What nation has the best health care

Big_D

Jul 15, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
In my opinion, every nation on the globe has a poor health care system. Pick a nation and you will easily be able to find negative aspects to it. For example, I believed that France had the best health care in the world when I heard a positive news story on it and read that it was ranked #1 on the globe by the WHO. However, what I didn't realize at the time was that this is the leading cause of their debt. What is even more troubling is that the system paid for mostly by the employers at this nation. In fact, an employer is responsible to pay nearly 13% of each employees salary! Needless to say, but if a system like this would be implemented in the US, a number of small companies will go out of business and less foreign entrepreneurs would look here to do business. I am meaning to pick on France, but I think that what should be the best health care system in the world should be a good one also.

In my opinion, every nation on the globe has a poor health care system. Pick a nation and you will easily be able to find negative aspects to it. For example, I believed that France had the best health care in the world when I heard a positive news story on it and read that it was ranked #1 on the globe by the WHO. However, what I didn't realize at the time was that this is the leading cause of their debt. What is even more troubling is that the system paid for mostly by the employers at this nation. In fact, an employer is responsible to pay nearly 13% of each employees salary! Needless to say, but if a system like this would be implemented in the US, a number of small companies will go out of business and less foreign entrepreneurs would look here to do business. I am meaning to pick on France, but I think that what should be the best health care system in the world should be a good one also.

Healthcare is expensive. Good healthcare is very expensive. Someone has to pay for it. So who do you think should pay for it?

Healthcare is expensive. Good healthcare is very expensive. Someone has to pay for it. So who do you think should pay for it?

That is a question I do not have an answer to. I do not pretend to have the answers but I doubt you think that there will not be any negative repercussions if the employers are paying that much into it. I think that there has to be another way.

I don't think the fact that a system has negative aspects to it makes it a poor system. It doesn't have to be perfect to be good.

What nation has the best health care?

The Congo. If you get sick there, they shake dead chickens in your face, chant funny sounding words, stick pins into clay dolls and dance for you. If you don't get better and die, they shrink your head and eat the rest of you. It cost you nothing. There is no waiting in line. Nobody is ever sent a bill. The government doesn't want to or has a need to control it and most importantly, it's never a political issue.

Few Americans have any actual experience with health care in other countries; ignorance has never prevented the usual suspects from offering their opinion.

canada, england, france, mexico, danmark, finland and the soviet union.......

you.....

Few Americans have any actual experience with health care in other countries; ignorance has never prevented the usual suspects from offering their opinion.

canada, england, france, mexico, danmark, finland and the soviet union.......

you.....

Whatever my parents had, CAL Health Center, US Navy, and Kaiser for the past 36 years. I have no personal experience with health care anywhere else. I did need cough suppressent in France but simply walked into the pharmacy, looked at the clerk, coughed, and he gave me what I needed.

To which country do most people from other nations go for treatment, when they can choose to do so?

By Editorial Staff
September 9, 2009
Summer vacation season may be over, but more working Americans are determined to travel abroad in search of cheaper non-emergency care as private insurers climb aboard the medical tourism benefits bandwagon.

The nation’s four largest commercial health insurers, seeking to counter foreign competition, have now waded into this potentially murky territory where quality and liability concerns have clouded the quest for low prices, according to a recent account published by the Associated Press.

Advertisement
The market for such services, no longer confined to the uninsured or wealthy as part of arrangements that include benefits made available on a voluntary basis, has apparently hit the mainstream of society as the number of people said to be enrolled in plans offered by these insurers is nearly 100 million. Even smaller insurers and brokers have introduced such options for scores of employers.
Large insurers embracing medical tourism - Articles - Employee Benefit News

To which country do most people from other nations go for treatment, when they can choose to do so?

Not the US.

Top Medical Tourism Destinations

You can have the best of medical attendance and service in good reasonable prices. Some hospitals have tie ups with various recreational s facilities to provide the patient some of the best times. According to the money you can pay the hospitals arrange for treatment packages. If you want to have a luxurious treatment, the hospitals of these destinations will provide you with five star services with a round the clock nurse.

The best known medical destination is Belgium. This country has doctors specializing in various medical fields such as health services, heart surgery, orthopedic surgery, cosmetic surgery, kidney transplantation and dental care. The treatments are not only world renowned and best but are also reasonable. You will get to have the best of treatment in budget price at Belgium..

Citizens will pay for their healthcare if private insurance is forced to compete, thus lowering their exorbitant charges. By not allowing them to pick only the healthiest individuals to insure.

I don't think the fact that a system has negative aspects to it makes it a poor system. It doesn't have to be perfect to be good.

That is where our opinions deviate. The simple fact that an employer will have to pay that absurd amount is enough to change the workforce for the worst. If this would happen, companies would cut back on employees and more people would look elsewhere to do business.

The US, if one is very wealthy. It's about access, not quality.
Cons have a "let them eat cake" attitude about healthcare.

ok....how many people in other countries.... have experienced health care outside of their own countries?....

I have read Spain has the best? Having been there a few years ago they do seem to have a great deal more empathy and social consciousness than you find in most places.

The World Health Organization's ranking of the world's health systems

Of course, this presupposes that "empathy" and "social consciousness" are the standards by which one judges the health care system, and that one is pig-stupid enough to consider WHO's debunked report to be worth the tree-killing required to print it.

Forum List

Back