What Obama Needs to Carry This Elections

It isn't a question of whether the conservative Christians like Romney or not. The question is whether conservative Christians will elect someone who supports same sex marriage and gun control.

It isn't a question of whether the conservative Christians like Romney or not. The question is whether conservative Christians will elect someone who supports same sex marriage and gun control.

No. It was never a question of whether they would vote for Obama (they won't). The issue is whether they will vote at all, or if they will vote for a 3rd party candidate such as Gary Johnson, or if they will hold their noses and vote for Romney. If they don't vote, or they vote 3rd party, Romney loses.

No, I don't believe voters from either party are enthusiastic this year, so overall voting will be down, in both parties.

I think you're sadly mistaken, Catz...there is a high level of unhappiness with this President's performance with Republicans that I think will send them to the polls. The problem that progressives are looking at is a lack of enthusiasm in the voting blocs that gave Obama his big win in 2008...record voter turnouts among blacks and young voters...two demographics that have been hit especially hard by the Obama Economy. I don't think they're going to turn out for Barry this time because quite frankly he didn't deliver for THEM.

I don't think that the core conservative base is enthused by Romney. And, conservative Christians don't like him.

Romney is the conservative equivalent of John Kerry. He's a spandex-wearing windsurfing elitist with no discernible personality or charisma. Obama can blame the evil conservatives for killing his job bill and do this: Late Night with Jimmy Fallon - Slow Jam The News with Barack Obama (4/24/12) - Video - NBC.com

He is a tremendously likeable guy within his base, who doesn't like or trust the republicans who have stepped on their dicks in a thousand different ways in the past 4 years. So, I think you're overestimating the degree of support for Romney and his odds of beating Obama.

With all due respect...John Kerry was a life long politician with zero experience in the Private Sector. Romney on the other hand was incredibly successful both as a CEO of a company and as the organizer of the Salt Lake Olympics. Obama is much more similar to Kerry than Romney will ever be. He also is a life long politician with zero experience in the Private Sector.

Do you REALLY think I'm overestimating the level of dislike that Republicans feel for this President? I beg to differ. I think Barack Obama's "unfavorable" numbers have been rock solid with most Republicans for several years now. They'll turn out to vote against him because they don't think he's competent and don't want to see him in the Oval Office for another four years.

And let's be honest...Obama's jobs bill was a joke right from the start....something that he put out strictly as a re-election ploy...something that he knew he couldn't even get moderates in his own party to support.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back