What Really Is Hell? non-believers and my fellow Christians.

We all are punished for our sins with death.

Dahmer I don't know his heart there is only one who can read his heart and he will be judged by his heart condition by the judge. No one can hide what his heart condition is.

The wages of sin is death when a person dies he paid the price. Now during the resurrection if his heart condition is wrong then he will suffer eternal death.

Before Christ came and died people had to sacrfice animals for atonement for their sins. The death of Christ was the ultimate sacrifice for our sins it is no longer a requirement.

God is tolerant and allows all to repent of their sins,if one chooses not to they pay the ultimate price.

Let's assume for the sake of this argument that Chef Jeff was completely sincere in his redemption.

The fact is, he still killed and ate 17 people, some of them children.

(Okay, maybe cannibalism is a mitigating factor, because it's less wasteful.)

It still goes without saying- if he gets a "get into heaven free card" for being "sincere", it kind of moots the point of people who committed much more petty sins and went to hell for them.

I think this is my overall problem with the Christian God. He seems to be more about kissing his backside than doing the right thing.

God judges by the heart and dahmer payed the price for his sin with his death. Most will pay the price for sin which is death.

So if someone is insane that should be held against him by God ?

Do you know if dahmer converted before his death ?

God say's the wages of sin is death is that not what we all eventually do is die. We have foregiveness for our sins but we still sin and die.

There will be some who never die but they have to have the right heart condition to not exp death.

A whole lot of problems with this thinking, and I'm getting ready for work, so I'll only hit on a couple.

Dahmner was baptized in prison just before another inmate brained him. So by your logic, his sins were forgiven and he got into the eternal buffet table. (I hear he likes the pork!)

If death is the payment for sin, why does everyone get the same punishment, regardless of the level of sin. It seems to me that they dictator who dies in his bed at 90 is a bigger sinner than the baby who dies of SIDS.

Why should someone who is otherwise a decent person go to hell because they just happened to be born in a region where Christianity wasn't the dominant religion?

Once adam sinned,sin was passed on to all, We all sin and die. All sin is wrong to God no matter the sin. The forgivness of sins puts us in position for the resurrection to eternal life that and the belief in the son of God.

Hell is the grave,we all go to Hell Jesus went to hell but he was dead. Jesus referred to the condition of the dead is like a state of sleep. The bible say's that the dead are conscious of nothing that their thoughts go away and they are in that state until the resurrection.
So what are the unrepentent sinners conscious of AFTER the resurrection????

A whole lot of problems with this thinking, and I'm getting ready for work, so I'll only hit on a couple.

Dahmner was baptized in prison just before another inmate brained him. So by your logic, his sins were forgiven and he got into the eternal buffet table. (I hear he likes the pork!)

If death is the payment for sin, why does everyone get the same punishment, regardless of the level of sin. It seems to me that they dictator who dies in his bed at 90 is a bigger sinner than the baby who dies of SIDS.

Why should someone who is otherwise a decent person go to hell because they just happened to be born in a region where Christianity wasn't the dominant religion?

Once adam sinned,sin was passed on to all, We all sin and die. All sin is wrong to God no matter the sin. The forgivness of sins puts us in position for the resurrection to eternal life that and the belief in the son of God.

Hell is the grave,we all go to Hell Jesus went to hell but he was dead. Jesus referred to the condition of the dead is like a state of sleep. The bible say's that the dead are conscious of nothing that their thoughts go away and they are in that state until the resurrection.

For final judgment.

Joh 5:28 Marvel not at this: for the hour cometh, in which all that are in the tombs shall hear his voice,
Joh 5:29 and shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of judgment

For final judgment.

Joh 5:28 Marvel not at this: for the hour cometh, in which all that are in the tombs shall hear his voice,
Joh 5:29 and shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of judgment
A typical non-answer.

So hell for the unrepentant will be hearing his voice. :badgrin:

What will the unrepentant be conscious of after they hear his voice?

I hear Christians and non-believers referring to hell as a place of torment. Some Christians use it as a threat and non-believers use it as a reason to not believe because God is sadistic and tortures people.

I looked around for an article and who would of thought it ? I actually agree with Jehovah's witnesses on this subject and they did a mavelous job with this article concerning Hell.

After you read this article look up the terms sheol,hell,hades and gahenna. It is clear a loving and just God does not torture period.

What Really Is Hell? - Jehovah's Witnesses Official Web Site

Who ever said GOD was going to be doing any torturing? Dunno if you ever noticed, but it's not GOD who lives in Hell.

I worked with a Jehovah's Witness until last week.

frankly, I think on the "Religious Crazy Scale", they rate about 8. (Mormons are up there at a full 10).

To the point, I find most concepts of hell to be offensive.

Frankly, unless you are Hitler or Jeff Dahmner, most of us do not do things that merit eternal punishment.

But heck, it's pretty easy to get into the Christian Hell. All you have to do is be born into the wrong religion, and they don't make it clear which one is the "right" one.

but it gets better. Even Jeff Dahmner can get into the Christian Heaven. All he has to do is accept Jesus into his heart and get baptized.

Meanwhile, if Anne Frank doesn't accept Jesus, she goes to hell, even though she's blameless victim.

A cosmology where Anne Frank goes to Hell and Jeff Dahmner gets into Heaven isn't worthy of my respect.

Thankfully, it's all a retarded Bronze Age fairy tale.

God judges by the heart and dahmer payed the price for his sin with his death. Most will pay the price for sin which is death.

So if someone is insane that should be held against him by God ?

Do you know if dahmer converted before his death ?

God say's the wages of sin is death is that not what we all eventually do is die. We have foregiveness for our sins but we still sin and die.

There will be some who never die but they have to have the right heart condition to not exp death.

Why does it matter if Dahmer converted or not?
Should not a sinner be punished according to his sin? Or is asking forgiveness an escape out of hell card?

Even if he asked for forgiveness and converted with all the sincerity in the world, why should he go unpunished? The argument of a persons realization before punishment is utter BS! What if he become sincere while he is being punished, should God then let him off with a half-sentence?

There is nothing in scriptures that says so, thus suggesting being forgiven before punishment is a load of crap.

Punish the sinner according to his sin. That is justice.
Forgiven a sinner because he asked to be forgiven, because he converted to a certain religion or because some mystic claim that this is so is an attempt to usurp justice. Your heart is what lead you to the sin, why should it become your Judge?

Hell isn't about punishment. NOTHING about the Christian view of the afterlife really has anything to do with punishment, although that is a common misconception human beings project onto it.

If you insist on confusing God and the afterlife with the criminal justice system, you're going to get nothing but wrong answers and confusion.

For final judgment.

A typical non-answer.

When the battle of armorgeddon takes place and any that have been put to death by God have already been judged and they are eternally dead.

The ones that died before the battle of armorgeddon but not at the hands of God they will be resurrected and the people that did evil will be judged. If they are to suffer death after judgment they will exp eternal death.

2Th 1:8 rendering vengeance to them that know not God, and to them that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus:
2Th 1:9 who shall suffer punishment, even eternal destruction from the face of the Lord and from the glory of his might,

For final judgment.

A typical non-answer.

When the battle of armorgeddon takes place and any that have been put to death by God have already been judged and they are eternally dead.

The ones that died before the battle of armorgeddon but not at the hands of God they will be resurrected and the people that did evil will be judged. If they are to suffer death after judgment they will exp eternal death.

2Th 1:8 rendering vengeance to them that know not God, and to them that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus:
2Th 1:9 who shall suffer punishment, even eternal destruction from the face of the Lord and from the glory of his might,

::sigh:: The word is "Armageddon".

I hear Christians and non-believers referring to hell as a place of torment. Some Christians use it as a threat and non-believers use it as a reason to not believe because God is sadistic and tortures people.

I looked around for an article and who would of thought it ? I actually agree with Jehovah's witnesses on this subject and they did a mavelous job with this article concerning Hell.

After you read this article look up the terms sheol,hell,hades and gahenna. It is clear a loving and just God does not torture period.

Who ever said GOD was going to be doing any torturing? Dunno if you ever noticed, but it's not GOD who lives in Hell.

If hell is a place of torment who created the place ? If God sends us to hell who is punishing us ?

Hell is the grave and death is a punishment because of disobediance.

When we die and go to the grave we await the resurrection to eternal life and the evil are resuurected to judgment.

Rev 19:20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought the signs in his sight, wherewith he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast and them that worshipped his image: they two were cast alive into the lake of fire that burneth with brimstone:

Rev 20:14 And death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death, even the lake of fire.
Rev 20:15 And if any was not found written in the book of life, he was cast into the lake of fire.

Anything cast in to the lake of fire are destroyed and will never come back from this,it is total destruction.

A typical non-answer.

::sigh:: The word is "Armageddon".

oops thank you for the correction.

Hell is a fairytale created to scare the sheep into compliance. Nothing more, nothing less.

Hell is a fairytale created to scare the sheep into compliance. Nothing more, nothing less.

Agreed to a point, and it's an excuse used by non-believers to not believe. It helps them hate God because their ignorance of what Hell really is.

There is such a place as Hell and everyone who dies go there.

Define Sheol | Dictionary and Thesaurus

For final judgment.

A typical non-answer.

You are still avoiding saying what exactly the unbeliever will be conscious of even if eternally destroyed. He will obviously be conscious of some kind of suffering during his punishment by your vengeful God.

A typical non-answer.

You are still avoiding saying what exactly the unbeliever will be conscious of even if eternally destroyed. He will obviously be conscious of some kind of suffering during his punishment by your vengeful God.

Each person gain eternal life or eternal death I can't make it any clearer.

Here is a little help for you.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IP4G8_alAT4]Creed - My Own Prison (with lyrics) - YouTube[/ame]

They will be granted eternal life or they will destroyed in the lake of fire,the punishment is eternal death.

Last edited:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IP4G8_alAT4]Creed - My Own Prison (with lyrics) - YouTube[/ame]

They will be granted eternal life or they will destroyed in the lake of fire,the punishment is eternal death.
But how can one suffer a punishment if you are not conscious of it?????

"There is no death. Only a change of worlds."
— Chief Seattle

Last edited:

— Chief Seattle

He is conscious because he was resrrected from the dead,now he has his moment before the judge it's either eternal life or eternal death.

Heb 6:2 Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

Death is suidden the torment is not literal but the torment is eternal separation from God.

Everything deemed as evil will be cast in to the lake of fire where everything evil will be no more.

— Chief Seattle

You want me to say there is gonna be pain and suffering with their judgment but that just is not true.

1Th 5:3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety! Then sudden destruction comes on them, as travail upon a woman with child. And they shall not escape.

Why if the plan was to torment evil people in this place called Hell for eternity,then why is there a battle of armageddon where he destroy's the evil.

The people who God has put to death since mans beginning have already been judged. They are dead and they will not be resurrected.

The ones that are resurrected will have eternal life or eternal death.

The people put to death at the battle of armorgeddon received their punishment of eternal death.

I'm not sure why so many have a problem grasping this concept.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back