What now Obama? Early Results in Egypt Show a Mandate for Islamists

So you suggest a 100% reactionary stand?

Speaking of #1, would you consider the horrors on humanity that have been committed in the name of Islamic Jihad a "war crime"? If yes, then why should we not attempt to halt the spread of radical Islam? If no, then, well, why not? Islamic radicals have started a WAR. They are at WAR with the West. They kill their teenage daughters in "honor killings" for crimes like wearing a skirt and lipstick. They kill gays for being gay. They stone women to death for the crime of being a rape victim.

And you say there is no reason to stop the spread of that ideology?

What are you comparing Islamic "Horrors" too? Just so we have a benchmark.

Personally..I hate theocracies..the Nazis were mixing government with religion and it had horrible results. And history shows that religion is a terrible way to go in terms of governance. You get things like the inquistion, the crusades and the holocaust. But if that's what people want to do..have at it. But they must adhere to international law.

- Beheading non-believers
- Stoning women to death for being raped
- Killing teenage daughters for dating or wearing skimpy clothes
- Blowing up masses of innocent people in cafes, markets, buses
- Killing gays, for being gay, banning their existence
- Trying to wipe Jews off the map

Just a sampling of the Religion of Peace in action.

What I mean as a benchmark..is in comparison to what other religion?

Seems that the major three have a lot of blood on their hands.

What are you comparing Islamic "Horrors" too? Just so we have a benchmark.

Personally..I hate theocracies..the Nazis were mixing government with religion and it had horrible results. And history shows that religion is a terrible way to go in terms of governance. You get things like the inquistion, the crusades and the holocaust. But if that's what people want to do..have at it. But they must adhere to international law.

Ah, I see. True, religions do often have blood in it's past. The main difference is every other religion seems to have evolved out of the Dark Ages and into a more modern, peaceful version. Islam has not. It has grown more wicked, more violent as time goes on. It truly is like the 1930's when we see mass evil brewing....but are hesitant to truly stop it until its too late.

This shit in Iran, Egypt, Syria, etc, is gonna shock the world as we know it. I fear it's probably too late to stop it. It may be a few years off, but hell is gonna set loose over there.

Ah, I see. True, religions do often have blood in it's past. The main difference is every other religion seems to have evolved out of the Dark Ages and into a more modern, peaceful version. Islam has not. It has grown more wicked, more violent as time goes on. It truly is like the 1930's when we see mass evil brewing....but are hesitant to truly stop it until its too late.

This shit in Iran, Egypt, Syria, etc, is gonna shock the world as we know it. I fear it's probably too late to stop it. It may be a few years off, but hell is gonna set loose over there.

How do you propose to "stop" it?

Basically..in this case..radical islam rose up not because of any religious dogma, but because of repressive secular strongmen. Anything like that often causes people to become very angry..and that causes the governments of these strongmen to seek out the angry people and kill them. But more often then not..many of these strongmen won't violate the sanctity of the houses of worship of the religion of the majority. And that's where the radicals start to hide. And that's why you see this happening. Radicals colluded with clerics to fight their governments. And the people who put these governments in place.

Basically..in this case..radical islam rose up not because of any religious dogma, but because of repressive secular strongmen. Anything like that often causes people to become very angry..and that causes the governments of these strongmen to seek out the angry people and kill them. But more often then not..many of these strongmen won't violate the sanctity of the houses of worship of the religion of the majority. And that's where the radicals start to hide. And that's why you see this happening. Radicals colluded with clerics to fight their governments. And the people who put these governments in place.

Hmm. That was well put, good dialogue. I can see how that would evolve. So...we're basically stuck with either supporting the strongman who is pissing them off....or allowing it all to fall apart and watch the crazies take power? Neither is really a good option.

For one, I'm a bit of a protectionist. I hate that our borders are so open. I believe we can do 10X more to protect our homeland from radical Islam than we are doing. I'd also pull the military out of Germany. Not need there anymore. Focus them on the more urgent threat. I'd drill as much of our own oil as possible. Keep our resources for us. Instead, China is getting a lot of the oil in our general area.

But that indeed is a tough choice: The strongmen, or the radicals. Pick a poison I suppose.

Obama was just following in the footsteps of Bush and the Republicans who liberated Iraq which has been a shining example for other countries to follow.....not really, but this is what Republicans promised us.

Republicans also let Iraq set up a Constitution that would not violate Islam. From the Iraqi Constitution:

Article 2:

First: Islam is the official religion of the State and it is a fundamental source of legislation:

A. No law that contradicts the established provisions of Islam may be established.

You don't know anything...

The Muslim Brotherhood didn't "rise" - It was always there and now they have an opportunity in the middle of anarchy to coup the nation..

The Muslim Brotherhood is an organization with lots of money and they bought a new government...

Obama was just following in the footsteps of Bush and the Republicans who liberated Iraq which has been a shining example for other countries to follow.....not really, but this is what Republicans promised us.

Republicans also let Iraq set up a Constitution that would not violate Islam. From the Iraqi Constitution:

Article 2:

First: Islam is the official religion of the State and it is a fundamental source of legislation:

A. No law that contradicts the established provisions of Islam may be established.

Iraq is a lot better now then it was with Saddam in power...

Saddam was a totalitarian lunatic bully that made examples out of anyone who opposed him.

Presently the country would be a lot better if we just got the fuck out of there...

Obama set up an Islamic theocracy in Egypt....

A study indicated that US front line Troops in Afghanistan can't get helicopter and artillery support when they need it while Barry's (NATO) bombers are busy paving the way for the muslem brotherhood victory in Egypt ande Libya. What's wrong with this picture?

Forum List

Back