What Really Bother's Me Is....

No worries. He's gonna tax you so high you won't have anything worth stealing, babe.

Well leaving all existing tax rates at their current level, except the top one, and that one goes from 35% to 38%. And raising the Capital Gains rate from 15 to 20% is not exactly raising taxes at all....at least by enough that anyone would ever notice. And the government will be getting almost nothing from Cap Gains because there aren't going to be any, anytime soon.

Obama will be a HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT to the far left loons who think he's the next coming of Karl Marx.... He's going to look a hell of a lot like George Bush in actuality, at least for a while.

Well leaving all existing tax rates at their current level, except the top one, and that one goes from 35% to 38%. And raising the Capital Gains rate from 15 to 20% is not exactly raising taxes at all....at least by enough that anyone would ever notice. And the government will be getting almost nothing from Cap Gains because there aren't going to be any, anytime soon.

Obama will be a HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT to the far left loons who think he's the next coming of Karl Marx.... He's going to look a hell of a lot like George Bush in actuality, at least for a while.
This is just a start. He's got trillions of bucks in new entitlements to pay for.

This is just a start. He's got trillions of bucks in new entitlements to pay for.

Why is at least the first two years of an Obama administration going to look a lot like the last two years of a Bush administration?

1) No real rise in taxes. The miniscule hikes he is actually talking about, amount to NOTHING

2) No new social programs at all. there simply is no money, even with this spending congress. Between the remaining Republicans in the Senate and their Blue-Dog democrat allies, any health care or other entitlement program that gets that far will be fillibustered to death and die in the Senate, anyway.

3) Forget troops coming home. He's already committed to the troop drawdowns already in the plans and many of the troops coming out of Iraq are going to Afghanistan. Our expenditures on the War on Terror will continue unabated under Obama. Simply a change of venue is all.

So in a nutshell, Obama == Bush when it comes to the actual end results of real policy... And the lefty loons who populate this forum are in for some crying time with "Obama the traitor...." Just as most who voted for Bush consider him to be a traitor of their principals....

Why is at least the first two years of an Obama administration going to look a lot like the last two years of a Bush administration?

1) No real rise in taxes. The miniscule hikes he is actually talking about, amount to NOTHING

2) No new social programs at all. there simply is no money, even with this spending congress. Between the remaining Republicans in the Senate and their Blue-Dog democrat allies, any health care or other entitlement program that gets that far will be fillibustered to death and die in the Senate, anyway.

3) Forget troops coming home. He's already committed to the troop drawdowns already in the plans and many of the troops coming out of Iraq are going to Afghanistan. Our expenditures on the War on Terror will continue unabated under Obama. Simply a change of venue is all.

So in a nutshell, Obama == Bush when it comes to the actual end results of real policy... And the lefty loons who populate this forum are in for some crying time with "Obama the traitor...." Just as most who voted for Bush consider him to be a traitor of their principals....

So everything sucks now, Obama's not going to make it too much worse. Is that your position?

As soon as he's elected there will be two, possibly three SCOTUS judges resigning, and their replacements will be far worse, since Reid my have a filibuster proof majority.

So everything sucks now, Obama's not going to make it too much worse. Is that your position?

As soon as he's elected there will be two, possibly three SCOTUS judges resigning, and their replacements will be far worse, since Reid my have a filibuster proof majority.

There will be not a fillibuster proof majority in the Senate, not even close. At least four western and southern democratic Senators vote more often with Republicans than their own party. Our own Nebraska Senator, Ben Nelson being one of them. Obama will NOT be appointing any far left judges to the Supreme Court although a few lower court appointees might get through. And anyway the retirees are going to both be hard leftists so replacing them with new ones will have no actual effect.

Essentially modern Presidents simply have no domestic power at all anymore. Court appointments are about all that's left. We have seen the power of the Presidency eroded so badly over the past 50 years that the position is little more than a figurehead anymore.

If you are mad about the state of things in the country, blame Congress, not a President. The Legislative branch has far TOO MUCH power now. The founding fathers never intended that to happen. It's why the Pres needs a line item veto and Congress must be forced to operate under a Balance Budget Amendment.

Last edited:
There will be not a fillibuster proof majority in the Senate, not even close. At least four western and southern democratic Senators vote more often with Republicans than their own party. Our own Nebraska Senator, Ben Nelson being one of them. Obama will NOT be appointing any far left judges to the Supreme Court although a few lower court appointees might get through.

Essentially modern Presidents simply have no domestic power at all anymore. Court appointments are about all that's left. We have seen the power of the Presidency eroded so badly over the past 50 years that the position is little more than a figurehead anymore.

If you are mad about the state of things in the country, blame Congress, not a President. The Legislative branch has far TOO MUCH power now. The founding fathers never intended that to happen. It's why the Pres needs a line item veto and Congress must be forced to operate under a Balance Budget Amendment.

Good post except for the last bit. I don't think a president, or any figurehead, should have as power as yours does. One person having veto is just plain wrong in my opinion...

Good post except for the last bit. I don't think a president, or any figurehead, should have as power as yours does. One person having veto is just plain wrong in my opinion...

what about the UN Security Council?

It's also incorrect as a matter of fact from the years 2000 through 2006. A president who said he and congress created agreed upon policy and legislation with a secretive VP who refused any type of disclosure or oversight and a congress which allowed that. Not a single veto of any congressional action and a president who took it upon himself to thwart the legislature with signing statements saying "your laws don't apply to me"...

The unilateral authority asserted by this presidency was abhorrent...

FindLaw's Writ - Van Bergen: The Unitary Executive: Is The Doctrine Behind the Bush Presidency Consistent with a Democratic State?

Obama taking guns away is just another lie the GOP is pushing, along with he is Muslim and he is Osama's son and a terrorist and...so on and so on.

There has got to be something. All the Swift Boat people are either dead or too old to spread more lies.

When Obama is elected and when the Democrats smash the republicans in Congress again, then place the blame where it should be placed. Just look to your outgoing administration who has run roughshod over the Constitution and nearly bankrupted this country. Thanks Boooooooosh and DICK.

To those of the flock who voted twice for these two criminals, I hope you enjoy your first 4 years of an Obama adminstration. Write a thank you note to Boooooosh when he retires to his ranch in Texas and thank him for destroying the republican party. I would say he did it single handedly but DICK and people like Rove and Dumsfield had a great hand in it. They will all soon be laughing at you sheep while they spend their retirement with benefits from Haliburton, the oil companies, and all the other rich friends they made even richer.

ENJOY!

Write a thank you note to Boooooosh when he retires to his ranch in Texas and thank him for destroying the republican party.
Actually, what severely damaged the Republican party was the corruption of a Republican congress. Most of those guys were purged in 2006 and the Republican party has begun to rebuild itself.

Forum List

Back