What Powers are reserved for the states?

ihopehefails

VIP Member
Oct 3, 2009
Under the tenth amendment what powers that are not delegated to the federal government are reserved for the states. Now if states don't have any rights, as some believe, then how can there be any powers reserved for the states under the tenth amendment?

Its impossible for them to have zero powers because the tenth amendment makes it clear that there are powers reserved for the states. What those powers are are subject to debate but I think the tenth amendment makes it clear that states have all powers minus those delegated to the federal government and things prohibited to them. Thats a very narrow list of prohibitions against the states so states actually have 99.99999999% of all conceivable powers while the federal government is limited to things delegated to it in the constitution.

You are assuming the Federal Constitution is actually still a valid document in this country... That document doesn't mean sh!t to our Government! Sad.....

States? What the fuck is a state? Obama has Czars taking the place of Mayors, you think state still means anything?

Under the tenth amendment what powers that are not delegated to the federal government are reserved for the states. Now if states don't have any rights, as some believe, then how can there be any powers reserved for the states under the tenth amendment?

Its impossible for them to have zero powers because the tenth amendment makes it clear that there are powers reserved for the states. What those powers are are subject to debate but I think the tenth amendment makes it clear that states have all powers minus those delegated to the federal government and things prohibited to them. Thats a very narrow list of prohibitions against the states so states actually have 99.99999999% of all conceivable powers while the federal government is limited to things delegated to it in the constitution.

If you're going to speak of the Tenth? Why not post what it says verbatim?

Amendment X
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

You speak of the 'State(s)' But left out ONE crucial element...The People...

Those not expressly given to the federal government, retained by individuals or not subverted by federal purse strings.

• Banned

If you're going to speak of the Tenth? Why not post what it says verbatim?

Amendment X
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

You speak of the 'State(s)' But left out ONE crucial element...The People...

because I couldn't remember it verbatim and I didn't want to get it wrong or someone might tell criticize me for "getting it wrong" but apparently that happen anyways.

My point is is that the idea that states have no rights or powers is false because obviously the tenth amendment reserves some powers to states. What those powers are is what should be discussed and not if the have any powers at all.

I hope that clarifies my point.

Those not expressly given to the federal government, retained by individuals or not subverted by federal purse strings.
You mean 'unfunded' mandates? It's a tool the FED uses to bring the power of the States, and therefore the people down, and capitulate to the WILL of the FED.

Why yes, that very thing. Trading rights for money or safety means less of all.

• Banned
You mean 'unfunded' mandates? It's a tool the FED uses to bring the power of the States, and therefore the people down, and capitulate to the WILL of the FED.

Why yes, that very thing. Trading rights for money or safety means less of all.

In my home state we have no burn days. Why? Because the fed gave them money to pass those laws.

Forum List

Back