What Obama Should Say Tuesday Night

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
and at the end of this speech he should sign off by saying, I RESIGN.

SNIP:

My fellow Americans: Events of the past 55 days have taught me some valuable lessons about leadership and I'd like to share those with you tonight.

When the Deepwater Horizons rig blew up and spawned a terrible oil spill on April 22, my administration's response was conditioned by decades of liberal and leftist thinking about business and government. My background in academia and community activism had never exposed me to the basics of making business decisions or to the fundamentals of a market economy. To the contrary, my friends on the left and I tended to see businessmen, doctors, bankers -- pretty much anyone who made a profit -- as selfish creeps. "There comes a point when you've made enough money" I scolded, when urging passage of a financial reform bill.

So when the oil spill became a national story, our instinct was to bash the company. "I am angry and frustrated that BP has been unable to stop the leak," Interior Secretary Ken Salazar complained. "We're 33 days in ... and deadline after deadline has been missed." Salazar seemed to believe that BP, which was losing millions of dollars a day, had lost half its market capitalization since April, and was potentially facing ruin if the spill could not be contained, somehow lacked a sense of urgency. "We're keeping our boot on the neck of BP," Salazar assured members of Congress.

Going beyond rhetorical overkill, Attorney General Eric Holder announced that the Justice Department had opened a criminal probe into the oil spill -- though without offering a shred of evidence that any laws had been broken.

I piled on, offering that I would have fired Tony Hayward if he had been working for me, and allowing as how I was studying whose derriere to kick. And this leads me to the other problem with our approach.

Because my party and I have a quasi-religious belief in the power of government, I rushed to position myself as the responsible party in this crisis. "I'm the president and the buck stops with me," I intoned. "It is my job to make sure that everything is done to shut this down" ... "I ultimately take responsibility for solving this crisis."

read it all and comments here.
Mona Charen : What Obama Should Say Tuesday Night - Townhall.com

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
Damn you Stephanie!!!!!

I saw the title, and cleverly clicked to say exactly that, then read your words in red type.

Yes. He should begin and end with 3 sentences:

"My fellow Americans, I humbly come to you tonight to say that I am in way over my head, I was ill-prepared for this job, and had no clue just how difficult it was. I resign immediately. Oh, and to George W. Bush.....I'm sorry, I had no idea how hard this job was while I was bashing you."

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
Damn you Stephanie!!!!!

I saw the title, and cleverly clicked to say exactly that, then read your words in red type.

Yes. He should begin and end with 3 sentences:

"My fellow Americans, I humbly come to you tonight to say that I am in way over my head, I was ill-prepared for this job, and had no clue just how difficult it was. I resign immediately. Oh, and to George W. Bush.....I'm sorry, I had no idea how hard this job was while I was bashing you."

:thup:

My fellow Americans .... I lied. It IS all about me!

My fellow Americans .... I am a Muslim sympathizer.

My fellow Americans .... I am no longer treading water ... I am drowning.

My fellow Americans .... I am not a leader. I just pretend to be on on television.

My fellow Americans... Have patience. It's only day 58 and my puppet masters have not yet told me whose ass I should kick.

In all seriousness, I can't think of a thing that Obama can say that will improve anything. The television time would be better spent teaching the populace how to wash oil off animals.

and at the end of this speech he should sign off by saying, I RESIGN.

SNIP:

My fellow Americans: Events of the past 55 days have taught me some valuable lessons about leadership and I'd like to share those with you tonight.

When the Deepwater Horizons rig blew up and spawned a terrible oil spill on April 22, my administration's response was conditioned by decades of liberal and leftist thinking about business and government. My background in academia and community activism had never exposed me to the basics of making business decisions or to the fundamentals of a market economy. To the contrary, my friends on the left and I tended to see businessmen, doctors, bankers -- pretty much anyone who made a profit -- as selfish creeps. "There comes a point when you've made enough money" I scolded, when urging passage of a financial reform bill.

So when the oil spill became a national story, our instinct was to bash the company. "I am angry and frustrated that BP has been unable to stop the leak," Interior Secretary Ken Salazar complained. "We're 33 days in ... and deadline after deadline has been missed." Salazar seemed to believe that BP, which was losing millions of dollars a day, had lost half its market capitalization since April, and was potentially facing ruin if the spill could not be contained, somehow lacked a sense of urgency. "We're keeping our boot on the neck of BP," Salazar assured members of Congress.

Going beyond rhetorical overkill, Attorney General Eric Holder announced that the Justice Department had opened a criminal probe into the oil spill -- though without offering a shred of evidence that any laws had been broken.

I piled on, offering that I would have fired Tony Hayward if he had been working for me, and allowing as how I was studying whose derriere to kick. And this leads me to the other problem with our approach.

Because my party and I have a quasi-religious belief in the power of government, I rushed to position myself as the responsible party in this crisis. "I'm the president and the buck stops with me," I intoned. "It is my job to make sure that everything is done to shut this down" ... "I ultimately take responsibility for solving this crisis."

read it all and comments here.
Mona Charen : What Obama Should Say Tuesday Night - Townhall.com

I quit

To my friends in Las Vegas, I say double or nothing on Chevron?

First of all I'd like to invite Harry and Nancy to the podium. America, I would like to leave office knowing I truly helped the nation. *Grasps Pelosi and Reid's hands* *Handcuffs one to the other* *Pulls pin on hand grenade* Allah Akbar!.

To my friends in Las Vegas, I say double or nothing on Chevron?

First of all I'd like to invite Harry and Nancy to the podium. America, I would like to leave office knowing I truly helped the nation. *Grasps Pelosi and Reid's hands* *Handcuffs one to the other* *Pulls pin on hand grenade* Allah Akbar!.
You must spread some reputation around before giving it to saveliberty again.

:lol:

I know what he's going to say.

Obama_TrustMe_thumb%5B1%5D.jpg

Then obama should hold up a piece of paper, declare that it is his kenyan birth certificate, then outlaw the US flag and make Bill Ayers the acting Teabag-Leader per decree.

What should Owe Bama say tonight? Well, if he was honest he would say, "Ladies and gentlemen, I don't have a fucking clue how to stop the oil leaking into the Gulf. Neither does anybody else. We're working on it as best we can. Now, not only do I not know how to stop the leak, I don't have a clue as to how to be a good President for America. That is why, immediately after this little chat, I am going to resign and let Joe "Jabber Jaws" Biden have his turn at being President. He doesn't have a clue how to be a good President either but at least very funny shit comes out of his mouth everytime he gives a speech."

I don't see how he should resign over the BP spill.

Absolutely, when there are so many other good reasons that already existed for his departure. The straw that broke the camels back sort of thing I guess.

Forum List

Back