What percentage of meso-Americans would vote republican with this platform?

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
What percentage of Meso-Americans from the south believe in Limited government and checks and balances as our constitution lays out? What percentage of them could be converted into Americans that would defend our constitution?

Let's say we have a platform for limited government, freedom and jobs in 2016. Remove the pro-life platform and anti-gay platform(remove many social issues).

Let women have their birth control
Let gays marry

Redouble around state rights and human freedoms. Hell, jump on the pro-pot bandwagon!

Rolling back welfare.

What percentage of Meso-Americans from the south believe in Limited government and checks and balances as our constitution lays out? What percentage of them could be converted into Americans that would defend our constitution?

Let's say we have a platform for limited government, freedom and jobs in 2016. Remove the pro-life platform and anti-gay platform(remove many social issues).

Let gays marry

Redouble around state rights and human freedoms. Hell, jump on the pro-pot bandwagon!

Rolling back welfare.

In 2004 Bush won 44% of the Latino vote without doing any of that. If Romney had won that percentage, he would probably have won the election.

Let gays marry

Rolling back welfare.

Take all of the above, and sprinkle in a pinch of recommitting support for local and state police......and absolutely I'd be in. I'd also like a bit of animal rights advocacy. Im a big time believe in we share this world with other creatures, it's their world too.

Do all that, and the right wing gets me back. I seriously doubt it'll happen though. The right has become too entrenched in certain things to do all that.

Every time I hear a right winger say "limited government", it sickens me. They want government all over our private lives and even stick things into women, so sick.

And yet, where we need government, keeping our country clean and safe and our people educated, they want to cut that. Remember Mitt? Fewer police, firemen and teachers?

The current right wing is a pox on this country. If we survived Bush, we can survive this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Every time I hear a right winger say "limited government", it sickens me. They want government all over our private lives and even stick things into women, so sick.

And yet, where we need government, keeping our country clean and safe and out people educated, they want to cut that. Remember Mitt? Fewer police, firemen and teachers?

The current right wing is a pox on this country. If we survived Bush, we can survive this.

They want government to be inside our bedrooms, and spending trillions outside our borders to build schools, train cops, bomb the shit out of people.

But, they hate any government that is:

A) Inside our borders
B) Outside our bedrooms
:lol:

The far right wing mind is a unique, interesting thing. It values nothing but power and money. Thats why it loves the military: Exert power on others, and keep stable a society where they can get rich. But they HATE cops. Why? Because while they love power, it short circuits their minds to think that they make $300,000 or $3 million a year......yet, the street cop making $50,000 a year literally has more power over him. He makes so much less money, how does he have so much more power?

Add to that the right wing mind who wants the govt power to keep weed illegal, while railing against "liberal efforts to pass smoking bans in restuarants". Imagine that. They rally against cigarette bans, but then, proudly support weed bans.

And yet, where we need government, keeping our country clean and safe and out people educated, they want to cut that. Remember Mitt? Fewer police, firemen and teachers?

Most of the right wing posters were delirious with joy about Romney winning. This was tuesday when all the evidence was against a Romney win. and hey, what a loser Nate Silver was. You'd think they'd shut up for a couple weeks, embarrassed about being so stupid but not a chance. Now they're experts on the glory of tax cuts.

Most of the right wing posters were delirious with joy about Romney winning. This was tuesday when all the evidence was against a Romney win. and hey, what a loser Nate Silver was. You'd think they'd shut up for a couple weeks, embarrassed about being so stupid but not a chance. Now they're experts on the glory of tax cuts.

Tax cuts. Their ONLY economic policy. One proven not to work again and again.

I have a breaking and urgent news story. Both parties want into your lives. Full stop. Democrats want into your wallet slightly more than Republicans. Both parties want to make your choices for you though. Gay and wanna get married? Nope. Healthy and don't wanna pay for healthcare? Nope. Wanna go work somewhere else in the world and keep all your money? Nope.

I have a breaking and urgent news story. Both parties want into your lives. Full stop. Democrats want into your wallet slightly more than Republicans. Both parties want to make your choices for you though. Gay and wanna get married? Nope. Healthy and don't wanna pay for healthcare? Nope. Wanna go work somewhere else in the world and keep all your money? Nope.

When Democrats are in charge, wealth is created for everyone.

When Republicans are in charge, wealth is redistributed from the bottom and middle UP.

We know this from "data and study and records", things Republicans don't believe are worth anything of value and are usually full of lies unless they come from Fox or the Heritage Foundation.

Forum List

Back