What newspapers do you read?

Blagger

Rookie
Sep 8, 2010
Under your skin.
Now, I know a lot of people (myself included) read the majority of their news online these days. But what printed media do you go out of your way to read?

I usually read the Sunday Times. And I avoid The Guardian, or The Grauniad/Ghastlian as we like to say.

A very much doubt you're allowed it in the U.S, but I religiously read Private Eye. Mainly because it's funny, but also because it consistently delivers the real news that governments and big business would rather not published. And its editor, Ian Hislop, is the most sued man in British legal history.

So, what do you 'pick-up'. And why?

I'll pick up a Newsweek every once in awhile because when they put out big stories I often get the opportunity to just get the news and not viewpoints of the writer. Not always but more often in that magazine than others.

I have 24/7 availability of news on cable TV and internet cost $101.00 per month. I can read almost anything I want online. Why would I buy a newspaper?

Newspapers weigh less than a laptop. :D

There's something to be said for holding a paper, flipping the pages, going back to stories. The comics, crossword, Jumble, classifieds, print ads. The feel of the paper. Wife yelling for me to pick up the 5 week old stack off the floor...

And they're useful. Like lining a flower bed as a weed guard. Shucking corn, cutting watermelon, wrapping fish guts.

It'll be a sad day when print news disappears, if ever.

I only read online news sources that are picked up by news papers & channels.

Associated Press, Wall Street Journal, New York Yimes, Reuters, Market Wire, PR Newswire, FX Street, The Oil Drum, Centre for Energy Oil news.

I read local papers, online mags/papers, and the WSJ when I'm at my brother-in-law's house. I should get a subscription to it.

Barrons. I have a weekend subscription to my local rag but don't read it much. I have an online subscription to the Wall Street Journal. Other than that, none. I used to read 4-5 newspapers a day, but newspapers are an inefficient way to distribute information. Eventually, they will all be gone.

Forum List

Back