what really matters?

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by MrProlifer, Jun 12, 2004.

1. MrProlifer

MrProlifer Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't really care too much for taxes, I am sure no one does, but tax isn't what makes me vote republican. It pains me to see people vote democrat just because they believe that person is going to bring them jobs. They don't see the pro-abortion-gay rights supporter they just voted into office. I'm a new daddy and how anyone could kill or beat a little baby is beyond me. I also would like to say I don't hate gay people just what they do. Lastly, how can a Christian be Democrat, when most of what they stand for is wrong?

2. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,145
    You dont understand. to these people those issues dont really matter. they are just "wedge" issues meant to divide us. I mean who cares if someone murders a defenseless child because they dont want to take responsibility for the night in the back seat with their boyfriend. its not our place to tell them to grow up and stop being selfish is it? But then again we live in america and have the freedom to speak our minds.

The fact is, these are teh most important issues. but people with guilty consciences dont want to deal with them.

3. menewa

menewa Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13
    We need to look at the deeper issue of why abortion is even practiced. If America had not lost it's tight communities, abortions would never be necessary. In the past, when one had a baby, they had an extended family and a close community with neighbors to help raise children. Modern America has barely any tight communities like this anymore. So, when someone gets pregnant today its all on them, and we've become a very selfish, materialistic society in the years since WWII. People don't have the extended family and the village type of community to help raise the babies anymore.
    So, I would be completelty against abortion. I think it is disgusting and violent. But when a baby is raised in a home with no love or support, that child will manifest into something disgusting and violent.

4. Shazbot

Shazbot Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7
    It's called adoption.

-Douglas

5. Gop guy

Gop guy Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It may not be very important to you Avatar.

However I believe that these people, and all who support them have blood on their hands.

They are murderers and their supporters accomplaces

6. Modu$OperanDi

Modu$OperanDi Guest

Ratings:
    +0

Give me a break. America will never ever be a number of 'tight communities', I would dispute if it ever was. It is clear you are not focusing on the entirety of America, i.e. poverty, and areas which will always manifest violence. Abortions will always be necessary, I like how you completely ignore disgusting circumstances such as a woman being raped by her own brother, peachy situations such as that deserve the option to abort. I think ou need to listen to 'Brenda's Got a Baby'.
    I support abortion, if you don't, I can only say I think you are focusing on the wrong thing. It is a hot issue and always will be, but fact is, things are going to get far more fucked up in the next century to gripe about a woman's right to choose.

7. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741

I'm thinking Lacey Peterson's parents should go to jail/be executed because of her killing. It's Good to punish vicitims.

:rolleyes:

Even babies born of incest or rape are still 'people'.

8. Modu$OperanDi

Modu$OperanDi Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    A single woman who cannot afford a child victimizes herself by having one.

9. brneyedgrl80

brneyedgrl80 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Actually, that's some of the reasons I do vote Democrat. I don't really care about the tax issues.

As for what's wrong or right, it all depends what side politically and religiously you stand.:D

10. HGROKIT

HGROKIT Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Did you read what you posted and realize how dumb that comment it?

She vitimizes herself by having sex. The child does not victimize her!

She can always give the child up for adoption.

Bottom damn line though is that if she hadn't let her boyfriend or whomever take an un-protected poke at her, she wouldn't be pregnant. She should bear the kid and deal with it.