What political catch-phrases are you sick of, and why?

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
I've had about all I can stand of two recent political catch phrases the left wing is spewing at a rate that is quicker than the Army's best machine gun. Those two are:

"Fair share" and "Revenue increase". I'll explain why, and you all please list the ones you'd pay to make go away because they are so ridiculous and your tired of them.

"Fair share", translation: Make rich people pay even more. The rich already pay the most taxes in total net paid, and in percentage. Combined fed, state, local taxes, the rich pay at or above 50% of their income to various governments. 50% of people pay no income taxes. Yet, the left repeats "fair share" to incidcate that, somehow, being amongst the ones who pay the most means you aren't paying your "fair" enough share. Basically, out of envy the left wants to just take those people's wealth from them, because it isn't "fair" that they are rich, while the others are not.

"Revenue increases", translation: MORE TAXES. This is a new one. Began a few weeks ago, but not spills out of every left winger's mouth at rapid fire. Probably an Obama advisor's brain child. The memo got out quick though, as it's been repeated so often I lost track. Sounds nice doesn't it? "Revenue increase". Like a company selling a new product that everyone wants to buy and it brings in more money!!!! Except thats not it. It's just the cute, cuddly phrase being substituted for "tax increases". As if they think most people are so stupid that when they say "The right wing refuses to vote in favor of more revenues", the people will think "Well, by golly thats stupid of them, why would anyone be against more revenue???". WE aren't that stupid. We get it. You want taxes jacked up.

I called my boss and told him I needed "increased revenues" in 2012. He asked me what the fu** was I talking about. I said boss, I need a pay raise. He said fuck off.

Everything out of Obamas mouth is nothing more than a catch phrase, and im sick of all of it.

If I have to listen to another perfectly pronounced speech--read from a teleprompter by Barack Obama--I will definitely get a headache. At this point it's absolute "torture."

There is absolutely nothing NEW that has come out of his mouth since he started his campaign--4 years ago. In fact--someone suggested that we should get every speech Obama has ever given on recording and use them for enhanced interrogation procedures on terrorist suspects.--:lol:

$obama-speech.jpg

Forum List

Back