what percentage of the teachers you had through high school, were really good ?

what percentage of teachers you had through high school were really good ??

• 75-100 %

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • 50-75 %

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • 25-50 %

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • 10 to 20 %

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • less than 10 %

Votes: 9 36.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Very few grad students should be permitted to teach frosh classes; they just are not experienced and or trained enough. I am guessing, but I would put think the full time community college instructors around the country are much better than the great majority of professors/grad students in first two years at the universities.

I found it was the attitude of the teachers that made the difference. I could handle the material easily enough, but their habits of humiliating students were very unsettling. I was a target one time and in my favorite subject, Math. From that point on, I couldn't remember my name in that class!

I dropped the idea of taking calculus and my plans of the future from that ordeal. I might have been shy, but I hadn't deserved standing at the board with my nose in a circle and ruining my future for chewing gum. Guess it was meant to be, lol. I loved being a teacher. a successful one who is fair rather than an astonomer.

Poll is closed so I couldn't vote.

Most were good to excellent...my 9th grade Algebra teacher wanted to be a friend, not a teacher (just out of college) so not so good. Night before the Regents, my father sat me down and taught me in 2 hours what he couldn't all year...got a 92% on the Regents while barely passing all year. He went back to school the next year...he did say he wanted to be a professional student.

And my 11th grade Trig teacher was the football coach...that was a MUCH higher priority for him, so not a great teacher. Besides that, our district had pretty good teachers and lot of parental support.

Now, unfortunately, it's golf courses and yuppieville and the district enables spoiled brats.

Forum List

Back