What of the Muslim Brotherhood?

JimH52

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2007
US
Muslim Brotherhood's key role in Egypt - CNN.com

This is very interesting. I still think the influence of Iran and the moderating "Brotherhood" can still steal the Democratic movement from the Egyptian people. There is very little that the US can do about it, other than to threaten withholding of foreign aid. The Egyptian Army holds the keys. They will need to control the influence of the Brotherhood as the eventual elections draw near. I have faith that they will do just that, but anything can happen. Kinda scary....

the last elections that we have meddled in have results in hezbollah, hamas, and pro-iran grouips in iraq being elected. we should stay out of it

also we own egypt's military

the last elections that we have meddled in have results in hezbollah, hamas, and pro-iran grouips in iraq being elected. we should stay out of it

also we own egypt's military

We may fund the Egyptian military, but we do not own it. I have confidence that the Army will preserve the Democratic push, but it is by no means a forgone conclusion, at this point.
Do you think Iran isn't trying to find some way to influence the ruling military? Oh, they most certainly are.

what happens in egypt will affect the united states profoundly HOWEVER what goes on in an arab sovereign country is none of our business. it's about time the world sees the US for what our government is... a bunch of arrogant scumbags who care only about padding their bank accounts and misinform and misuse the citizens they so 'represent'

Forum List

Back