what must be said...

pbel

Gold Member
Feb 26, 2012
http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/20...condemned-in-germany/?partner=rss&emc=rss

Updated | 4:34 p.m. A new poem by the German Nobel laureate Günter Grass depicting Israel’s undeclared nuclear might as a threat to world peace drew wide condemnation from Jewish groups and commentators in Germany on Wednesday, showing the strength of enduring taboos in German public discourse about Israel more than six decades after the Holocaust.

In the poem, titled “What Must Be Said,” Mr. Grass, 84, asks why he has remained silent about Israel’s nuclear might — which Israel has never publicly confirmed — and concludes that he had been constrained by a broader fear of being judged an anti-Semite.

But with Israel threatening to take military action against Iran’s nuclear program, the German author writes: “Why do I say only now, aged and with my last drop of ink, that the nuclear power Israel endangers an already fragile world peace? Because that must be said which may already be too late to say tomorrow.”

He also complained that by supplying submarines to Israel, Germany risked becoming “a subcontractor to a foreseeable crime.” Israel has threatened to launch a pre-emptive strike against Iran’s nuclear facilities, arguing that they are being used to acquire the capability of building nuclear weapons. But Iran says its nuclear program is for peaceful purposes. “I will no longer remain silent because I am tired of Western hypocrisy,” he said, according to an unofficial translation.

Last edited:
Germans should really just shut the fuck up complaining about the Jews merely wanting to live.

Germans should really just shut the fuck up complaining about the Jews merely wanting to live.
We didn't stop Hitler in the Thirties and the world paid a huge price. The world should realize that Israel won't have to put up with a repeat of history.

We didn't stop Hitler in the Thirties and the world paid a huge price. The world should realize that Israel won't have to put up with a repeat of history.

Germans have Jew hatred in their DNA. They worked with the Muslime Mufti to genocide the Jews.

Last edited by a moderator:
germans should really just shut the fuck up complaining about the jews merely wanting to live.
we didn't stop hitler in the thirties and the world paid a huge price. The world should realize that israel won't have to put up with a repeat of history.

germans have jew hatred in their dna. They worked with the muslime mufti to genocide the jews.
u r full of shit

Last edited by a moderator:
Günter Grass Poem Attacking Israel for Threatening Iran Is Condemned in Germany - NYTimes.com

Updated | 4:34 p.m. A new poem by the German Nobel laureate Günter Grass depicting Israel’s undeclared nuclear might as a threat to world peace drew wide condemnation from Jewish groups and commentators in Germany on Wednesday, showing the strength of enduring taboos in German public discourse about Israel more than six decades after the Holocaust.

In the poem, titled “What Must Be Said,” Mr. Grass, 84, asks why he has remained silent about Israel’s nuclear might — which Israel has never publicly confirmed — and concludes that he had been constrained by a broader fear of being judged an anti-Semite.

But with Israel threatening to take military action against Iran’s nuclear program, the German author writes: “Why do I say only now, aged and with my last drop of ink, that the nuclear power Israel endangers an already fragile world peace? Because that must be said which may already be too late to say tomorrow.”

He also complained that by supplying submarines to Israel, Germany risked becoming “a subcontractor to a foreseeable crime.” Israel has threatened to launch a pre-emptive strike against Iran’s nuclear facilities, arguing that they are being used to acquire the capability of building nuclear weapons. But Iran says its nuclear program is for peaceful purposes. “I will no longer remain silent because I am tired of Western hypocrisy,” he said, according to an unofficial translation.

It's no surprise that Grass, a former member of Hitler Youth and the Waffen SS, should have harsh things to say about Israel.

The only problem I see here is that some old guy nobody's ever heard of speaks his mind and Jews want to shut him up. If what he says is total crap, why get upset? Why not just dismiss it and move on? By complaining about what he says just legitimacises it. But I guess that for the Jewish lobby, old habits die hard.:D

The only problem I see here is that some old guy nobody's ever heard of speaks his mind and Jews want to shut him up. If what he says is total crap, why get upset? Why not just dismiss it and move on? By complaining about what he says just legitimacises it. But I guess that for the Jewish lobby, old habits die hard.:D

The fact that you have never heard of Gunter Grass says something about your general cultural education, unfortunately.

It's like you set out each day to prove how stupid and ignorant you are.

The fact that you have never heard of Gunter Grass says something about your general cultural education, unfortunately.

Why, because I'm not Jewish so I haven't memorized every suspected war criminal? I don't know too many names of the Israeli terrorists either. But i know, you have nothing to counter my actual argument so you call me names. :blahblah:

Why, because I'm not Jewish so I haven't memorized every suspected war criminal? I don't know too many names of the Israeli terrorists either. But i know, you have nothing to counter my actual argument so you call me names. :blahblah:

He is a very famous writer and actually won the Nobel Prize for literature. I didn't call you any names, but just pointed out your ignorance. Apparently reading and understanding what other people write isn't your strong suit either.

No, because your "argument" like your present post is based entirely on ignorance and bigotry. Grass is a former nazi but not a suspected war criminal, and he is a Nobel prize winning author famous around the world for his writings on Germany's past, trying to humanize nazis while at the same time condemning some of their actions. In Europe, many called him Germany's conscience, but until 2006, Grass had kept his nazi past secret, and when he finally revealed it in an autobiography, it set off a storm of criticism in Europe and caused many to withdraw honors that had previously been bestowed on him. This poem, in which Grass states that the only reason he has "been silent" about Israel all these years is that he was afraid of the criticism his views might cause, and it has set off another storm of criticism in the German media, suggesting to some that in some ways Grass remains an unreconstructed nazi.

He is a very famous writer and actually won the Nobel Prize for literature. I didn't call you any names, but just pointed out your ignorance. Apparently reading and understanding what other people write isn't your strong suit either.

He's a former member of the SS, yes? Churchill won the Nobel Prize for literature---Maybe, you need to elevate your reading material.

Last edited:

No, because your "argument" like your present post is based entirely on ignorance and bigotry. Grass is a former nazi but not a suspected war criminal, and he is a Nobel prize winning author famous around the world for his writings on Germany's past, trying to humanize nazis while at the same time condemning some of their actions. In Europe, many called him Germany's conscience, but until 2006, Grass had kept his nazi past secret, and when he finally revealed it in an autobiography, it set off a storm of criticism in Europe and caused many to withdraw honors that had previously been bestowed on him. This poem, in which Grass states that the only reason he has "been silent" about Israel all these years is that he was afraid of the criticism his views might cause, and it has set off another storm of criticism in the German media, suggesting to some that in some ways Grass remains an unreconstructed nazi.

Ok, good, a little background on the guy, that was interesting. So why is the Jewish lobby so bent out of shape? Everyone loves him until he mentions something against Israel? Sheesh, Jews sure don't take criticism very well. Never have. is there a reason why?

Ok, good, a little background on the guy, that was interesting. So why is the Jewish lobby so bent out of shape? Everyone loves him until he mentions something against Israel? Sheesh, Jews sure don't take criticism very well. Never have. is there a reason why?

Once again, nothing but ignorance and bigotry in your posts.

:trolls:

Why? Because I believe in freedom of speech? Because I said that Israelis can't take criticism?:confused:

You might also have thin skin too.:D

Why? Because I believe in freedom of speech? Because I said that Israelis can't take criticism?:confused:

:trolls:

Forum List

Back