What REAL freedom of speech looks like in America.

FREE SPEECH RULES:
Amazed this story got captured so well in the online media.
Two amazing cheers and shouts out -- for Freedom of Speech and of the Press!
PROOF there is HOPE for America!

===========================================================================
Trump Supporters Invite Black Lives Matter On Stage In A Rare Moment Of Unity

“I want Black Lives Matter to see a black patriot,” Davis said as the group walked to the front of the crowd. However, once the Black Lives Matter group stood on stage, Davis kicked them back off after warning them to be quiet.

“Don’t nobody want to hear you speak,” Davis told the BLM group while instructing them to stand behind a line. A few awkward moments passed as Davis clashed with the protesters before rally organizer Tommy E. Hodges took over the microphone.

“So you guys know that the ‘Mother of All Rallies’ was to end the political violence,” he told the BLM group. “It’s about freedom of speech. It’s about celebration.

“So what we’re going to do is something you’re not used to, and we’re going to give you two minutes of our platform to put your message out. Whether they disagree or agree with your message is irrelevant. It’s the fact that you have the right to have the message.

“It’s your right to say what you believe,” Hodges told the group. “And it’s their right [referring to the pro-Trump crowd] to let you know what they think about what you’re saying.”

Then he handed the microphone to Hawk Newsome, president of Black Lives Matter of Greater New York.

“I am an American,” Newsome told the crowd, eliciting cheers and applause. “And the beauty of America is that when you see something broke in your country, you can mobilize to fix it.

“So you ask why there’s a Black Lives Matter,” Newsome continued. “Because you can watch a black man die and be choked to death on television and nothing happens. We need to address that.”

To be sure, the crowd wasn’t willing to accept all of Newsome’s speech. At times they booed him and yelled out “Bullshit” and “All lives matter!”

But there were moments when the crowd accepted the black rights activist’s message. When Newsome said he was a Christian and was taught to “Love thy neighbor,” the crowd cheered. And the crowd responded with a mix of cheers and groans when Newsome proclaimed he was not “anti-cop.”

“We are anti-bad cop,” he said. “We say if a cop is bad, he needs to get fired like a bad plumber, a bad lawyer, like a bad fucking politician!”

When Newsome said “All lives matter, right? But when a black life is lost, we get no justice,” some people called him a liar.

Newsome’s speech did end with a message of unity: “If we really want America great, we do it together.”

Then the crowd broke out into a chant of “U.S.A.”

Too bad all the BLM doesn't follow that guys ability to get his point across without invading diners eating, people shopping, blocking traffic, etc.
Thanks for the vid. It was interesting.

Why does the left feel the need to make a distinction between freedom of speech and "real" freedom of speech?
Why do morons keep categorizing me as left? This thread is a depiction of the RIGHT allowing an opposing view to be shared as opposed to many on the LEFT who only deem "certain" speech to be free.
But I get that you are simply too stupid to grasp that link in the title.

it's happening. we're starting to listen to each other again. despite all our differences we're doing it anyway.

to me, our differences are what defines us and how we learn more not only about each other, but in the end, ourselves.

we can do this.

it's happening.

Forum List

Back