What questions to ask a staff member of the United Nations?

james50

Rookie
Jan 26, 2010
Hello,

So I as an intern have a meeting with one of the staff members of the Security Council at the U.N. He is an International Civil Servant. I want to know what would be some interesting questions to ask him? I don't want to ask him factual questions that will lead me nowhere, or asking about the structure of the organization, those I can research myself. But I want to ask the type of questions that are stimulative, that evokes interesting conversation. And just in general, what are some interesting questions I can ask about the U.N., particularly in regards to the Security Council, the questions that aren't usually asked by others.

Thank you

Last edited:
I'm an intern, as a student I was set up for this special meeting to get an overview of the U.N. It's just a meeting to get an overview of what the U.N. is about basically, and thats what he is going to do, he is going to give me a intro overview of the organization describe all about the main bodies and their functions, exc... Then at the end of the interview, I will have an opportunity to ask my own questions.

So I want to ask some specific questions that are really interesting, preferably about the Security Council. Questions like how the process of enforcing peace keepers at the given region/state/country works or how Security Council makes decisions (these questions are already written down and will ask him). So I just need few more questions to think of.

Last edited:
he he that's funny. Depends on how the interview will go. If he turns out to be a pain in ass or I take dislike in him for some reason, I may indeed ask that at the very end.

"By the way, seeing that this organization has never really accomplished anything (*coughs* Middle East) ever since its creation, do you still have a hope in this organization?"

An opportunity to ask a public servant if there is a point to his service to the public..... :eusa_think:

If there is, you can ask him if he knows what it is. :eusa_whistle:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back