What pisses me off about liberal niceness in the last forty years

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
It used to be we called rape victims VICTIMS because it was true. When a woman was raped she was a victim just like when a man gets mugged he is a victim of crime. I understand that sometimes we like feel-good language that makes women who were raped feel good but it has gotten to the point where saying the word victim in this case is taboo. It is just fucking annoying that so much of our speech is distorted just because we can't hurt anyone's feelings in this country.

Pro Choice sounds so much nicer than abortion where a helpless human fetus limbs are ripped off and killed in a brutal procedure.

Pro Choice sounds so much nicer than abortion where a helpless human fetus limbs are ripped off and killed in a brutal procedure.

And america being all about "freedom" and "equality" sounds so much nicer than the reality.

Feeling victimized, eh?
I just hate the fact that we can't say certain words anymore to describe certain situations.
It's still the United States. I know of no law that's rescinded your freedom of speech. I think the problem you have is that you're bristling at other people's freedom of speech. If that makes you feel like you can't speak, I feel sorry for you.

It used to be we called rape victims VICTIMS because it was true. When a woman was raped she was a victim just like when a man gets mugged he is a victim of crime. I understand that sometimes we like feel-good language that makes women who were raped feel good but it has gotten to the point where saying the word victim in this case is taboo. It is just fucking annoying that so much of our speech is distorted just because we can't hurt anyone's feelings in this country.

Link?

Yes. I prefer more honest descriptions myself, such as dismemberment and vivisection.

Feeling victimized, eh? :cool-45:

I just hate the fact that we can't say certain words anymore to describe certain situations.

Let me help you.

Repeat after me, "Islamic terrorism" Come on, just because you say it does not mean you are a bigot, it just means you have two eyes and a brain and refuse to live in fantasy land.

Next, say "Hillary is a lying criminal". Remember, you can do this!! You can still vote for her if you like, but to hold back the truth simply is not healthy.

Let me help you. Repeat after me, "Islamic terrorism" Come on, just because you say it does not mean you are a bigot, it just means you have two eyes and a brain and refuse to live in fantasy land. Next, say "Hillary is a lying criminal". Remember, you can do this!! You can still vote for her if you like, but to hold back the truth simply is not healthy.
Nice of you to help out catatonic wingnuts, but the real problem is that they're still allowed to vote.

Let me help you. Repeat after me, "Islamic terrorism" Come on, just because you say it does not mean you are a bigot, it just means you have two eyes and a brain and refuse to live in fantasy land. Next, say "Hillary is a lying criminal". Remember, you can do this!! You can still vote for her if you like, but to hold back the truth simply is not healthy.
Nice of you to help out catatonic wingnuts, but the real problem is that they're still allowed to vote.

Who cares about voting? Hillary showed us how it is all rigged.

Forum List

Back