What oath do Senators take?

• Thread starter DawntreaderView
  • Start date
D

DawntreaderView

Hello all,

I thought all United States Senators as the President of the United States as well as every person who serves in our military took an oath to uphold and protect the Constitution.

If that is true do not all who take the oath have to know what the Constitution says?

And if one is a Senator, i.e. Tom Harkin, Senator of Iowa know he is not allowed to enact a law restricting speech? In this case what Rush Limbaugh does is actually speech unlike what artists pretend to do in creating filth?

I thnk I am crueless, am I? Help, I'm drowning in the stupidity of Liberals. Patrick

not sure about this but I think the armed forces lose some personal rights when they enlist. Don't think Harkins proposal will go very far anyway.

Originally posted by dilloduck
not sure about this but I think the armed forces lose some personal rights when they enlist. Don't think Harkins proposal will go very far anyway.

Yep, military personnel do give up many of their rights when they enlist. Once in the military you fall under the Uniform Code of Military Justice. However, that doesn't protect you from local laws in most instances. As far as free speech and such goes, once in the military you give up those rights to an extent. Insubordination is a good example!

Forum List

Back