What Party is this?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Navy1960, Nov 14, 2009.

1. Navy1960

Navy1960 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    What Party would this be;

1.) Fiscally Conservative , believes in a balanced budget Amendment
    2.) Believes in Smaller Govt. and one that performs it's constitutional duties and is held accountable when Govt. goes outside it's constitutional limits.
    3.) Strong on Defense, believes that Americans defense and the defense of our friend(s) should always be storng and able to respond to any situation that may arise in the world.
    4.) Believes that the Govt. has no right to intrude on State authority in matters that are outside the constitution.
    5.) Believes that all matters of a personal nature belong to the People, and Govt. should NEVER interfere or make laws that interfere with that.
    6.) Believes that congressional members should not be career members.
    7.) Believes in a stong, free, and healthy market based economy, one in which the Govt. carefully regulates to insure that the the people are protected.
    8.)Believes that taxes should be fair and equal for all citizens and as such should be based on a flat percentage of income across the board.
    9.) Believes that all tax monies expended by the the Govt. should be accounted for to the people.
    10.) Believes that those tax dollars expended for purchases by the Fed. Govt. should whenever possible be spent on American Products.
    11.)Believes that ALL energy resources in this nation should be used to end our dependence on foreign oil, including nuclear, wind, solar, bio-mass, natural gas, oil, clean coal, etc. Furhter we believe that this energy can be produced in an environmentally sensitive manner.
    12.) Believes that low cost healthcare insurance for all Americans can be acheived with the application of sensible fiscal policy, sensible regulation, reforming Medicare as well as free market solutions.

I just thought this would be sort of a fun exercise , to see what party people think this is.

2. Si modo

Si modo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,703
    My party. Fits me to a T. Of course, I am a neocon, too.

3. Navy1960

Navy1960 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    So that said then do you believe T that the Republican Party or Democrat Party is that party?

4. Si modo

Si modo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,703
    Neither right now, but more likely it could be the GOP if they let go of feeling some need to pander to the religious right.

5. Care4all

Care4all Warrior Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,098
    Libertarian, would be my guess

or a mixture of a bunch of parties?

6. johnrocks

johnrocks Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +279
    Except for the "defending of our friends" part, that's not part of the Constitutional duties of our govt. anyway.

7. Si modo

Si modo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,703
    If I'm not mistaken, there are a few items that would not sit well with the Libertarians.

8. amrchaos

amrchaos Pentheus torn apart

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,573

The Libertarian party--who else could it be??

9. Navy1960

Navy1960 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    Let me say this, I honestly don't think one party or the other represents that above. In fact while the Republican party has a few more of those than the Democrats do, the new version that has been in power is very hard to tell the difference when it comes to this free spending, debt crushing, large Govt. tax and spend version we have now. One thing that bothers me as well, you see the Stupak Amendment in the healthcare bill that limits abortion funding, and then you see the reaction as a result of it. The claims are it's limiting choice, well, what do you think those mandates do. In my humble opinion your either in favor of the 10th amendment or your not. Those are rights given to the people, and the Govt. should not be selective and should not be in the business of making laws taxing, spending, or regulating any personal matter of choice. This is why Si, I'm of the opinion that this nation is in desperate need of a viable 3rd party. Take for instance the healthcare debate in general, I have no issue with anyone who wants to advocate for low cost insurnace , but it seems rather silly to advocate for setting up a new department when A. we are in debt and B. we already have a department that does that, to do the same thing and cost even more money. That seems so irresponsible. to me..

10. amrchaos

amrchaos Pentheus torn apart

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,573
    I guess that number 3 could be a problem--throw it out,and who is left?