What nation has the best health care

Discussion in 'Healthcare/Insurance/Govt Healthcare' started by Big_D, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Big_D

Big_D Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +34
    In my opinion, every nation on the globe has a poor health care system. Pick a nation and you will easily be able to find negative aspects to it. For example, I believed that France had the best health care in the world when I heard a positive news story on it and read that it was ranked #1 on the globe by the WHO. However, what I didn't realize at the time was that this is the leading cause of their debt. What is even more troubling is that the system paid for mostly by the employers at this nation. In fact, an employer is responsible to pay nearly 13% of each employees salary! Needless to say, but if a system like this would be implemented in the US, a number of small companies will go out of business and less foreign entrepreneurs would look here to do business. I am meaning to pick on France, but I think that what should be the best health care system in the world should be a good one also.

2. auditor0007

auditor0007 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,218
    Healthcare is expensive. Good healthcare is very expensive. Someone has to pay for it. So who do you think should pay for it?

3. Big_D

Big_D Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +34
    That is a question I do not have an answer to. I do not pretend to have the answers but I doubt you think that there will not be any negative repercussions if the employers are paying that much into it. I think that there has to be another way.

4. Cecilie1200

Cecilie1200 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,052
    I don't think the fact that a system has negative aspects to it makes it a poor system. It doesn't have to be perfect to be good.

5. Oddball

Oddball BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays
    Ratings:
    +8,409
    To which country do most people from other nations go for treatment, when they can choose to do so?

6. Big Black Dog

Big Black Dog Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,702
    The Congo. If you get sick there, they shake dead chickens in your face, chant funny sounding words, stick pins into clay dolls and dance for you. If you don't get better and die, they shrink your head and eat the rest of you. It cost you nothing. There is no waiting in line. Nobody is ever sent a bill. The government doesn't want to or has a need to control it and most importantly, it's never a political issue.

7. Wry Catcher

Wry Catcher Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,144
    Few Americans have any actual experience with health care in other countries; ignorance has never prevented the usual suspects from offering their opinion.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  8. manu1959

manu1959 Left Coast Isolationist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,626
    canada, england, france, mexico, danmark, finland and the soviet union.......

you.....

9. Oddball

Oddball BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays
    Ratings:
    +8,409
    The height of Freudian projection! :rofl:

10. Wry Catcher

Wry Catcher Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,144
    Whatever my parents had, CAL Health Center, US Navy, and Kaiser for the past 36 years. I have no personal experience with health care anywhere else. I did need cough suppressent in France but simply walked into the pharmacy, looked at the clerk, coughed, and he gave me what I needed.