What Really Happens When You Don't Separate Church and State

you're a pathological liar.

perhaps you've breathed in too many paint fumes. or do you not do that working the cash register at home depot?

A little projecting there? Still waiting to see any refutation that Israel is not run on Jewish law and the rabbis are not in charge of certain aspects of civic life.

You have nothing because you are an empty headed poseur. Get back and scrub the urinals at "The White Swallow", you TS bouncer, you.

I'm confused about what exactly you're arguing here. Are you claiming Israel is a theocracy and that's a good thing, or are you anti-theocracy and therefore bashing Israel, or are you just not sure wtf you're arguing as long as you can keep typing? A coherent thesis would be helpful right about now.

And wtf is "The White Swallow" and more important, how are you so intimately familiar with it? Inquiring minds and all...

Typically you missed the entire point. The first thing your inquiring mind needs to inquire about is some reading lessons.
The point is that religion has a heavy input into the state of Israel. It is not a theocracy in the sense that Iran is. But there is no separation of church and state as we understand the concept here in America. And it seems to work reasonably well.
Of course Israel is not a diverse Western country in that sense. While there are christians and muslims who live there as citizens, the vast majority are Jews and have that as their tie.

Did the House and Senate of the First U. S. Congress really pray at each daily session?

I say no.

What say you?

The evidence indicates the First U. S. Congress did not pray at each daily session. There is no record of a Chaplain conducting a prayer service or offering a prayer during any daily session of the House or Senate of the First U. S. Congress.

The First U. S. Congress elected two chaplains.

Congress paid it's chaplains less than 1/4 of what it paid the Congressmen. Chaplains were paid at a rate of $500 per year. Since Congress only met for six months every years, the Chaplains were paid $250 each year. One year, when Congress was in session less than six months, the Chaplains received less than $250.

Congress established no official daily, regular or routine duties for the Chaplains. However, it did establish duties for every other employee of Congress.

One Chaplains did perform a morning prayer service for congressmen at least one time. However, the service was before the daily session convened, so it didn't actually take place during the official daily session.

Attendance by members of Congress at the morning prayer services conducted by the Chaplains was "scant", according to James Madison.

The first two Chaplains to Congress were both leaders of very large and powerful religious societies in New York.

America should have an all volunteer congress where it is a prviledge to serve.

Did the House and Senate of the First U. S. Congress really pray at each daily session?

I say no.

What say you?

The evidence indicates the First U. S. Congress did not pray at each daily session. There is no record of a Chaplain conducting a prayer service or offering a prayer during any daily session of the House or Senate of the First U. S. Congress.

Congress paid it's chaplains less than 1/4 of what it paid the Congressmen. Chaplains were paid at a rate of $500 per year. Since Congress only met for six months every years, the Chaplains were paid $250 each year. One year, when Congress was in session less than six months, the Chaplains received less than $250.

Congress established no official daily, regular or routine duties for the Chaplains. However, it did establish duties for every other employee of Congress.

One Chaplains did perform a morning prayer service for congressmen at least one time. However, the service was before the daily session convened, so it didn't actually take place during the official daily session.

Attendance by members of Congress at the morning prayer services conducted by the Chaplains was "scant", according to James Madison.

The first two Chaplains to Congress were both leaders of very large and powerful religious societies in New York.

Volunteer? What does that mean? Anyone who wants to serve just says Ill do it, and there in? God I hope not.

I do agree though that it should be seen as a privilege to serve. I think they should be PAID significantly less to attract less people that want to make it a career about status and money, and more about serving this great Nation!

Volunteer? What does that mean? Anyone who wants to serve just says Ill do it, and there in? God I hope not.

I do agree though that it should be seen as a privilege to serve. I think they should be PAID significantly less to attract less people that want to make it a career about status and money, and more about serving this great Nation!

I hope you're preparing your evidence for lack of church/state involvement in marriages in Israel and the legality of Christian proselytizing. EIther that or you owe me an apology.

[Volunteer? What does that mean? Anyone who wants to serve just says Ill do it, and there in? God I hope not.

Let me save you. The discussion is about "being paid." Volunteer, means without pay, but to work for privledge of serving your country. I dindn't say people would not be elected, you did. Don't go there. OK??

Yes, provide them with room and board & digital toys. No pages, servants, etc., and maybe raise the punishment for crimes.

New Topics

Forum List

Back