What potential Democrats are out there for President in 2016?

Nov 29, 2010

Whether Obama wins in 2012 or not, what Democrats are potential up and comers? Anyone got any names?

I know Andrew Cuomo is supposed to be a rising star. His father Mario was fantastic. I'd guess he's probably too far to the left to have a good chance of winning, but am not sure. Anyone else? Any women? Hillary could choose to run, 2016 is a long time off...

Come on my Dem friends, help me out. Is 5 years too far off to even start thinking about it?

I know, hardly any of us knew of Obama (as a potential contender at least) before his convention speech in 2004, and W. Bush wasn't really on the map in that way until about 1997.

Last edited:
I suggest you worry about 2012 first.
:eusa_whistle:

Obama will win in 2012 against whomever the GOP throws up. But, whether he wins or loses, he's the nominee in 2012.

My expectation is he'll win in 2012, and come 2016 there will be a strong field of Republican Candidates. We probably know some of them right now, perhaps Christie, Rubio, Kasich.

I want to know from my Dem friends if they know of any up and comers in our party. We know Biden won't take the reins from Obama in 2017. So, who's on the horizon.

I suggest that you just give it up, dude.

Shit happens, and it DID happen,

and now?

The Dums are SO The Losers.

IF it doesn't go to a repug, in 2016?

It'll be the NEW parties that are calling the shots :

from my little corner, it'll be the Tea Party,

but the dums will whip up something to compete, I feel sure.

(You're before your time, pal.)

and now?

Now that's funny!

There will never be a "Tea Party" Party. The "Tea Party" is a fad, that will fade. It's nothing more than a vehicle for the Republican party.

Obama will win in 2012 against whomever the GOP throws up. But, whether he wins or loses, he's the nominee in 2012.

My expectation is he'll win in 2012, and come 2016 there will be a strong field of Republican Candidates. We probably know some of them right now, perhaps Christie, Rubio, Kasich.

I want to know from my Dem friends if they know of any up and comers in our party. We know Biden won't take the reins from Obama in 2017. So, who's on the horizon.

Keep that happy thought dorathy maybe the scarecrow will get his brain after all.

Whether Obama wins in 2012 or not, what Democrats are potential up and comers? Anyone got any names?

I know Andrew Cuomo is supposed to be a rising star. His father Mario was fantastic. I'd guess he's probably too far to the left to have a good chance of winning, but am not sure. Anyone else? Any women? Hillary could choose to run, 2016 is a long time off...

Come on my Dem friends, help me out. Is 5 years too far off to even start thinking about it?

I know, hardly any of us knew of Obama (as a potential contender at least) before his convention speech in 2004, and W. Bush wasn't really on the map in that way until about 1997.

Andrew Cuomo is a lesser son of a great father. He's also far less liberal than you seem to think - he's much more of a centrist than his father was, and he wasn't that liberal either.

Hilary will be too old in 2016. I'm gonna guess that whoever the Democrat nominee is in 2016, he or she won't be someone that we really know about now.

Obama will win in 2012 against whomever the GOP throws up.

Sometimes here on the board, you see that one in a million post that's the most IGNORANT thing you've read for a long, LONG time. Yeah, it's the post above. What an absolute fucking moron.

and now?

Now that's funny!

There will never be a "Tea Party" Party. The "Tea Party" is a fad, that will fade. It's nothing more than a vehicle for the Republican party.

Nancy once called the tea party an astroturf movement. I bet she would love to take those words back.

and now?

Now that's funny!

Nancy once called the tea party an astroturf movement. I bet she would love to take those words back.

"Astroturf" is another meaningless term.

The Tea Parties are being used by the Republican party, as a tool to fuel anger. As soon as the Republicans have power again, the Tea Party will disappear.

judging by his approval numbers, and more specifically how the American People feel about his Policies, I think you are being wildly optimistic assuming Obama will win in 2012.

Intrade has it at 57% that he'll win. I'm a stats geek along the lines of Nate Silver and I'm confident that that number is too low.

Obama will win in 2012. I'd bet a lot of money on it.

It's only relevant to my question in whether the Dem is running against an incumbent Republican or for an open seat.

Mario was one of my favorite pols. I wish he had run against Reagan in 1984 or Bush Sr. in 88. Probably wouldn't have won, but would've been a good candidate nonetheless. i don't know enough about Andrew to have a solid opinion. Hillary would be 68. Looking for names. I know this board is flooded with Conservatives. That, and if I don't know about them, they're probably not that hot in terms of up and comers anyone's excited about.

THAT's what you know about the Tea Party?

Gee, thanx and all for sharing, but the REST of you folks?

GOOGLE is your FRIEND...

judging by his approval numbers, and more specifically how the American People feel about his Policies, I think you are being wildly optimistic assuming Obama will win in 2012.

You should take a look at historical trends in approval ratings. Obama's approval rating is still higher than Reagan's was at this point in his term, and not only did he win re-election, he became a GOD.

Now that's funny!

The Tea Parties are being used by the Republican party, as a tool to fuel anger. As soon as the Republicans have power again, the Tea Party will disappear.

I agree it was meaningless when San Fran Nan used it and look at what happen. Oh and since you think they are a tool used by the republican party. Why is it the Republican party was so pissed when the tea party kicked a few republicans to the curb?

and now?

Now that's funny!

The tea party is here to stay until it has accomplished its job of reducing government intervention and waste. After this time it will play a much smaller role in society like all social movements have in the past.

What makes me feel "better" is the FACT that folks are thinking, looking and listening.

Put another READER up, before us.

WATCH as we shoot her/him down for the ACTOR that s/he IS!

Don't YOU want something? Something that you feel like your country promised you?

Some sort of freedom, or something?

WHAT is it? CAN your idea of what our gov should be cover THAT,

your idea of the pursuit of health, happiness and harmony?

Libturds forget that, with their acquiescence to Total

oops

smelly phone...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back