What other times is it okay to not show up and do your job.

Of course, following the rules and the law is overreaching.

The only poll that legally matters is the election last November.

And here is Senate Rule 16, which the Dems are violating:

Senate Rule 16. Leave of absence. Members of the senate shall not absent themselves from the session during the entire day without first having obtained leave of absence. Such leave may be granted by a majority vote of the senate at any time.

Rules of the Wisconsin Senate

I guess Rav forgot that they have rules.

"Rules. We don't need no stinking rules."

I hope they throw whatever book they can at those gutless wonder Dems if and when they decide to come back and do the job they were elected to do. I guess they only represent the union members and not the rest of the citizen. Selective representation at its best.

When's it okay?

When it's a nice day outside and you call in sick to go out fishing.

Fishing is good
Golf is always a valid reason
Bad Hangover
Opening day of Baseball season
Opening day of Hunting season

I recall it wasn't that long ago that conservatives were arguing that a pharmacist had the right to refuse a doctor's orders based on ethical grounds.

Seems to me that you have an obligation not to do your job when you feel it is morally unacceptable to do so. That doesn't protect you from the consequences of not doing your job, but it allows you to make peace with your God.

If the Wisconsin democrats feel that allowing quorum is morally unacceptable, good on them for denying it. There will be consequences of course, but enduring the consequences for doing what you feel is right is the true test of character.

They're doing their jobs.

The resolution is a farce and sounds as if the Republicans are getting ready to saddle up a posse and use deadly force.

No they are not. They are violating the will of the voters by not showing up to debate and vote on legislation.

Dictator Walker has stated time and time again there is NO DEBATE!!!! So I ask you how they can show up for a debate when there is none to be had?

I recall it wasn't that long ago that conservatives were arguing that a pharmacist had the right to refuse a doctor's orders based on ethical grounds.

Seems to me that you have an obligation not to do your job when you feel it is morally unacceptable to do so. That doesn't protect you from the consequences of not doing your job, but it allows you to make peace with your God.

If the Wisconsin democrats feel that allowing quorum is morally unacceptable, good on them for denying it. There will be consequences of course, but enduring the consequences for doing what you feel is right is the true test of character.
Exactly.

The discomfort that these absent DEMS is causing some of you really cracks me up.

Forum List

Back