidson to death on 4 of the conviction counts.[32]

On December 8, 2009, George Thomas was found guilty on all counts, including the ones the other defendants were acquitted of despite his case being based solely on circumstantial evidence and testimony.[33] The sentencing hearing began December 8th, 2009 and ended on December 10th, 2009 at approx 10:45 am EST when the jury, after approx 3 hours of deliberation, returned a sentence of life in prison without the possibility of parole on each of the 4 capital convictions.[34]

The convictions of Boyd, Cobbins, Davidson and Thomas left Vanessa Coleman as the last defendant to face trial.[35] Coleman's case is complicated by the fact that, while she was granted immunity by federal authorities for testimony in the federal case on the car-jacking, the state courts have ruled that the federal grant of immunity does not extend to the state charges on murder and rape.[36] On May 13, 2010, Coleman was acquitted of first degree murder but found guilty on lesser charges.[37

Murders of Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

i can understand the shock of people harming kids....brutal crimes against kids amaze me...brutal crimes amaze and shock me..

the young couple christian and newsome...was shocking the lack of medica coverage..it is a story kept alive in the aryan sites....but someone needed to keep it alive

does anyone remember the story a good while ago...in la...the kid was maybe 8 or so...his karate instructor kidnapped him and took him to calif for 2 weeks....well they found the kid and the kidnapper...
the day the kidnapper was to go to trial..the father was talking on a payphone....as the kidnapper walked by...the father turned and shot the kidnapper in the head.. then dropped the gun

he got more time than mary winkler...

If someone hurt my wife or kid, it will turn into a race between me and the cops as to which one of us will get to the criminal first. He'd better pray it's the cops. I may not kill him, but I will remove his mobility from him as well as any body parts used to commit the crime to ensure he can never do it again.

I don't want to spoil the party here - but I think something that angers me even more than all of the horrible crimes mentioned so far, are cases where innocent people are imprisoned for long periods of time (some over 20 years) because of overzealous prosecutors, lying cops and prosecution-minded jurists.

I think something needs to be said about that as well.

Forum List

Back