What promise do you wish Obama had kept?

Dr.Drock

Aug 19, 2009
This goes for those who voted for him and those who didn't.

For me it's I wish he'd kept his promise that diplomacy, whether with our allies or enemies, was of absolute importance. Then we have the current disaster in Libya, and despite all Gaddafi's faults he's proven to be open to diplomacy in the past when he stopped his WMD program, yet Obama ignored this and went with the war first, ask questions later that hurt us so much in the last administration.

What about you guys?

I wish he had kept his oath of office:

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

He made a campaign promise to get out of Iraq war in his first 10 months in office. I wished he would have kept that promise. Then he changed it to 16 months then he said 24 months. I think now he’s saying 2014 which probably won’t happen either. Now, he's started another soon-to-be war in Libya. This guy is nothing but a liar and cad, he loves to play with American lives and money.

To change the tone in Washington.
I mean, he changed the tone all right. But I think most people had the idea he would improve things,not make them worse.

I wish he'd closed Gitmo.

I also wish he would have pursued criminal charges against some in the Bush administration for the myriad of crimes committed, and in some cases even confessed to by members of the Bush administration. It sets a very bad precedent to allow the President of the United States or his staff to be above the law.

I also wish he would have pursued criminal charges against some in the Bush administration for the myriad of crimes committed, and in some cases even confessed to by members of the Bush administration. It sets a very bad precedent to allow the President of the United States or his staff to be above the law.

I agree on Gitmo, but he probably didn't want to pursue criminal charges because he knew his administration and himself would be doing those same things that last guys did.

It's a nice thought, but it sets a bad precedent. Because then eventually you're going to have succeeding administrations of the other party wasting time going on witch hunts to find something illegal to pin on the other guy.

And we already have a bit too much of that now.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2encXLmPDo&feature=player_detailpage]:)[/ame]

watch

You are a victim of the political rhetoric that is NOT based on fact.
No laws were broken by the Bush administration. There is a debate as to whether or not he was mis advised by the WH attorneys....and that potentially wrong advice is based on individual interpretation of the laws.....but no law was intentionally broken by the President or his staff.

I find it best to not listen to the political rhetoric.....

Pelosi for example...she used political rhetoric when she claimed that the CIA lied to her andf to congress...

She said that in an effort to continue her Bush bashing as it pertains to watewrboarding without looking like a hypocrite. It was self serving political rhetoric.

But the logical know that if she were not lying about the CIA, there would have been an intense investigation....for if the CIA lied to congress, it would have been a hell of a serious violation by the agency.

Dont listen to political rhetoric...and please...do yourself a favor....dont repeat it either without knowing the facts.

No laws were broken by the Bush administration. There is a debate as to whether or not he was mis advised by the WH attorneys....and that potentially wrong advice is based on individual interpretation of the laws.....but no law was intentionally broken by the President or his staff.

Pelosi for example...she used political rhetoric when she claimed that the CIA lied to her andf to congress...

She said that in an effort to continue her Bush bashing as it pertains to watewrboarding without looking like a hypocrite. It was self serving political rhetoric.

But the logical know that if she were not lying about the CIA, there would have been an intense investigation....for if the CIA lied to congress, it would have been a hell of a serious violation by the agency.

Dont listen to political rhetoric...and please...do yourself a favor....dont repeat it either without knowing the facts.

What I won't listen to is criminal apologists like yourself. The Bush administration was one of, if not THE most corrupt and evil administrations in American history, he makes Nixon look like a boy scout.

What I won't listen to is criminal apologists like yourself. The Bush administration was one of, if not THE most corrupt and evil administrations in American history, he makes Nixon look like a boy scout.

Yet...pelosi has called a hearing on Weiner and his sexploits.

She did not call one on what you claim to be the most corrupt administration in history...

She di not call for one in regard to the CIA lying to congress....

But she calls one for someone on her side of the aisle for some stupid texts and photos.

DO you not see how little sense that makes?

Got a question for you Nic_Driver....

Do you believe that Bush "cherry picked" the intel in regard to Iraq and Hussein?

Forum List

Back