What pisses you off the most about people playing the race card in politics

that's a fair point. why do you think that is? honest question, BTW. i haven't watched much video of either side myself.

Minorities in any country or nation rarely get all crazy and act like assholes, unless they are pushed to the extreme. Minorities are in a position of inferiority and they don't have the power.

Think about it. Blacks spent 400 years enslaved, getting strung up from trees, and murdered for looking at a white woman. Its amazing the shit they took, and they never reacted violently to any large or sustained degree.

Blacks and hispanics also have a history of great civil rights leaders that advocated peaceful resistance and peaceful civil protest. We can thank people like Martin Luther King and Ceasar Chavez for that proud tradition.

That dude is right. You never see a crowd of blacks trying to intimidate and verbally abuse white people who are voting. And if any election is ever stolen, or if any election fraud ever occcurs you can bet it was propogated by rich white men. Blacks aren't out there caging voters, stealing or throwing away ballot boxes. Those are white Party operatives doing that shit.

i've never even given it a thought.
a cuban's opinion would matter, not mine.
and it's "would have", would've is the contraction thereof.
sorry
conan the grammarian

Well do you think that Cuba would still be under the same government it is today if Castro had been killed?

I have heard some pretty racist things come out of people since a black man became a real possibility. I can't tell you how many geezers have said "I never thought I would live to see the day a ****** would be president." Sickening! Of course these are old southern conservatives who say such things, and shouldn't be taken too seriously considering their lack of brains. Heck, they hardly matter as people... yet they have the right to vote. Scary.

Spoken like a true ignorant, elitist liberal.

That wasn't cool. However, all those men knew the risks they were taking that day and knew there was a chance they could die.

You really should see "Bowling for Columbine" though dillo.

[youtube]2Yub7Lc-lnU[/youtube]

You need to realize that the Kennedy fiasco drove Castro closer to Russia and CAUSED the Cuban missle crisis !

Minorities in any country or nation rarely get all crazy and act like assholes, unless they are pushed to the extreme. Minorities are in a position of inferiority and they don't have the power.

Think about it. Blacks spent 400 years enslaved, getting strung up from trees, and murdered for looking at a white woman. Its amazing the shit they took, and they never reacted violently to any large or sustained degree.

Blacks and hispanics also have a history of great civil rights leaders that advocated peaceful resistance and peaceful civil protest. We can thank people like Martin Luther King and Ceasar Chavez for that proud tradition.

That dude is right. You never see a crowd of blacks trying to intimidate and verbally abuse white people who are voting. And if any election is ever stolen, or if any election fraud ever occcurs you can bet it was propogated by rich white men. Blacks aren't out there caging voters, stealing or throwing away ballot boxes. Those are white Party operatives doing that shit.

Why is Marijuana Illegal?

Marijuana was banned because of racism. Not many people know that. :eusa_whistle:

You need to realize that the Kennedy fiasco drove Castro closer to Russia and CAUSED the Cuban missle crisis !

Once again, the basis of the idea and the beginning of it was all Ike.

Kennedy continued such policy.

Castro was driven closer to Russia for several reasons, not just that.

Well do you think that Cuba would still be under the same government it is today if Castro had been killed?

castro's death would have been immaterial if bay of pigs had succeeded. the purpose was to overthrow his regime so by definition it would have been a different govt.

would the cuban people have been better off? probably, if for no other reason than the us would not have emplaced an embargo and in all liklihood would have given cuba significant foreign aid to keep them out od the soviet sphere of influence.

More race baiting ? LOL damn you got the blacks and mexicans covered. Whose next ?
You're a great example of who REALLY is making a racial issue out of this election.

I'm not making a racial issue out of this election.

I was just throwing in more trivia.

Did you know that Marijuana was banned because of racism? That is not saying either republicans or democrats did it. Just in general.

Get that giant stick out of your ass, take the blinders off and just read the damn article, you might learn something.

Marijuana back then was considered the drug that "Would make a black man look at a white woman and make a black man look at a white man in the eyes twice."

This goes back to what I was saying earlier in several other threads and this one.

Once again, the basis of the idea and the beginning of it was all Ike.

Kennedy continued such policy.

Castro was driven closer to Russia for several reasons, not just that.

and the failure of execution was all kennedy. if you have a good idea and i fuck up implementing it, is that your fault?

castro's death would have been immaterial if bay of pigs had succeeded. the purpose was to overthrow his regime so by definition it would have been a different govt.

would the cuban people have been better off? probably, if for no other reason than the us would not have emplaced an embargo and in all liklihood would have given cuba significant foreign aid to keep them out od the soviet sphere of influence.

I can certainly agree with that. It would of been interesting though to see if anyone would of stood up and took Castro's place.

and the failure of execution was all kennedy. if you have a good idea and i fuck up implementing it, is that your fault?

No, but two factors must be considered.

1.) Was it a good idea in the first place?

2.) How did you fuck up implementing it?

Failure of execution was all on Kennedy, that much I can agree on. The idea itself however wasn't Kennedy's.

I think spending billions to burn weed crops and lock up pot heads like "stoner" is a waste and just makes it look like the government is actually doing something when the resources should be focused on the cocaine and heroin trade because they are much more dangerous.

Marijuana should be decriminialized. That is one of the issues where I and Sarah Palin differ on.

This is interesting right here:

War On Drugs Clock

Failure of execution was all on Kennedy, that much I can agree on. The idea itself however wasn't Kennedy's.

another factor to consider----Kennedy could have nixed the whole damn plan but that thought never seems to cross your mind.

another factor to consider----Kennedy could have nixed the whole damn plan but that thought never seems to cross your mind.

He could of nixed it. Once again, I never said the man wasn't perfect. I did say he had flaws.

more importantly, did you(or Ike in this case) intend to follow through with it?

i would argue that in the aftermath of gary powers, the only ones pushing for bay of pigs were the CIA.

i doubt very much, based on what i've read and know about eisenhower, that he would have approved it and i KNOW he wouldn't have approved it without the requisite air support. he was too good and experienced military commander to let that happen.

more importantly, did you(or Ike in this case) intend to follow through with it?

i would argue that in the aftermath of gary powers, the only ones pushing for bay of pigs were the CIA.

i doubt very much, based on what i've read and know about eisenhower, that he would have approved it and i KNOW he wouldn't have approved it without the requisite air support. he was too good and experienced military commander to let that happen.

I think if Ike went through with it, it would of had gotten done.

Forum List

Back