What?! No Debate thread?

If I had to score them:

1. Newt
2. Romney
3. Santorum
4. Perry
5. Paul

But the reality is, there was Newt...and far below was everyone else.

YMMV.

I like newt but I have to give the debate win to Romney, overall.
Only because he played more to the majority.

Nothing happened tonight that made me change my mind from voting Gingrich in our Primary, though

They got tired of picking up their fellow soldiers body parts for the last 8 years, LL. Cut them some slack. They haven't had enough time back home, and they've seen harsh things done to their friends and buds, and it's wearing them.

And while I'll agree with you that in the grand skeem of things what the soldiers is not a horrifying war crime

But what the soldiers who did that act had done is to make it much easier for the Groups like the Taliban and Al qaeda to say to the Arab world that this is what the US thinks of you and your culture

I'd also like to acknowledge that awesome SC audience. They had rational conservatives everywhere faceplaming HARD.

I think he runs the Country like Italian Cruise Ship Captains, take care of their Passengers.

Showboating and being the first to run for cover. This was at least the 3rd time I can remember Italian crews being the first to run, abandoning the passengers. Disappointing.
Yes, there's a lot of craven going on in the world. I have no use for those who damn our soldiers after running the nation into the pits with the very worst governance in the history of the nation.

I agree. We need to Guard them and redirect that negative energy, as much for them, as us, and our image. Some mistakes are too easy to make, yet living with them, ends up being too much to bear.
I well know right from wrong, but using a handful of average American soldiers on an international whipping boy podium leaves a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach.

Nobody protected our fellas from death and dismemberment by people who will be richly rewarded by the mullahs around the Middle East who likely were relieved when Saddam and a few other terror sponsors fell from power.

I'm sorry Americans were used in that sinister way. Even if they did screw up, it's a matter that should have been handled with more discretion than from an international Bullhorn in a Washington DC photo op.

They got tired of picking up their fellow soldiers body parts for the last 8 years, LL. Cut them some slack. They haven't had enough time back home, and they've seen harsh things done to their friends and buds, and it's wearing them.
And while I'll agree with you that in the grand skeem of things what the soldiers is not a horrifying war crime

But what the soldiers who did that act had done is to make it much easier for the Groups like the Taliban and Al qaeda to say to the Arab world that this is what the US thinks of you and your culture
Our men have shell shock. They need medical treatment. They don't need to be paraded before the entire world and picked to death by scarecrows.

But it's too late now. That decision was already made by people who have absolutely, positively, not one whit of respect for the Constitution that should be protecting Americans, not putting them into international prison by the lying mouth of one who has lied, obfuscated, and omitted the truth from a United States Grand Jury.

Time to nitpick: Perry said his state (Texas) has the longest border. Alaska's border with Canada is substantially longer, and has certain issues associated with it as well.

are there 43 thousand dead people just across the Canadian border that we don't know about?

1# Ron Paul-everything was out of the park, but the race one. IF YOU DO A CRIME YOU SHOULD SERVE YOUR TIME. If blacks don't respect the law and break it, who's fault is it? Not whiteys or anyone besides them. That is called being treated equally. Honest to goodnest to let a group off light would promote only bad and more crime...Lets not ask to be treated better.Paul was right about everything else he said. Out of the park! Right about defense, right about our rights and right about the over reach of the government!

2# Newt Gingrich...SSI and his idea's on reducing the government were pretty good.

3# Mitt Romney...Did fairly good and was honest, but could of done far better in defending his record. I liked his idea's on the border!

4# Santorum...Sounded butt hurt, but had some good idea's.

I expect for S.Carolina this debate did.
Ron Paul gained 2-3 points
Newt gained 2-3 points
Mitt Romney lost 2 points
Sandorum holds.

Last edited:
1# Ron Paul-everything was out of the park, but the race one. IF YOU DO A CRIME YOU SHOULD SERVE YOUR TIME. If blacks don't respect the law and break it, who's fault is it? Not whiteys or anyone besides them. That is called being treated equally. Honest to goodnest to let a group off light would promote only bad and more crime...Lets not ask to be treated better.Paul was right about everything else he said. Out of the park! Right about defense, right about our rights and right about the over reach of the government!

2# Newt Gingrich...SSI and his idea's on reducing the government were pretty good.

3# Mitt Romney...Did fairly good and was honest, but could of done far better in defending his record. I liked his idea's on the border!

4# Santorum...Sounded butt hurt, but had some good idea's.

I expect for S.Carolina this debate did.
Ron Paul gained 2-3 points
Newt gained 2-3 points
Mitt Romney lost 2 points
Sandorum holds.
I sincerely like if not love Ron Paul, but while he is willing to punish those over here who do crimes to the American people, he is not willing enough to punish those abroad who surely have and will hurt masses of Americans by dehumanization using Allah to hoodwink uneducated people into hating us. That paints a big bullseye target on every American crossing American borders to anywhere else. For that reason, Ron Paul will not be upholding his end of the Constitution of providing for the common defense. We need a leader who is unafraid of craven cowards like alQaeda, brainwashed from the cradle to hate American citizens and threaten them with homicide bombings. The best of people do not always a fierce and protective leader make as do not the worst, who plot cowardice into foreign affairs. We need a regular guy out there letting world-class bullies know they will have consequences and the full consequences of our troops if they think they can murder Americans at will using false religion to kill us. That ain't Obama, and that ain't Ron Paul.

We've brought food and financial support to everyone in the world who is hungry. In return, some think that shows weakness and plot to murder us in fits of hatred and jealousy.

Tough bananas.

We need a guy to tell them plainly, tough bananas. As nice a guy as he is and as much as I like him, that just ain't Saint Ron Paul.

My apologies to those who think he's the greatest.

Weakness doesn't work. That's what we have in the White House right now. It's cost people their jobs, their ability to afford transportation, their safety abroad.

Over there, there are sea captains who abandon ship on our elderly. We need somebody to scare the shit out of cowards and make 'em do right by our people who are rewarding their efforts, not meeting a horrible death by drowning.

Last edited:
If I had to score them:

1. Newt
2. Romney
3. Santorum
4. Perry
5. Paul

YMMV.

Nothing happened tonight that made me change my mind from voting Gingrich in our Primary, though
Well, if you're seriously thinking of voting for Gingrich, I might start taking him seriously, which means I have a lot of reading to do. I did later go back and watch the debate, and he certainly ruled the roost last night in the behalf of the American people, in spite of my worries about him.

If I had to score them:

1. Newt
2. Romney
3. Santorum
4. Perry
5. Paul

YMMV.

Well, if you're seriously thinking of voting for Gingrich, I might start taking him seriously, which means I have a lot of reading to do. I did later go back and watch the debate, and he certainly ruled the roost last night in the behalf of the American people, in spite of my worries about him.

Newt won the debate FOR ME but that's because I'm pretty far right.

I just thought, as far as the (R) majority goes, Romney won more minds last night.

Forum List

Back