What Our Military Is About

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Protecting family and friends.
A sailor meets his child for the first time.
DRQTQsiW0AAwmX--600x600.jpg

I was an ET3 when I was enlisted. I never could figure out why our rating insignia was a helium atom.
My guess would be Rickover invisioned everything being nuclear in the Navy.

Ironically, I was a nuke ET, which were reactor operators. Surface conventional ETs fixed radios and surface search radar systems. I was training to do all three! Sub ETs worked the navigation systems and were known as NAV ETs.

When I was a midshipman on board a boomer, the Radiomen on subs fixed their own radios so they were trained just like ETs. I actually helped them fix one of our HF radios and got an "attaboy" from the CO. It is not too often that a middy is a trained ET.

I was an ET3 when I was enlisted. I never could figure out why our rating insignia was a helium atom.
You know... electrons - electronics. Plus, it's a lot easier to embroider a Helium atom than Plutonium would be. I couldn't figure out the flying barstool insignia for AQ.

You obviously know very little about the rating. That's a stereoscopic rangefinder also found in the Fire Controlman (FC) rating. My first division were the Fire Controlman for the missile system on my guided missile cruiser.

You know... electrons - electronics. Plus, it's a lot easier to embroider a Helium atom than Plutonium would be. I couldn't figure out the flying barstool insignia for AQ.

You obviously know very little about the rating. That's a stereoscopic rangefinder also found in the Fire Controlman (FC) rating. My first division were the Fire Controlman for the missile system on my guided missile cruiser.
I was trying to make a funny. I know what the rating is - I was an AQ2, long before they merged all the avionics ratings to AT.

I was trying to make a funny. I know what the rating is - I was an AQ2, long before they merged all the avionics ratings to AT.

That's the problem when liberals make jokes. WE don't know whether you are serious or not because when you are serious, it sounds like a joke!

That's the problem when liberals make jokes. WE don't know whether you are serious or not because when you are serious, it sounds like a joke!
Lighten up, Francis.

Forum List

Back